Dont Lose Hope, Stick to Your Guns! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dont Lose Hope, Stick to Your Guns!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dont Lose Hope, Stick to Your Guns!

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:06 am

in Fantasy Football, its so easy to fall behind early in the standings and theres such little room for error. With that said, its hard to stick with ur underperforming guys, even though you were 'positive' they were destined for a huge season. Im not talking about the Matt Fortes/Anquan Boldins or even the Darren McFaddens/TJ Houshes, im talking about the Beanie Wells, the Knowshon Morenos, the Rashard Mendenhalls, and the Greg Olsens. You know, those fringe guys who u swore up and down would emerge in a cloudy backfield or become a major receiving threat on a team hungry for a star receiver. Its so easy to dump them for some hot new WW guy but my message to u is simple, stick with your gut, itll pay off if your confident in your preseason predictions. For example, last season, i was really high on DeAngelo Williams preseason and I drafted him in all my leagues with high hopes, only to have him come stumbling outta the gate with 4 consecutive mediocre/bad performances. In a couple leagues, i lost faith and in a couple i didnt, needless to say i won the leagues where i didnt lost faith but the point is that i was kicking myself for letting go of my beliefs and my gut feeling just bc of a few bad weeks. Its a very long season and there are many matchups and favorable head to head stats you can pick apart for days but your gut feeling will always prevail if you know your stuff so stick with that, no matter what, and let fate decide who wins and loses! Goodluck!

just some food for thought!
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Dont Lose Hope, Stick to Your Guns!

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:54 am

NYMetsIn2k4 wrote:in Fantasy Football, its so easy to fall behind early in the standings and theres such little room for error. With that said, its hard to stick with ur underperforming guys, even though you were 'positive' they were destined for a huge season. Im not talking about the Matt Fortes/Anquan Boldins or even the Darren McFaddens/TJ Houshes, im talking about the Beanie Wells, the Knowshon Morenos, the Rashard Mendenhalls, and the Greg Olsens. You know, those fringe guys who u swore up and down would emerge in a cloudy backfield or become a major receiving threat on a team hungry for a star receiver. Its so easy to dump them for some hot new WW guy but my message to u is simple, stick with your gut, itll pay off if your confident in your preseason predictions. For example, last season, i was really high on DeAngelo Williams preseason and I drafted him in all my leagues with high hopes, only to have him come stumbling outta the gate with 4 consecutive mediocre/bad performances. In a couple leagues, i lost faith and in a couple i didnt, needless to say i won the leagues where i didnt lost faith but the point is that i was kicking myself for letting go of my beliefs and my gut feeling just bc of a few bad weeks. Its a very long season and there are many matchups and favorable head to head stats you can pick apart for days but your gut feeling will always prevail if you know your stuff so stick with that, no matter what, and let fate decide who wins and loses! Goodluck!

just some food for thought!

i needed TE help so i traded him for Zach Miller in like week 3 or 4 :~( the funny part was i tried moving him for Scheffler and that owner told me he "didnt want my crappy backup RB"
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk