Sell 'em While You Can - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sell 'em While You Can

Moderator: Football Moderators

Sell 'em While You Can

Postby Retet » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:29 am

Here's one T.J. Housh -- he's got name recognition/value still. And some people will be thinking that they're getting a "buy low" -- but I just don't see Housh having that great a year this year. There are a lot of receiving options in Seattle, a shakey QB situation, etc. . .

Anyone else see a player that could be moved now while he still holds some "name" value?
"Happy life day!"
Retet
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Sell 'em While You Can

Postby da bears » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:45 am

Mario Manningham - Are the Giants really going to be throwing the ball this much this year?? Obviously you won't be able to get anything golden but if you can package him and someone else for an upgrade then jump on it.
Roy Williams - This one would have worked much better after last week but I'm just not buying it Roy, you've always been pretty lazy and Romo will spread the ball around
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby da bears » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:56 am

Aaron Rodgers - watched both of their games and this guy will be lucky to make it through the season. People projecting him didn't take a good look at their o-line especially the tackles, both of them are now garbage. I'd rather have Brees, Brady, Manning, Rivers, Warner, Schaub, Ryan, and possibly even Cutler/Flacco
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Fade2White12 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:10 am

Sell While You Can RBs:
Clinton Portis - He's looked slow this year, has had pretty mediocre games against two extremely favorable matchups, and he's strictly a 2-down RB with Betts spelling him every 3rd down. Also, their O-line is horrible, they just lost their best run-blocking lineman for the entire year, and Jason Campbell and their passing game is so bad that all defenses have to do is stack the box.

Thomas Jones - Personally, I thought coming into this season that the claims of his impending demise were premature. Hell, he was being drafted as almost a #3. Although I knew Leon Washington would assume a bigger role this year, I had no idea it would be an identical 50/50 split. With Jones' garbage time fantasy points from Week 1, his inflated rank should allow you to trade him for something.

Buy While You Can RBs:
Steve Slaton - He had a horrible first couple of weeks which I attribute to his difficult schedule (NYJ, TENN). From here on out, his schedule is gravy. His next 6 week up until his bye: Oak, @Ari, @Cin, SF, @Buf, @Ind. This week Tennessee keyed on the run after Schaub's horrible Week 1, and made them pay. Teams won't allow it to be that easy for him going forward, opening things up for Slaton giving him more room to run.

LT - I know that there are two camps here at the Cafe - pro and anti LT. I'm on LT's side. Before he got hurt, LT was on his way to a very productive afternoon and was in on 3rd downs. Sproles is not a feature back, and really does his only work in the passing game. In the two games he's taken over for LT this year, he has a 2.6 YPC. Now LT is not the player he once was, but he still has more talent than most of the RBs taken around him. After his bye this is SD's schedule: Den, @KC, Oak, @NYG, Phi, @Den, KC, @Cle, @Dal, Cin, @Ten, Was. The only difficult matchups are those two against the Eagles and Titans.
Fade2White12
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby lacunacoiler » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:12 pm

fred jackson= sell on him now while he is very hot... as soon as marshawn returns, he will lose alot of the touches he is getting...

mike bell= with him likely not playing in week3, PT has the chance to regain his job... this is probably the must sell for me..

felix jones= stash him & see if you can cash something from barber owners..

john calrson= if you got another starter quality te, sell him high for those who need a starting te... hass' injury scares me though.. i dont know if seneca is enough to help carlson get productive numbers.. carlson got some nice passes thrown to him by seneca, but i wont expect it to be consistent with seneca under center compared to having hass under center..

cadillac/ward= times share issues & that TB will be playing against some solid rush d for the next few weeks(NYG, WAS, PHI, GB, MIA, ATL, NYJ).. gotta sell this guys this week before they get a bad game against the giants...

deangelo williams= im just worried that stewart's touches are not far behind from dwill's touches.. only missing from stewart is the goal line touches, which makes dwill's value high for now..

ray rice= use name value to milk as much as you can, coz it seems that mcgahee is back..

santonio holmes= PIT is passing the ball alot for the 1st 2 weeks coz of an anemic running game.. but as soon as PIT learns how to run the ball again, santonio & ward will lose their value...
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:17 pm

lacunacoiler wrote:fred jackson= sell on him now while he is very hot... as soon as marshawn returns, he will lose alot of the touches he is getting...

mike bell= with him likely not playing in week3, PT has the chance to regain his job... this is probably the must sell for me..

john calrson= if you got another starter quality te, sell him high for those who need a starting te... hass' injury scares me though.. i dont know if seneca is enough to help carlson get productive numbers.. carlson got some nice passes thrown to him by seneca, but i wont expect it to be consistent with seneca under center compared to having hass under center..

cadillac/ward= times share issues & that TB will be playing against some solid rush d for the next few weeks(NYG, WAS, PHI, GB, MIA, ATL, NYJ).. gotta sell this guys this week before they get a bad game against the giants...

deangelo williams= im just worried that stewart's touches are not far behind from dwill's touches.. only missing from stewart is the goal line touches, which makes dwill's value high for now..

ray rice= use name value to milk as much as you can, coz it seems that mcgahee is back..

santonio holmes= PIT is passing the ball alot for the 1st 2 weeks coz of an anemic running game.. but as soon as PIT learns how to run the ball again, santonio & ward will lose their value...

