Chris Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Chris Henry

Postby dblj9911 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 12:59 pm

I know that Palmer talked him up all pre season and training camp, but he has 2 catches so far, one was a td. I know that before the first week of the season he had a quad problem, not sure if that has slowed him down. Was this talk just Palmer trying to motivate Chad 8 5, did he just look good in shorts and t-shirt, or is he really going to turn it on once his quad is better?? Anyone seen him play, have any ideas on him??
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Chris Henry

Postby thejusman1 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:33 pm

I'm giving up hope. Playing behind Ochocinco and Coles, and all of a sudden splitting a WR3 committee with Andre Caldwell? A WR4 on an NFL team is like a WR7/8 on a fantasy team. Pass.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dgan » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:16 pm

Not sure what you expected. I'm in a very deep league, so I was very interested in stashing him away on my bench (17th round). But I didn't expect him to contribute unless/until one of the starters goes down. He was splitting time with Caldwell in training camp as well, so there was no assurance he would get the opportunity even if a starter went down.

If you were expecting him to be contributing to your fantasy team by Week 3, I think you misjudged the situation.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby fantasizing » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:15 pm

If i recall correctly, Palmer did try 1 or 2 deep passes to Henry in the last game. I think for Henry, it's either he gets a long TD bomb or he gets some redzone TDs. That's it. That's very hit or miss every week. One week you'll see 1 catch for 18 yards, and the next week you might see 3 catches for 140 yards and 2 TDs.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:41 am

I think the guy is a great talent but just doesn't get the opportunity. I had to cut him.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:44 am

Azrael wrote:I think the guy is a great talent but just doesn't get the opportunity. I had to cut him.

Or take advantage of his opportunities. He isn't some rook who has to learn route running. He should have known it, learned it, and shown it. I had to bounce Henry off the Hype train.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 am

I'm still on the Chris Henry bandwagon. Caldwell looks like a great fit in the slot, but who's to say Coles is entrenched opposite Ochocinco? Through two games, Coles has 3 catches for 20 yards and 1 TD. Pretty pitiful for a player getting as many snaps as him.

I still think Henry's role gradually expands as the season progresses. The talent is there...the opportunities will come.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby Azrael » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:34 am

Jake it's pitiful that the the bengals have let Coles retain his job this long. Remember that they PAID him to come over and who runs that team (Mike Brown). If Mike Brown says Coles plays because he paid him to play then he plays, whether he looks like crap or not.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:53 am

Azrael wrote:Jake it's pitiful that the the bengals have let Coles retain his job this long. Remember that they PAID him to come over and who runs that team (Mike Brown). If Mike Brown says Coles plays because he paid him to play then he plays, whether he looks like crap or not.

But at the same time wins generate more revenue. Whoever gives your team the best chance to win is going to get onto the field eventually. Not pulling Coles is just going to cost Brown more money (through lost profits) if he continues to play like this.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter

Postby 2ksports » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:07 pm

I would simply keep an eye on him if he's on waivers. If he ever got the opportunity, I think he could get double digit TDs, and you can't say that for many of the receivers out there.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Return to Football Talk