Kirk Morrison LB
Roman Harper S
coltsrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Doin a little IDP overhaull

Postby bazzy_51 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:18 pm

So basically dropping D'Qwell Jackson for Lance Briggs and also dropping Yeremiah Bell for Roman Harper?

I actually liked your roster of IDP's better from the beginning. I'll start with Jackson:

Cleveland's offense is below average at best and will face a lot of 3 and outs and turnovers this year, which in turn means that the Cleveland D will be out on the field more. Thus giving the Brown's IDP's more chances at plays. You are also looking at a guy who has posted back to back 100+ total tackle years, with 150+ last year, and three sacks and four INTs over that same 2 year stretch. Jackson and Barton are the main men inside for Cleveland and with big Shaun Rodgers clogging the middle they are just Hawks waiting for anything coming through that line.

As for Briggs, I'm not so confident in now that Urlacher is gone for the year. Believe it or not Urlacher helps pad Briggs' stats much more then most people think. Think about this, Urlacher in the middle what are the odds of them trying to stuff the ball up the middle off the centers butt with him in there? Slim, thus forcing a lot of teams to run to the outsides on sweeps and such, which plays right into Briggs' outside linebacker slot. Briggs' also is now taking over the 'quarterbacking' of the defense with Urlacher out, which buts that much more pressure on him. Not saying that Briggs' isn't an outstanding LB or IDP, but I just think over a season that Jackson would have been more beneficial for you fantasy wise.

Then Bell compared to Harper. Not much of a difference I just personally think that Bell is also inline for more total (and solo for that matter) tackles then Harper. The only benefit I could see getting Harper over Bell is the same difference that makes Jackson more valuable, field time. The Saints high powered offense scores a ton and very quickly, thus giving more field time for Harper to make plays. Only downside (and neither have really shown this ability but...) with Harper is that Sharper will hawk all the INTs in the Saints secondary. He did it twice last week, and I think Bell has a legit shot to pick off 3-4 balls at least this year with a younger more athletic Phins secondary.

Overall I still think you can win with this IDP, because there are some outstanding players on it. I just think that you could have waited another week to see how Briggs handles the new role in Chicago, vs. Jackson's in Cleveland.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby coltsrock » Tue Sep 22, 2009 9:46 pm

well its not official yet, sorry
shouldve posted that. Bold things are my planned updates but only reason i havent been liking jackson so far because of his lackluster performances in week 1/2 but i suppose i can wait another week since Morrison has had 10 and 9 tackles. And Bell has been pretty decent but i was hoping for a little more. Should i maybe look for a CB instead of a S? Or just stay with bell?
coltsrock
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby WWM » Fri Sep 25, 2009 6:45 am

Justin Durant , Jax, Thomas Davis , Carolina? if either are available scoop em up!
WWM
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Homer J » Sat Sep 26, 2009 7:09 pm

Can you post your scoring rules for IDP? That would help determine value...
Homer J
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Return to IDP