UW Thread - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

UW Thread

Moderator: Football Moderators

UW Thread

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:35 pm

Hey all just had to start one of these to hear what everyone has to say. How bout the University of Washington Huskies going from 0-12 (actually 0-15 if you count the 3 losses from the year previous) to ranked in the top 25 just one off season later? My girlfriend is from out here on the west coast and attended UW so shes a diehard, but I'll tell ya what I ripped her all year last year and all off season about this TERRIBLE showing, and now look at them. Played then ranked #8 LSU very tough and LSU barely slipped out with a win. Took on Idaho and beat them down (which they should have done) but then welcomed then ranked #3 USC into by far the loudest stadium in the land for the 12th man and made them look silly. Is Sark the answer in Washington or is it Jake Locker (who has looked like a beast and if he played on any other team would be a potential heisman candidate) or is it just the humiliation of going defeated a year ago?

Overall I know USC has major QB question marks and Mcknight was a little dinged up, but I think its time to give some credit where credit is due. Pac-10 record making, laughed off every field they played on including their own in 2008 to a team to be reckoned with in the Pac-10 and potentially take the crown in 2009. They have definitely gained a lot of respect from me so far this season, I understand its a long season, but the Huskies look to be back to a legit level of competition and this team is NO team to sleep on this year.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: UW Thread

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:33 am

Belief in your coaching staff and their system is a powerful thing. Ty (Rick Neuheisel didn't help either) drove the program into such a funk that even with decent players they had a losing mentality which really can make bad things happen. I don't think this win means they'll see this success all year, they had a few extra steps on the USC program. I do think this win will go down as a turning of the program, however. The publicity from it is just priceless in the world of recruiting, especially when most of todays high school players are too young to remember when UW was a serious national contender year in and year out. Amazing what a competent coach can do for a team.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:04 am

Yup remarkable turn around by the Huskies, big props to them. ;-D

Um...I hate to tell you this, but Huskies Stadium is not the loudest stadium in the land. Hell it's not even the loudest stadium in the Pac-10, both the loudest Pac-10 stadium title and the loudest college football stadium title belong to the Ducks and Autzen stadium. ;-)

According to ESPN's College Football Live Thursday June 4, 2009 Autzen's 127.2db is the loudest recorded college football crowd.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:59 am

Metroid wrote:Yup remarkable turn around by the Huskies, big props to them. ;-D

Um...I hate to tell you this, but Huskies Stadium is not the loudest stadium in the land. Hell it's not even the loudest stadium in the Pac-10, both the loudest Pac-10 stadium title and the loudest college football stadium title belong to the Ducks and Autzen stadium. ;-)

According to ESPN's College Football Live Thursday June 4, 2009 Autzen's 127.2db is the loudest recorded college football crowd.

of course it's going to be loud, it only holds like 5,000 people ;-7
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Mugrila » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:33 pm

I don't know why they don't recognize it, but according to this, "During the 1992 Nebraska contest, the first night game in Husky Stadium history, ESPN sideline crews measured the crowd noise at 130 decibels." Link.
Mugrila
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:03 pm

Mugrila wrote:

I don't know why they don't recognize it, but according to this, "During the 1992 Nebraska contest, the first night game in Husky Stadium history, ESPN sideline crews measured the crowd noise at 130 decibels." Link.

Thank you, ESPN for some reason, and I don't know why isn't showing this. But I was going to say it has, in fact, been recorded as the loudest stadium in the nation thanks to the metal roof tops holding all the noise in and echoing.

Either way they may not with the Pac-10 title, but this is a damn good team and not a squad to sleep on. As a new comer to the UDub fan base (again cuz of my girlfriend, lol, still bleed Green and White State Style) just think if they win the Apple Cup to top the season off. If that happens yall better watch out for Washington next year, beat USC and Washington State in the same year will give them more motivation and determination then anything else. I will again say, Jake Locker, if he played on any other more recognizable team in college football he would be a legit contender for the heisman. Kid is a beast, big kid with a big arm, fast and quick on his feet and just throws a beautiful ball-wether hes stepping into a throw or scrambling throwing off his back foot 25 yards its a bullet with a nice tight spiral on the money. Kid is crazy good and if it weren't for the broken hand/wrist last year yall would know a lot more about him this year.

BTW speaking of recruiting didn't UW get Montana's boy?

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:50 pm

The loudest stadium debate has and will rage on for years, I'm sure the good people down at LSU would have something to say about how loud their stadium is too, among many others. Really, I was just giving you a hard time man. Regardless what anybody says both Oregon and Washington can boast to having two of the loudest stadiums in the country. Not surprising really, up here in the Pacific Northwest we're cooped up so long because of the rain when we get a chance to get out we like to let it out! :-B

Again, I can't say enough good things about the remarkable turnaround the Huskies program has made. ;-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:45 pm

I was about as excited for UW last weekend as I was with the Oregon win. Wow. What a game. It sure appears that Husky football is back.

I caught the noise thing too. Sorry. Ya don't hold a candle to Autzen. }:-)

But I will say this. I was in Husky Stadium two years ago when the Ducks came to town. Sitting in the quiet of the endzone when they're yelling GO (from one side) HUS-KIES (from the other) is pretty friggin ominous.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:21 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:I was about as excited for UW last weekend as I was with the Oregon win. Wow. What a game. It sure appears that Husky football is back.

I caught the noise thing too. Sorry. Ya don't hold a candle to Autzen. }:-)

But I will say this. I was in Husky Stadium two years ago when the Ducks came to town. Sitting in the quiet of the endzone when they're yelling GO (from one side) HUS-KIES (from the other) is pretty friggin ominous.

LOL. My girl was just chanting that this past weekend with the crowd on TV. I'm like are you kidding me? She was in one of the sorority houses and has all kind of chants and crap. She was just talking about that chant tho.

BTW. Nfl Fan, that was some god awful matching jobs for the colors of the Ducks this past weekend, the all black and all yellow are the 2 coolest I think (the yellow for guys that are under 250 pounds LOL). The one thats nasty looking is the one that #2 is wearing right upfront, that ugly grey, silver and white, especially on TV:

Image :-P :-P :-P

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:55 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:BTW. Nfl Fan, that was some god awful matching jobs for the colors of the Ducks this past weekend, the all black and all yellow are the 2 coolest I think (the yellow for guys that are under 250 pounds LOL). The one thats nasty looking is the one that #2 is wearing right upfront, that ugly grey, silver and white, especially on TV:

Dude, you nailed it. I couldn't believe it. After all those years of only Duck fans liking our combos... this year they have some awesome looking possibilities and they came up with this??? Are you freaking kidding me? :-P :-{

God knows what they come up with this Saturday. Whatever it is, I hope it finds the endzone about a half a dozen times. :-D
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Next

Return to College Football