Not a Trade question, more of did I miss something? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Not a Trade question, more of did I miss something?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Not a Trade question, more of did I miss something?

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:45 pm

So I log into my 16 team points based keeper league yesterday evening to find a trade proposal waiting for me. When I opened it my heart started pumping and my jaw dropped open. Sitting there on the table awaiting me to click the accept offer button was this deal:

I Give Up:
Roy Williams (WR-DAL) - Basically my WR1 after couple good performances
Aaron Brown (RB-DET) - Starting RB2 simply because I drafted like an idiot and took Greene over McCoy, luckily this league counts RET Yards
Dustin Keller (TE-NYJ) - Starting TE for me, tremendous upside.
Robert Meachem (WR-NO) - Flex rotator, good for receiving yards but also return yards

I Get In Return:
Greg Jennings (WR-GB)
LenDale White (RB-TEN)
Larry Johnson (RB-KC)

Now I do have to say this is a league that has been around for a long time, this year enters the 12th year. It is HIGHLY competitive with deep rosters there is NOTHING left on the WW/FA list, and again the managers in here know what they are doing, or so I thought?

My Roster:
QB-Brady
WR-Williams (Jennings after the deal)
WR-Braylon Edwards
RB-Joseph Addai
RB-Aaron Brown (LenDale White after the deal)
TE-Dustin Keller (will rotate Jermichael Finely and Shawn Nelson)
W/T-Jerricho Cotchery
W/R-Kevin Walter
W/R-Robert Meachem (Larry Johnson after the deal)
BN-Jermichael Finely, Shawn Nelson, Shonn Greene, Joey Galloway, Marc Bulger, Bobby Wade, Michael Vick

His Squad:
QB-Seneca Wallace
WR-Anquan Boldin
WR-Jennings (now has Meachem here)
RB-Clifton Smith
RB-LenDale White (now has Aaron Brown here)
TE-Kellen Winslow (now has Dustin Keller here)
W/T-Chansi Stuckey
W/R-Kelley Washington
W/R-Larry Johnson (now has Roy Williams here)
BN-Big Ben, Winslow, Leftwich, Knox, Martellus Bennett, Chris Henry

After this week it will tell me more about which 2 I will cut out of Finely or Nelson and Bulger or Vick.

But seriously did I totally miss something in this deal? The only thing I can see is he wanted guys that had big return yards, Clifton Smith-244, Brown-276, Meachem-148. League scoring is all weird so I figured I would just post it quick. Again I'm not looking for trade advice as I already accepted this deal, and in this league there is no trade review it just goes right through. Scoring:

Offense
Passing Yards 40 yards per point
Passing Touchdowns 6
Interceptions -1
Sacks -0.5
Rushing Yards 10 yards per point
Rushing Touchdowns 6
Receptions 1
Reception Yards 25 yards per point
Reception Touchdowns 6
Return Yards 25 yards per point
Return Touchdowns 6
2-Point Conversions 2
Fumbles 0
Fumbles Lost -1
Offensive Fumble Return TD 6

Can anyone try to help me make sense of this deal? I'm not complaining because I think its a hell of a steal, but trying to see if anyone else can figure out the logic of trading a top 5 WR in a keeper league, LenDale is bound to bounce back and score some TDs, and LJ hasn't looked THAT bad thus far, and I believe still has the skill to get it done. Plus its a 16 team league with deep rosters so that makes the bigger players that much more valuable. Anyone?

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Not a Trade question, more of did I miss something?

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:15 pm

bazzy looks like you scored big time here. You mentioned the return yard situation with the players you gave up so maybe that guy was simply looking at that side of the deal. Genning's goose egg and Lendale's underwhelming play even for his ADP has probably scared him. LJ looked good last week but that was against OAK. I'd say all in all he simply lost faith in some of his players and you lucked out becuase of it. Boy, no one offers me trades, I feel like I do all the offering. :-t
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk