Eddie Royal? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Eddie Royal?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Eddie Royal?

Postby moochman » Mon Sep 21, 2009 6:07 pm

Of all the disappointments so far this season, this is the one I saw coming the least. The guy was having a very nice exhibition season, wasn't he? Was I just dreaming? Then the whole Marshall silliness, Moreno not ready to play. Just seemed like things were perfect for Royal to start off strong. Now he talks about loving returning kicks as if he is concerned that it is that or no PT.
The guy is way too talented for me to give up on just yet, but a month worth of noshow will find him mixed into some crazy trade offer.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benb18a » Mon Sep 21, 2009 7:16 pm

Yeah, both keeper teams that I own him on are possibly going to be 0-2 pending tonight's stats. He better redeem himself, and quickly, before I end up in an insurmountable hole in both leagues. :-t

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Timbathia » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:04 pm

DrSpackle wrote:It's really more of Orton not on the same page as his receivers. There have been quite a few plays in both games where Orton zigged when his receivers zagged. The two receivers who have done the best so far are . . .

Gaffney -- comes from the NE system and worked with McD's offense already
Stokely -- arguably the smartest WR in football today

All the offensive players talk about McD's playbook being as thick as 2009 tax code books. Plus, this offensive is all about timing and execution.

Ding, Ding. This offense is about finding the open guy. Gaffney and Stokely are doing a better job right now at finding the right spot to run into. Royal will get better, and hopefully Marshall gets his act together. Orton is struggling still, but it is not all on him. The receivers are running poor routes and dropping balls as well. That being said, the offense is using a lot of different looks (including 3 TE sets on Sunday), and I am not sure this will ever become a 2 WR stat-dominated offense like the Patriots with Moss/Welker. I know all the sports writers tried to paint Marshall and Royal into those roles, but the offense doesnt look like it will be run that way. Long term Royal and Marshall may become productive enough to be WR2s in fantasy line-ups, but I dont see that happening before the middle of the season. They are worth stashing if you have the room, but I wouldnt be playing them right now.
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby 34=Sweetness » Mon Sep 21, 2009 8:06 pm

It's Kyle Orton throwing him the ball.

The only good receiver on the Bears last year was Forte. I was weary of any Denver WRs this year because of Orton.
ImageImage
34=Sweetness
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Previous

Return to Football Talk