Mario Manningham - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Mario Manningham

Moderator: Football Moderators

Mario Manningham

Postby spark0901 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:41 pm

This guy looked like a stud last night. I know Domenik Hixon starts ahead of him, but after last night, it's going to be hard to keep this guy off the field. How excited is everyone about his performance last night? Are we seeing a star in the making, or was this just a product of a defense being underprepared for him? Can he keep producing at a fairly high level once defenses start paying more attention to him?
spark0901
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Mario Manningham

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:46 pm

He also looked like he couldn't catch the ball. Those bobbles won't go his way next time. Stick with Steve Smith, who is the actual WR1 of that team.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:48 pm

I'm going to quote myself..

SameSongNDance wrote:I've noticed that the NYG (i live in NJ so I do a lot of noticing) have uncharacteristically thrown more (67 attempts) than ran (53 carries). It's reflecting in their stats as they are 6th in passing and 21rst in running (can change after tonight's game, but not drastically). I think it's safe to assume this won't keep up. This is the reason I'm not as high on Manningham as the rest. Steve Smith, although I still don't think he'll be an EVERY week starter, will finish this season on top.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:50 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:I'm going to quote myself..

SameSongNDance wrote:I've noticed that the NYG (i live in NJ so I do a lot of noticing) have uncharacteristically thrown more (67 attempts) than ran (53 carries). It's reflecting in their stats as they are 6th in passing and 21rst in running (can change after tonight's game, but not drastically). I think it's safe to assume this won't keep up. This is the reason I'm not as high on Manningham as the rest. Steve Smith, although I still don't think he'll be an EVERY week starter, will finish this season on top.

Amen. Don't waste a #1 waiver on this guy, and know that the 2 other dudes were injured, Nicks and Hixon.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 1:55 pm

2ksports wrote:

Amen. Don't waste a #1 waiver on this guy, and know that the 2 other dudes were injured, Nicks and Hixon.

Hixon is junk, said this since week 1 of camps when everyone was hyping the crap out of him. Injured or not Hixon is not going to be anything more then a WR3-WR4 on the Giants depth chart. He runs iffy routes and when the ball is thrown to him doesn't even look like he makes an effort if its not dead on. Added to when he drops a pass he comes up limping or runs to the sideline with some sort of 'tweak or injury'. Nicks on the other hand I can see coming back and stealing some touches from both Manningham and Smith. Overall I still say that Smith and Manningham end up #1 and #2 by seasons end.

Bobbles or not Manningham has showed that he can be depended on. Your telling me that a bobbled catch doesn't count the same as a one handed catch or a 'sure grab'? Stats don't show how you caught the ball, just that you did infact catch it. Manningham has above average hands and great speed, he runs crisp routes and can be used as the burner or a possession receiver. He showed he could get it done on the big college football stage in Michigan, and thus far has shown he can get it done on the biggest of stages in the NFL. To say that hes not worth a waiver claim in a 12+ team league I think is a little far fetched.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:02 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:

Hixon is junk, said this since week 1 of camps when everyone was hyping the crap out of him. Injured or not Hixon is not going to be anything more then a WR3-WR4 on the Giants depth chart. He runs iffy routes and when the ball is thrown to him doesn't even look like he makes an effort if its not dead on. Added to when he drops a pass he comes up limping or runs to the sideline with some sort of 'tweak or injury'. Nicks on the other hand I can see coming back and stealing some touches from both Manningham and Smith. Overall I still say that Smith and Manningham end up #1 and #2 by seasons end.

Bobbles or not Manningham has showed that he can be depended on. Your telling me that a bobbled catch doesn't count the same as a one handed catch or a 'sure grab'? Stats don't show how you caught the ball, just that you did infact catch it. Manningham has above average hands and great speed, he runs crisp routes and can be used as the burner or a possession receiver. He showed he could get it done on the big college football stage in Michigan, and thus far has shown he can get it done on the biggest of stages in the NFL. To say that hes not worth a waiver claim in a 12+ team league I think is a little far fetched.

Um, he had balls thrown right in his hands which he bobbled, it wasn't just the TD. It wasn't like he had a bad ball thrown at him, in which he bobbled it, which is very different.. When I watched the game, he's not that good of a receiver. If you like relying on a WR with stone hands in a run-first offense with 4 WRs splitting time, be my guest. I'll stick with Steve Smith being the only reliable starter out of that group.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:24 pm

2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:

Um, he had balls thrown right in his hands which he bobbled, it wasn't just the TD. It wasn't like he had a bad ball thrown at him, in which he bobbled it, which is very different.. When I watched the game, he's not that good of a receiver. If you like relying on a WR with stone hands in a run-first offense with 4 WRs splitting time, be my guest. I'll stick with Steve Smith being the only reliable starter out of that group.

So now Manningham has no relevance as a fantasy player? Just the same as Forte who 'has no skill'? Come on man be serious, how do you figure hes WR4? Hixon is no where near WR2-WR3 and Nicks is hurt soooo I'm guessing as it stands right now Manningham is WR2. Not to mention that those 'stone hands' have been targeted 17 times in the first 2 weeks and hes caught 13 of those targets. Not to even mention the yardage totals, oh or the fact that he has been targeted for a TD in each of the first 2 weeks. And again you revert back to him 'bobbling the ball', did he catch it? As far as I know his 76% Target/Reception percentage is a HELL of a lot better then that of Hixon's 33%.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:37 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

So now Manningham has no relevance as a fantasy player? Just the same as Forte who 'has no skill'? Come on man be serious, how do you figure hes WR4? Hixon is no where near WR2-WR3 and Nicks is hurt soooo I'm guessing as it stands right now Manningham is WR2. Not to mention that those 'stone hands' have been targeted 17 times in the first 2 weeks and hes caught 13 of those targets. Not to even mention the yardage totals, oh or the fact that he has been targeted for a TD in each of the first 2 weeks. And again you revert back to him 'bobbling the ball', did he catch it? As far as I know his 76% Target/Reception percentage is a HELL of a lot better then that of Hixon's 33%.

Sounds like someone picked up Manningham :)

Also I'm right on Forte so far, so what's your point? He's not that level of talent where I feel comfortable drafting him in the 1st round, let alone top 4.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:46 pm

In a 12 team+ league, Manningham is definitely worth your WW priority, at least if the league is anything close to active. I still prefer Smith, but Manningham is a very solid speculative add as a WR4 in fantasy with upside as high as a WR2.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 10)

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:48 pm

CBMGreatOne wrote:In a 12 team+ league, Manningham is definitely worth your WW priority, at least if the league is anything close to active. I still prefer Smith, but Manningham is a very solid speculative add as a WR4 in fantasy with upside as high as a WR2.

That is true, it depends on who's on the waivers I guess. If you have deep benches, I guess there is no better option.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Next

Return to Football Talk