0-2 Support Group... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

0-2 Support Group...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 0-2 Support Group...

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:23 am

I'm not 0-2 in any of my leagues. My question for those who are- what are you considering as you thinking about trades? I'd like to know how to best approach those who are winless in my leagues.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 2ksports » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:02 pm

Kareighuis wrote:I'm not 0-2 in any of my leagues. My question for those who are- what are you considering as you thinking about trades? I'd like to know how to best approach those who are winless in my leagues.

I've tried to trade with 0-2 teams. It's a no go b/c they think I'm insulting them, as all their players have low values right now.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:04 pm

Kareighuis wrote:I'm not 0-2 in any of my leagues. My question for those who are- what are you considering as you thinking about trades? I'd like to know how to best approach those who are winless in my leagues.

Honestly right now I had two very bad luck breaks. I'm not considering doing anything at the moment because I believe my preseason read on guys is still accurate. Now is not the time to start trading the guys who got off to a slow start. It's the time to sell high and play the waiting game.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bazzy_51 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:11 pm

Well in my big money league, the 14 team h2h keeper, I'm looking to do just about anything because the moving of TO from Dallas to Buffalo at the end of last year kind of put me in a tight spot. Again I have Romo, TO, Lee Evans, MJD, Addai, Witten...Devery Henderson, Chester Taylor, Torry Holt (flex spots). So basically after my keepers its just looking like I had a piss poor draft.

The main problem with this team is I just really don't like carrying both TO and Evans as my #1 and #2. So basically I've looked to move talent with value from other positions (I know not much around but...). Basically I've told this league through the trade blocks, posting and trade offers that I'm willing to combo Romo, TO and Addai to get a higher quality RB2 and a replacement WR. Other thoughts I've been thinking about and putting feelers out for are with MJD. Just trying to suck every last player that I can get out of him to balance this squad out a bit. I have had no legit takers on anything yet, and I'm not FREAKING out about an 0-2 start where I'm going to take crap for trades. And if thats what some of people who came on here and said 'chill its only 2 weeks', I know this, I made this thread as kind of a WTF/venting when you get pinned in matchups against AP week one and CJ424 week 2. Week one of this league I ran into Mike Bell who he grabbed off FAs, Cortland Finnegan who had 15 pts (very high for IDPs in this league) and Peyton/Heap/VJax (oh and not helping was my #1 and #2 WRs TO and Evans combining for 7.1 pts). Week 2 my squad just underperformed. Romo missed his projections by about 7 pts, MJD missed his by 8, not to mention the guy I went up against was carrying Driver, MB3, Kellen Winslow and Darren Sproles - all of which beat their projections by 10 pts+. So again I'm giving this team a chance, just if something comes along that I like I'm not hesitating to take it seens how I don't like Romo, TO or Addai as fantasy players to carry a team.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Dan Lambskin » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:12 pm

in my redraft league i am 0-2 but not too worried since i still think i have the best team, although it's lost some of it's luster...if i fall to 0-3 it will be panic mode though
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:36 pm

The only guys I could trade off my 0-2 team are guys that haven't produced (ie, Forte and Jacobs). And no way am I trading them now because I know I won't get any value for them. My trade high guys are Fred Jackson and Joe Flacco, but guys in my league aren't buying long term value on those guys so I can't get anything there either.

I figure I'm better off sitting tight and hoping my luck turns. You don't want to panic and make a bad team worse.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:43 pm

Being 0-2 sucks, never started off a season 0-2 yet ... until now, coming off of a champion season ... I swear I must of somehow graced the fantasy madden cover.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:40 am

dgan wrote:The only guys I could trade off my 0-2 team are guys that haven't produced (ie, Forte and Jacobs). And no way am I trading them now because I know I won't get any value for them. My trade high guys are Fred Jackson and Joe Flacco, but guys in my league aren't buying long term value on those guys so I can't get anything there either.

I figure I'm better off sitting tight and hoping my luck turns. You don't want to panic and make a bad team worse.

I've seen some interesting panic moves in my leagues-
Forte and Olsen for KevSmith and Witten- guy didn't believe in Forte and only drafted him because it seemed the right thing to do; ppr league; with all these Chi WR's producing, some consider Olsen droppable
Buckhalter for D Avery- guy had Moreno and needed the production he thought Moreno would get as another Denver RB
Steve Smith (car) and Hasselbeck for P Manning and Breason- guy already had Boldin, so he thought he was handcuffing his top WR; pulled this trade before Hass went down this weekend
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 3)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:06 pm

I'm 0 and 2 in my free league :-b. Sitting in 7th out of 10 with the second most points and the first most points scored against.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby smackthefirst » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:14 pm

Yup, I'm 0-2 in my main money league as well. Between McNabb's injury and Orton underperforming even my hopes of being a top 15 QB, it's been a long season thus far. Hopefully though I can get things going this week and start a nice winning streak.

The league is a 12 team PPR setup where we start 2 QBs. My roster for the first 2 games was:

2QB - DMcNabb, KOrton, SHill, CSimms, CPepp
2/3RB - KSmith, RBush, KMoreno, CWells, ABradshaw, WMcGahee
2/3WR - RMoss, CJohnson, PHarvin, NBurleson
1TE - GOlsen
2K - OMare, SSuisham
1D - Weekly Change

And my roster as of today is as follows thanks to my being able to unload KSmith and take a gamble on MForte. At the end of the season, I'm going to look back on this trade and it will either be the reason I turned my season around or the reason that my season completely imploded. Kinda rough to have everything riding on Forte.

2QB - DMcNabb, KOrton, SHill, CSimms
2/3RB - MForte, RBush, KMoreno, CWells, ABradshaw,
2/3WR - RMoss, CJohnson, PHarvin, NBurleson, MSims-Walker
1TE - GOlsen, ODaniels, JFinley
2K - OMare, SSuisham
1D - Weekly Change
My Playoff Team - Please Comment
MSchaub, DMcNabb, JFreeman, KKolb
SJackson, THightower, CWells, JForsett, JSnelling, CJennings, QGanther
RWayne, RMoss, RMeachem, MCrabtree, DBowe
VDavis
smackthefirst