Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:59 pm

Wah, if the retire or not to retire series wasn't enough the he fires back at the Jets with the 'I was injured worse then they lead on.' So the NFL looks into it fines the hell out of the Jets, now this... Seriously Favre, SHUT UP and play football, win something have fun doing it, but keep your mouth and then quietly and forever retire yourself before your diehard fans turn on you after most everyone else already has. This was just funny to see:

EDEN PRAIRIE, Minn. (AP) - Brett Favre said Wednesday he believes the fines handed down by the NFL for his absence from last year's New York Jets injury reports were "very unfair."

Favre was asked by reporters for the first time about the $125,000 in penalties levied on the Jets organization ($75,000), general manager Mike Tannenbaum ($25,000), and former head coach Eric Mangini ($25,000).

"I just think it's wrong," Favre said. "They did everything that I felt they were supposed to."

Favre earlier this month revealed the process he and the Jets went through in assessing the health of his throwing arm last December. He played through a torn biceps tendon, and his performance suffered. The NFL investigated and announced the fines last week for Mangini's failure to list Favre on the injury report.

Favre said he discussed his condition with the Jets last year because he wanted the team to know he wasn't at his best.

"I felt like maybe there were some throws where I could've played better because of this injury," Favre said. "I just wanted to let them know that. I never asked them to put me on the injury report. I can't tell you how many times I probably should've been on the injury report. I practiced. I played. I knew I was going to play.

"I wanted them to know that I wasn't too proud to play just to play."

Favre said he told Tannenbaum and Mangini, who now coaches the Browns, that he was sorry about the way the season went sour. Favre led the Jets to an 8-3 start and first place in the AFC East, but he threw nine interceptions down the stretch and the team lost four of its last five games to miss the playoffs.

Favre retired, was released by the Jets, then came back for a second time to join the Vikings.

The NFL has stepped up policing of the injury report, and the penalties for the Jets were an opportunity for the league to stress the importance of following the rules. Tannenbaum acknowledged recently that Favre should have been listed as "probable" down the stretch.

Favre last week set what the NFL believes to be the all-time record for consecutive games started, with 271. He hurt both hands in that game against the Detroit Lions, including the nail on his right thumb being bent all the way back.

"It doesn't feel good, but that was it," Favre said. "It was a pretty good shot I took, but that was it."

Link:

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/12253003

What an Idiot. First you come out publicly saying the Jets were wrong, so the NFL cracks the whip on them. Then when the hammer comes down on the Jets you turn around and basically bash the NFL publicly? I take it Favre just doesn't want friends anymore, what was it the hate mail from the NY fans or the hate from every other fan for you ONCE AGAIN going back on your word, kind of like the whole retirement thing? He is becoming more and more of a joke by the day, and the once undoubtedly top QB of my time has now sank about as low, as someone who has broken all the records as he has in his career, as they can.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Postby biju » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:18 pm

How is this Favre going back on his word? :-?

I think the presidential elections have turned "flip-flopping" into something people despise with the utmost of venom. It's the weirdest thing because I know I *often* change my mind and opinion on things. Heck, it's why I've hit the waiver wire within the first few weeks of the NFL season.

:-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:37 pm

Just shut up and play this season, then retire. Every time I hear your name I want to go to the nearest restroom and puke my brains out.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby Guru13 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:50 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:Just shut up and play this season, then retire. Every time I hear your name I want to go to the nearest restroom and puke my brains out.

Who Favre or Bazzy?

:-b Please everyone, don't get angry. I like to joke.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby kickureface » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:03 pm

much ado about nothing here.

he's just telling what he knows/what he thinks.
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Nfl Fan » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:42 pm

Um, BFD. ;-7

This is a thread for Favre haters to rant about Favre. The dude is great and he's playing football. Everybody needs to pull their skirts up and realize that it's not personal to you, the Favre hating fan. He just wants to play; the Jets did something wrong; and from what I read, Favre doesn't agree with the fines.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:43 pm

biju wrote:How is this Favre going back on his word? :-?

I think the presidential elections have turned "flip-flopping" into something people despise with the utmost of venom. It's the weirdest thing because I know I *often* change my mind and opinion on things. Heck, it's why I've hit the waiver wire within the first few weeks of the NFL season.

:-D

Quite frankly I think its a little more then 'flip-flopping'. Knowing that if he said something now that the Jets would get in trouble, don't tell me he didn't know that, and even if the Jets were wrong ok. But then once the NFL punishes the Jets organization he comes out with a quote saying 'its very unfair', trying to look like a good guy.

I'm just soooooooo sick of hearing about Brett Favre I could puke. Worst part about it is that he thinks its just a game, seen the new Sears commercial? Him standing there trying to decide on a TV totally poking fun at the whole retirement, non-retirement crap, and making money off it to boot. HES nothing but a joke, not his situation, but him. :-P

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:46 pm

Nfl Fan wrote:Um, BFD. ;-7

This is a thread for Favre haters to rant about Favre. The dude is great and he's playing football. Everybody needs to pull their skirts up and realize that it's not personal to you, the Favre hating fan. He just wants to play; the Jets did something wrong; and from what I read, Favre doesn't agree with the fines.

Dude your a fairy lover anyways so of course your gonna love Favre :-b Just take a look at your Avatar and Sig, it tells the whole story, the Ducks change outfits more then a Miss American Pageant. :-D :-D

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 10:54 pm

14 oz. Heavyweight Denim. Stonewashed finish. Relaxed fit. Satisfaction Guaranteed.

Wrangler.

Real. Comfortable Jeans.

Brett Favre for Wrangler.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:16 pm

I don't see how he went back on his word?

I'm sick of all the Farve hating, the man is a competitor, he still wants to play they game, so if he is given the chance by a NFL who the hell are you to tell him to hang them up?

Also, how can you get worked up about a commercial? You think he is unaware of he is retired/unretired a couple times? No...why the hell not poke fun at it? He didn't hurt anyone...he isn't poking fun at 9/11, or the Holocaust, or AIDS in African. The man is poking fun at himself and a game!
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Next

Return to Football Talk