huge league problem on yahoo...anyone have any clue? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

huge league problem on yahoo...anyone have any clue?

Moderator: Football Moderators

huge league problem on yahoo...anyone have any clue?

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:03 pm

ok here is what happened. this morning i woke up to a post from a fellow member commenting on the fact that the schedules were still mixed up from when we had divisions(got voted down before the draft). so i went in to manually change the schedules, and there was a button which said randomize upcoming weeks for the season. i proceeded to click this, only to find out it changed around the matchups from WEEKS 1 AND 2, which obviously changed win losses for every team basically. funny part is you can edit the remaining schedule for every week from 3 on out, but can't change 1 and 2, yet randomizing remaining schedule changed them. does anyone have even the slightest idea what i should do?

the only thing we've came up with so far is for me to go in and alter point totals based on the current randomized matchups just so that every teams record will be the same after the first 2 weeks, than just keep track of points when they need to be used(playoff standings and such)

also if there is any way i can start a new league on yahoo or another site and enter the teams/points/records or whatever, just let me know what you guys think.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: huge league problem on yahoo...anyone have any clue?

Postby 204BC » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:11 pm

letsgobirds wrote:the only thing we've came up with so far is for me to go in and alter point totals based on the current randomized matchups just so that every teams record will be the same after the first 2 weeks, than just keep track of points when they need to be used(playoff standings and such).

I would not change the scores. It might get everyone's records back where they were but what happens when two teams have the same record at the end of the season and total points scored is used to determine the tiebreaker? Someone might get a raw deal on that one.

I hate to say it but to me it sounds like the best option would be to just leave things as is. Yeah, some teams now have a loss, maybe even two losses that they wouldn't have had before but so be it. The question that needs to be asked is this: "would any of the owners have been upset about their schedule prior to the start of the season if it had been set up like it is now?" If the answer is no, then don't change a thing. If the schedule had been right from the start then they'd have the record they have and there's really nothing that would have changed that. It is what it is.
204BC
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe WriterCafe RankerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:25 pm

i understand what you're saying, i just can already hear a few members of my league complaining about flawed records come playoff time. in the end of the day, yahoo sucks and i won't be using it again even after all these years...
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Maris09 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:30 pm

letsgobirds wrote:i understand what you're saying, i just can already hear a few members of my league complaining about flawed records come playoff time. in the end of the day, yahoo sucks and i won't be using it again even after all these years...

Not sure how this is Yahoo's fault. You guys decided to change things around after the season had started, and now things are messed up. Sounds like a YP to me.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:31 pm

"The "Shuffle Entire Schedule" button below will randomly swap teams across existing matchups for upcoming regular season games.

when it said UPCOMING regular season games, i assumed that meant future,considering that is the meaning of upcoming...
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CBMGreatOne » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:55 pm

You have to restore the W/L records to what they were before the schedule shuffling. I couldn't disagree more with your first response. Though I don't know how to fix it, I'm sure if you give the problem due diligence, you can find a solution. Fantasy Genie will probably chime in.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 11)

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:04 pm

yeah that's basically what i have been trying to do, havent found a solution yet however. any yahoo guru's out there would be greatly appreciated.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby KCollins1304 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:50 pm

Just keep randomizing until it ends up the way it was before. I'm not in the mood to calculate how many different possible matchups there could be in 2 weeks, but it isn't that large of number. :-B
KCollins1304
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby letsgobirds » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:53 pm

KCollins1304 wrote:Just keep randomizing until it ends up the way it was before. I'm not in the mood to calculate how many different possible matchups there could be in 2 weeks, but it isn't that large of number. :-B

hahaha i did this for about an hour and it came within 2 matchups different 3 times...screw me right.
letsgobirds
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 21, 2009 5:55 pm

You should keep randomizing it until you get the correct win loss records. Disregard the matchups. Hope you know what I meant.

This is Yahoo's fault for wording it in a confusing way.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to Commissioner's Corner