Johnny Knox - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Johnny Knox

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Johnny Knox

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:51 pm

Given it's Jay Cutler, I'd say somebody in that offense is going to be very relevant this year at some point. I'd pay money to know who though, b/c as of right now it's still unclear.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:59 pm

2ksports wrote:Given it's Jay Cutler, I'd say somebody in that offense is going to be very relevant this year at some point. I'd pay money to know who though, b/c as of right now it's still unclear.

I'll throw it out here now that once Cutler sees the true talent level of all his receivers (WR or TE) he will learn that Olsen is his most dependable receiver. I expect that him and Olsen get on the same page and turn it on soon. Its all going to be a big learning curve for Cutler who A. hasn't really ever had a legit receiving RB nor B. a TE with the talent level as Olsen.

My prediction, and we can check this at seasons end, would be in order of receiving stats:

1. Greg Olsen
2. Johnny Knox
3. Earl Bennett
4. Matt Forte (by a VERY SLIM margin he finishes just behind Bennett)
5. Devin Hester
6. Desmond Clark

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Stelly » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:26 pm

As a Bennett owner, I can't make heads or tails out of this situation. 13 targets in week 1 was great to see, but week 2 was the polar opposite. I'm torn between hanging on and hoping, or dropping him for a hot hand (Manningham).

Any word what happend in the game? Did he get hurt, or just stink?
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)

Postby iamgregg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:06 am

Rotoworld wrote:According to Bears beat writer Brad Biggs, it "won't be surprising" if Johnny Knox pushes for Earl Bennett's starting job soon.

Knox replaced Bennett in two-receiver formations for the second half of Sunday's win over the Steelers. The ironic part he had only had a chance because fellow rookie Devin Aromashodu has been dealing with a quadriceps strain. Expect a rotation to limit both Bennett and Knox's value right now.

I had Knox pegged as a deep deep sleeper this year. Just wish I'd posted more about him so I'd look clever right now! :-B
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby da bears » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:22 am

Thing is that Knox has only really learned the slot position, not sure how much that plays into things but I know Bennett couldn't find the field last season because he had trouble learning all the Bears wr positions. Not sure how difficult that could possibly be since the Bears always seem to be 2 years behind the curve in the passing game but apparently it is tough. Also the guy who won the 3rd wr slot Devin Aromashodu is coming back soon and he is the biggest Bears WR (6-2, 200) who built a good pre season relationship with Cutler. Also Greg Olsen hasn't been able to get open much this year and has dropped a couple of passes thrown his way, I'm not impressed at all with him yet. This is going to be a messy situation that will fluctuate a couple of times this year. But I'd say by season's end the receiving leaders will look like this
Hester - Bears will call his number the most and he can catch safeties sleeping on deep routes
Bennett - Runs the short routes and Jay will feed him the ball more consistently as long as he is catching the passes thrown his way. Needs to be a bit more aggressive to the ball
Olsen - Maybe he's been getting blanketed but either way he hasn't been getting as many looks especially since they run a good amount of two te sets and the bears have 3 good te's
Knox - Devery Henderson is who he reminds me of
Forte - Unless the bears call more plays for him he won't approach his receiving numbers from last year and Jay isn't a big fan of checking down to his backs
Aromashodu - Loved what he did in the pre season, I'm assuming Knox retains his role but a name to keep in mind if an injury happens to any of the wr's or Olsen.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby bigh0rt » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am

I'm Johnny Knox, welcome to Jackass.
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Goody » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:29 am

As a Bennett owner, I am also confused. Is the consensus that Knox should have more value than Bennett going forward?
OKCHomers
OKCFFL Auction
Goody
General Manager
General Manager

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:50 am

This whole situation sounds like one to avoid. Hester might be the only starter-worthy WR for fantasy purposes because he's the clear #1 receiver. Knox and Bennett may form a committee-WR situation, limiting each others' value by making each of them far too inconsistent week to week. With Aromashodu coming back from injury soon, it might make all Bears' WRs (except Hester) fantasy irrelevant in 12-team leagues.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iamgregg » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:12 pm

Knox also returned kicks against Pittsburgh. Can any Bears fans comment on whether or not this is likely to continue with Manning starting at FS (presuming that's why he got taken off KR)?

One of my leagues scores return yards and PPR. If he even works into a WR2 rotation he could hold a lot of value
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby FatFoot » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:15 pm

They like him a lot for KR, and Manning is coming off a hammy, so I imagine it is likely to continue. I think you'll see some rotation between Manning and Knox and maybe even a little Hester by the end of the year. I say that because they had Hester in for a KR in week 1, but there was some sort of delay and they switched him out during that time.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk