Johnny Knox - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Johnny Knox

Moderator: Football Moderators

Johnny Knox

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:50 am

i read somewhere that he might become Cutler's new Eddie Royal

im using my top waiver spot on him this week...so lets hope so(its a deep league...not much there)

in PPR...i see no reason why he wouldnt warrant a start each week if he is going to continue to get looks.

could be a FA steal...as we all know at least a couple WRs pop up and become relavent each year

any thoughts good or bad?
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Johnny Knox

Postby Maris09 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 10:54 am

shawngee03 wrote:i read somewhere that he might become Cutler's new Eddie Royal

That was said about Bennett too....

Knox has looked good though.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby FatFoot » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:13 am

Rookie WR breakouts aren't all that common. Statistical aberrations are. That said, IF you were to look at Knox and Bennett and tag them as a particular sort of play, Bennett is slower but crafty, and Knox is fast as hell, but less experienced.

I don't want to say this, because I am obviously a homer, but is it dangerous to disregard a player like Knox, even though it's the Bears? Because... well, Cutler has that history of plenty of 300 yard games, and a lot of improvisation, etc. I have to think that someone on the Bears WR staff is going to distinguish himself this season, and to me, it would have to be Bennett, Knox, or Hester, but watching Knox play in the last 2 games... I'm leaning his way...

Probably dropping a speculative play to pick him up this week. Only one team ahead of me on WW priority.

Please take all of this with a grain of salt... it is usually not wise to make big plans for Chicago WRs.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:49 am

FatFoot wrote:Rookie WR breakouts aren't all that common. Statistical aberrations are. That said, IF you were to look at Knox and Bennett and tag them as a particular sort of play, Bennett is slower but crafty, and Knox is fast as hell, but less experienced.

I don't want to say this, because I am obviously a homer, but is it dangerous to disregard a player like Knox, even though it's the Bears? Because... well, Cutler has that history of plenty of 300 yard games, and a lot of improvisation, etc. I have to think that someone on the Bears WR staff is going to distinguish himself this season, and to me, it would have to be Bennett, Knox, or Hester, but watching Knox play in the last 2 games... I'm leaning his way...

Probably dropping a speculative play to pick him up this week. Only one team ahead of me on WW priority.

Please take all of this with a grain of salt... it is usually not wise to make big plans for Chicago WRs.

Yeah, all I'm looking for is consistency here. After next week we'll be able to make a more calculated observation. If only there was an easy way to check out targets. But anyway...

WEEK 1:
Hester - 4 / 90 / 1
Knox - 2 / 82 / 0
Bennett - 7 / 66 / 0

WEEK 2:
Hester - 4 / 21 / 0
Knox - 6 / 70 / 1
Bennett - 2 / 22 / 0

I think Hester and Knox have the same and most value at this point in time in standard leagues. After Bennett's disappearing act last week I'm skeptical and can only hope he regains some value in PPR but I'm not sure.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:55 am

SameSongNDance wrote:
FatFoot wrote:Rookie WR breakouts aren't all that common. Statistical aberrations are. That said, IF you were to look at Knox and Bennett and tag them as a particular sort of play, Bennett is slower but crafty, and Knox is fast as hell, but less experienced.

Yeah, all I'm looking for is consistency here. After next week we'll be able to make a more calculated observation. If only there was an easy way to check out targets. But anyway...

WEEK 1:
Hester - 4 / 90 / 1
Knox - 2 / 82 / 0
Bennett - 7 / 66 / 0

WEEK 2:
Hester - 4 / 21 / 0
Knox - 6 / 70 / 1
Bennett - 2 / 22 / 0

I think Hester and Knox have the same and most value at this point in time in standard leagues. After Bennett's disappearing act last week I'm skeptical and can only hope he regains some value in PPR but I'm not sure.

Aren't those receptions, not targets? I recall Bennett having something like 13 targets last week for 7 catches. I own Bennett in a league, so I'm very concerned about Knox.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 11:58 am

Yeah those are receptions. When I said I wish I had an easier way of finding out targets I thought that would imply that I couldn't find any as of yet. I can understand the mix up though sorry If I confused you.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:07 pm

Targets by week:

Bennett-
Week 1: 13 Targets, 7 Receptions, RC% 54% - 66 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 2 Targets, 2 Receptions, RC% 100% - 22 Yards, 0 TD

Knox-
Week 1: 4 Targets, 2 Receptions, RC% 50% - 82 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 9 Targets, 6 Receptions, RC% 67% - 70 Yards, 1 TD

Hester-
Week 1: 4 Targets, 4 Receptions, RC% 100% - 90 Yards, 1 TD
Week 2: 7 Targets, 4 Receptions, RC% 57% - 21 Yards, 0 TD

Not going to be able to tell much from that as Bennett obviously was targeted HUGE in week 1 and was #3 in Targets in week 2, while Knox and Hester increased from week 1 to week 2 at the same pace.

Also check this out:

Greg Olsen-
Week 1: 6 Targets, 1 Receptions, RC% 17% - 8 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 6 Targets, 3 Receptions, RC% 50% - 41 yards, 0 TD

I personally think you have to take Olsen's into account also. Give it one more week before we start calling either of Bennett/Knox/Hester the new Welker. I really do think that Knox comes out with the lead at some point, yes hes a rookie and they may be flashes in a pan, but this kid has great speed, outstanding body control and great hands. He has the best attributes of the three.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:11 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:Targets by week:

Bennett-
Week 1: 13 Targets, 7 Receptions, RC% 54% - 66 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 2 Targets, 2 Receptions, RC% 100% - 22 Yards, 0 TD

Knox-
Week 1: 4 Targets, 2 Receptions, RC% 50% - 82 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 9 Targets, 6 Receptions, RC% 67% - 70 Yards, 1 TD

Hester-
Week 1: 4 Targets, 4 Receptions, RC% 100% - 90 Yards, 1 TD
Week 2: 7 Targets, 4 Receptions, RC% 57% - 21 Yards, 0 TD

Not going to be able to tell much from that as Bennett obviously was targeted HUGE in week 1 and was #3 in Targets in week 2, while Knox and Hester increased from week 1 to week 2 at the same pace.

Great stuff ;-D . Where'd you find the target info? I'm a statistics junkie..

Also check this out:

Greg Olsen-
Week 1: 6 Targets, 1 Receptions, RC% 17% - 8 Yards, 0 TD
Week 2: 6 Targets, 3 Receptions, RC% 50% - 41 yards, 0 TD

I personally think you have to take Olsen's into account also. Give it one more week before we start calling either of Bennett/Knox/Hester the new Welker. I really do think that Knox comes out with the lead at some point, yes hes a rookie and they may be flashes in a pan, but this kid has great speed, outstanding body control and great hands. He has the best attributes of the three.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:18 pm

Its a secret :-b :-b

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:36 pm

Excellent stuff, Bazzy. Knox is definitely someone I want to keep my eye on.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk