Sell 'em While You Can - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sell 'em While You Can

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Sell 'em While You Can

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:58 pm

BALCO All-Stars wrote:What to do with Willis McGahee? I'm a Rice fan, but McGahee has looked solid so far...any chance he becomes the primary back? Or has he already taken it over? And I like this segment, but I think it would be interesting to see what other posters think you can get for said player (i.e. what type of WR should I reasonably target for McGahee?)

Depends entirely on league specifics (size, type, starting requirements), and the rosters of both your team and the team you're considering.

In a redraft league, assuming no team is either incredibly deep or shallow at RB or WR, I'd say ranked 31 and below on this list would be about what I'd give straight-up for McGahee.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:42 pm

R. Brown, M. Manningham, W. McGahee. ... just a few to name.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:20 am

M Colston
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:03 am

mystykoekaki wrote:R. Brown, M. Manningham, W. McGahee. ... just a few to name.

justinj312 wrote:M Colston

OK, I can see Koekaki's, but why would you say Colston?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:24 am

A few lower tier or lower name guys that could potentially bring back good value/p!ssed off manager value.

Nate Burleson - 120 and a TD, a lot of targets but I really can't see this happening all year. Also with these first 2 pretty good weeks his name value is climbing by the minute.

Antwaan Randle El - 137 yards. Now again like I said these are lower tier guys, but have gained value based on the first couple weeks. Not saying your going to get top 3 round value for any of these, but could get a struggling player who's statistic past shows more consistency. And the Washington offense all together just looks bad, this actually being about the best story coming out of it thus far.

Larent Robinson - After all these people scooping him up his name is buzzing all over the place. Not to mention the 141 and TD doesn't look all that bad right now. But when do the double teams start coming more often as Robinson is the only receiving target worth a damn right now. Also when does Avery pull his head out of his a$$ and start playing thus robbing some touches.

Devery Henderson - 173 and a TD. No way this guy averages 90 yards a week from here on out. Hes a big play hitter for sure but this has been without Lance Moore on the field and Meachem being ghostly. Too many targets around him. And can sell this guy a little higher, possibly, given his stats and the fact that you can sell the passing offense.

Donald Driver - Carries a hell of a lot more name value then the others. Also after a strong performance last week his stats inflated big time. 138 and 1 TD, plays for a big name team, pays in a 'becoming' pass first offense and can also throw in there his 5 seasons of 1000+ receiving yards. Age will start to creep up on him, and has been very uncharacteristic this year dropping so pretty easy 'Driver passes'.

Tim Hightower - 220 total yards 1 TD. The coaching staff is trying their damndest to get Wells as many touches as they possibly can, and if/when his fumble woes cool down Hightower will start losing more and more touches. Hightower I believe will keep the RB receiving role, but remember those 133 receiving yards have come with Bolding dinged up and out and Breaston out. Both will be back this weekend.

Caddy Williams - 162 total yards and 2 TDs. Come on we are talking about the guy who had how many surgeries on the same knee? Also there is no way (as shown last week) that he keeps up his YPC and that intern will give Ward and even Graham more touches. Get all the value you can while you can.

Those are a few that I think are definitely sell em while you can to get the best value you can...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fierro33 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:43 am

Manningham would be my sell at the moment....get something good for him while u can

wondering what u all think of sims-walker
fierro33
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 37)

Postby sirchadwick1 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:42 am

fierro33 wrote:Manningham would be my sell at the moment....get something good for him while u can

wondering what u all think of sims-walker

I would also sell Manningham right now while he's the #1 WR in fantasy numbers. That could very well be his best game of the season and I feel that S. Smith will be the best guy to own regardless of your league format. When Hixon and Nicks are coming back in for plays he'll take a cut unless he really shows that he is the 'man' in NY. I don't know many suckers that will buy high on an unproven guy after 1 big game.. but definitely shop him if you can. I just saw a guy trade Manningham for TO. I'd do that all day long.
2010 12-team .5PPR
QB - Ryan, Vick
RB - S. Greene, Forte, Stewart, F. Jones, Sproles
WR - Moss, Megatron, NYG Smith, Floyd, M. Williams (TB)
TE - Cooley
D - CIN (week to week)
K - Bironas
sirchadwick1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby justinj312 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:30 pm

Kareighuis wrote:

I think his value is a an all-time high right now. His ability to stay healthy my only question. If you can turn him into a RB1 (say Forte), I'd think hard about it. (And then I'd grab L Moore on the cheap)
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 4:35 pm

justinj312 wrote:
Kareighuis wrote:

I think his value is a an all-time high right now. His ability to stay healthy my only question. If you can turn him into a RB1 (say Forte), I'd think hard about it. (And then I'd grab L Moore on the cheap)

Don't really understand why people think that? Outside of his rookie year (he was a little dinged up middle of the season, but what rookie won't be?) last year was his only year with an injury that kept him out of action for an extended period of time. I really wouldn't question his health as much as I would his Yardage totals. With all the ball hawks in New Orleans Colston may not see as much of a yardage total this year, that would be my only cause for concern, but its again a light one. I wouldn't sell Colston unless I was getting something more valuable in return.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby scottiepimps59 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:01 pm

I would definitely be keeping Colston. Agree with Bazzy on the yardage total but this guy is looking like a TD beast. Not out of the question to expect 14TDs and see his ceiling at around 18. I think ppl under-estimate what it means to be Brees' favorite target even with all the weapons at his disposal.

Sell em while you can:

Clinton Portis. I would try and flip him for players like Pierre Thomas, Willis McGahee (this year's Brandon Jacobs), or Knowshon Moreno. Portis put up average numbers against StL, that's very disconcerting. Additionally, it's now been revealed that Portis has bone spurs in his ankle and that it's been bothering him. Betts is also taking over third downs and the Skins O-line and passing game aren't helping any bit. The schedule only gets harder so don't get caught hoping for a sudden turnaround.

Whether its PT Cruiser, Hamilton or Bell, any back not named Reggie Bush would do just fine in NO system. No one stacks the line against the Saints and that usually means wide open lanes. As indiscriminant as NO is with its receivers, it's my honest opinion that when healthy, PT is the most dynamic option at RB and that's who they'll stick with.

Willis McGahee is also no flash in the pan. LeRon will only get a couple touches a game as he's been moved to full time full back duties with Lorenzo Neal in retirement. No one knows who the lion's share of the carries will go to which means there is no clear number 1 in the Ravens backfield. That bodes very well for McGahee. What's crystal clear, though, is that Rice will almost exclusively work between the 20s sans gimmicky (e.g. statue of liberty) plays while McGahee makes a living on short yardage situations. If you consider the Raven's schedule and project 500 carries on the season. McGahee is definitely seeing at least 200 of those carries. Even at an average 4.0 clip, that's 800 yards on the ground alone. McGahee should also see roughly 200 yds through the air. On a conservative estimate, 1000 yds and 12+ TDs is nothing to laugh at and may be much better than what Portis can give you.

As for Moreno, he's got the gold standard of O-line's rush protecting for him. I love Peyton Hillis as a full back... Hillis himself could run for positive yardage on every play... the fact that Hillis is smashing holes for you only improves your chances on gaining solid yardage. Not to mention that Kyle Orton LOVES to check down to his RB. Denver's tough passing schedule should encourage Orton to look for Moreno very often. Moreno has good hands and should take full advantage of the situation and his natural talent should launch him into elite status.

At any rate, you can obviously trade Portis for one of these guys plus change. I might offer up Portis for Pierre Thomas and Bernard Berrian. I'm hoping the Detroit game at least makes Portis look half decent so it increases his trade value.
scottiepimps59
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 1)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk