Confused with IDP - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

Confused with IDP

Confused with IDP

Postby tHe.pRoFessionaL » Tue Sep 22, 2009 2:40 pm

Ok so this is my first year playing in an IDP league. I've never not gone to the playoffs and I am 0-2 right now, both weeks I have lost by the difference in IDP score. I would GREATLY appreciate some help from you guys.

I currently have: Jon Beason, Kirk Morrison were the guys I got in the draft.

I have started Jon Beason both weeks in a row and have gotten 9 and 12 respectively. I am not freaking out yet, but I thought this guy was a complete stud in IDP, am I wrong? I failed to start Kirk Morrison last week and he blew up for 26.

Basically my question is this, how do I determine who to start on each respective week - because I am extremely new to the whole IDP game and I don't really get matchups yet and how to determine them. So any and all input I would be very thankful for.

As a PS: here are some of the available WW pickups if you guys think they would be better than the two I have.

Keith Ellison
James Laurinaitis
Justin Durant
Curtis Lofton
Mike Peterson
Larry Foote
tHe.pRoFessionaL
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Confused with IDP

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:06 pm

those are 2 very good IDPs. Beason is just starting off slow and Thomas Davis (his counter part at LB) is snatching up alot of the tackles. Give it some time Beason is a beast, he will start generating some valuable points for you.

Way I look at my IDPs is the exact some way you would for your offense, best matchup. So for your LBs you want to pick a matchup that should produce a fairly good amount of runs against them, I.E. a Minnesota type running first team. For DBs its complete opposite, your looking for a pass first team that way your guys will be involved in more plays, I.E. New Orleans type team. I also take into account the offense that my IDP plays for and look for one of 2 offenses. One would be a terrible offense (why Kirk Morrison is so valuable) because they will see the field a heck of a lot more then a team that the offense grinds out long drive after long drive, thus limiting the action the IDPs see (great in real life football, poor in fantasy ball). The 2nd type offense would be one like New Orleans, where they have a ton of quick hitting plays through the air, thus bringing the defense out onto the field more.

IDPs are fun to play with, but can at times make you pull your hair out because one week they may go for 15 total tackles, 1 sack, 1 fumble recovery and an INT and then the next week go for 2 total tackles and a pass defended. Its just playing the best matchups you can possibly play to give your IDP the most field time to be able to rack up Tackles, Sacks, INTs or Pass Defendeds.

Thats about the best way I can describe how I play IDPs, others may have a different opinion, but quite frankly it comes down to 2 things. 1. the talent level of your IDPs, which equals fulltime PT which you have in Beason and Morrison. 2. how much time the player sees the field, because he can be the best tackler in the league but if take for example last night Miami's D was only out on the field for what just over 15 minutes? Thats going to hurt an IDP's value because they aren't seeing enough plays to get their noses into.

Hope this helps!

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Confused with IDP

Postby WWM » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:52 am

IDP is up and down. Patrick Willis got 9 points last week and 25 the week before. I have Beason as well and hes getting allot of attention from Olines and you need to understand the best LB on a team IDP - wise is the week-side LB ie Thomas Davis. Weakside means one less or two less blockers on that side so they have more room to run so to speak. I concur Beason is just strating slow so DO NOT drop the guy but picking up Durant or Peterson is a good Idea to weather the storm. I picked up T Davis to just that.

be patient and good luck man.
WWM
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Return to IDP