I like this one the best, but Dwill may not have enough value to sell b/c of Stewart. I like the other predictions, I have a baaad feeling about Rice.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby lacunacoiler » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:47 pm

lacunacoiler wrote:fred jackson= sell on him now while he is very hot... as soon as marshawn returns, he will lose alot of the touches he is getting...

maybe you can add to this list..

jason witten(buy & sell at the same time)= havent produced yet based from his adp... if your selling him, milk as much as you can and target a lower tier te like keller... if your buying, go get him as i believe that he will produce like a true tier1 te later this season..

dustin keller= one of sanchez's fav receiver.. i do believe that he will definitely end the season as a top10 te, with possibly finishing top5... milk him as much as you can..

ben roethlesberger= is he gonna return to his 2007 form, or he is just being forced to throw the ball coz of PIT's anemic running game.. so far he got 3td's(1rush) & 3int's, high comp %, & top10 in pass yards... maybe use those numbers to entice owners that are panickign with their qb's..
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lacunacoiler » Tue Sep 22, 2009 4:51 pm

2ksports wrote:

I like this one the best, but Dwill may not have enough value to sell b/c of Stewart. I like the other predictions, I have a baaad feeling about Rice.

yeah i knew that BAL will be a rbbc this season, but i didnt expect that rice's value is melting this quick as it rose quickly during the preseason... i doubt i will find a good value i will like if i trade him(unless im getting either slaton or forte).. i guess im gonna hold onto him for now..

good thing though is that on 2 yahoo leagues i have him, i got rice through waivers coz he went undrafted... and on espn, i got rice on 1 team from waivers(got dropped after week1) & 2 teams through a sell low trade(rice was included on a package)..
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:04 pm

The whole Seahawk team. Especially, Julius Jones.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby CBMGreatOne » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:15 pm

Ray Rice's stock took a hit this week. Willis may be back, but now isn't the time to sell on Rice. Count me among those who still feel like, for the year, Ray will be the more valuable back than McGahee by hook or by crook.

As far as Fred Jackson and Marshawn are concerned, with as good as Jackson has looked, I have a very hard time believing Marshawn will be poaching any more than 50% of his carries when he returns from suspension. If someone in your league doesn't realize that Marshawn is coming back and expects that Freddy will be the feature back he has been to this point, then by all means sell, but I think it's more likely that owners are underrating Jackson right now compared to what his value will continue to be even after Lynch returns.

Felix is still a hold to me. Barber's quad strain will keep him out for at least this week and I have a feeling the news has a chance to get worse. That didn't look like something you just walk off. MBIII could be in for a more extended absence than the initial reports and who knows what Felix will do during that time. Only sell if you can get a starting caliber player for your team, which I don't think you will until after Felix goes for 100 and 2 vs Carolina this week.

Bell was running very well in Pierre's absence and it is a darn shame that he got hurt this week, because this was a guy who could have been the ultimate shocker and taken 60% of the N.O. carries even with Pierre back. He has looked that good. Now that he's hurt and the conventional wisdom has Pierre reclaiming his job with ease, I don't think you're going to get much for Bell anyway. I guess I have him as a hold as well.

Guys I would sell high on would be Caddy, McGahee, and Hightower. I'll be darned if Caddy stays healthy and McGahee is NOT a top 10 RB in fantasy. If someone in your league is more impressed than they should be with 4 TDs in two weeks, you could net a nice return for Willis. Wells will continue to push Hightower for work and could end up being the more valuable of the two by seasons end, though Hightower admittedly probably has at least 4-6 more weeks of being a weekly top 20 option.

I'd be buying low on Slaton, Forte, LenDale, and LT. Tomlinson's schedule sets up very nicely for when he comes back and Sproles isn't a guy who can withstand the punishment of 20 carries a week. Slaton and LenDale's owners could easily be in panic mode right now. I might offer something ludicrous like Mario Manningham for LenDale just to see what happens. Forte will be studly, it just hasn't happened for him yet. I'm not worried.
CBMGreatOne
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk