Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Postby kickureface » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:26 pm

you're getting too worked up over nothing. he wants to play so he plays. he isn't actively trying to get back at others...
he does a commercial for fun. he's a light hearted guy and can laugh at himself. otherwise, would he do such a commercial if he thinks it tarnishes his career?
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby aaawall91 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:27 pm

kickureface wrote:you're getting too worked up over nothing. he wants to play so he plays. he isn't actively trying to get back at others...
he does a commercial for fun. he's a light hearted guy and can laugh at himself. otherwise, would he do such a commercial if he thinks it tarnishes his career?

echo echo (echo echo)

lol ;-D
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bazzy_51 » Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:33 pm

aaawall91 wrote:I don't see how he went back on his word?

I'm sick of all the Farve hating, the man is a competitor, he still wants to play they game, so if he is given the chance by a NFL who the hell are you to tell him to hang them up?

Also, how can you get worked up about a commercial? You think he is unaware of he is retired/unretired a couple times? No...why the hell not poke fun at it? He didn't hurt anyone...he isn't poking fun at 9/11, or the Holocaust, or AIDS in African. The man is poking fun at himself and a game!

Great comparison there...

Wow I posted this just to post it, and 'we Favre haters' are uptight? You 'Favre's just a competitor' lovers are the ones wound tighter then a 2 day clock over this posting. The only reason this guy is still worth a damn is because of AP. I'm 100% not a Favre hater, I actually support the guy, hes a model for a TRUE tough neck football player. But I'm so sick of story after story about him, thats why I loved Favre cuz he wasn't flashy or glamorous, he just went out there put the women and children to bed and went head hunting. Now hes one every other commercial on Sundays, and every other day there is some story or clip of him running his mouth to the media, thats NOT Favre. I don't care who you are, what you know or what you've seen if you've watched Favre since he came to the Packers this is not him being a media whore.

Yall need to chill out and get all the facts before you jump to conclusions and better yet jump some one and start talking about 9/11 and the Holocaust and AIDS in Africa when relating to Brett Favre. Its ALL ALWAYS in good fun, get the panties out of a bunch....

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:03 am

bazzy_51 wrote:
Nfl Fan wrote:Um, BFD. ;-7

This is a thread for Favre haters to rant about Favre. The dude is great and he's playing football. Everybody needs to pull their skirts up and realize that it's not personal to you, the Favre hating fan. He just wants to play; the Jets did something wrong; and from what I read, Favre doesn't agree with the fines.

Dude your a fairy lover anyways so of course your gonna love Favre :-b Just take a look at your Avatar and Sig, it tells the whole story, the Ducks change outfits more then a Miss American Pageant. :-D :-D

That was mean.
But people who live in glass houses (have a gander at the ghey little dolphin) shouldn't throw stones. ;-) :-*

However. Favre just wants to play ball. Who cares? Why does so much of the world give a rip? The only people who it really affects are the ViQueens, Packers, and people who don't have lives of their own and want to spend much of it caring about what somebody else does with theirs.

Snap! :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby aaawall91 » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:08 am

Lol...well I concede bazzy. Your right, i was the one who was uptight, and totaly out of line. cough. cough...

cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough
cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough cough
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 12:09 am

Heck, I thought this thread was about how wimpy his arm is right now. He looked like a shadow of Trent Dilfer last week vs the scarey D of the Lions. He never went downfield, becuase he lacked the arm strength to do so. Thus tarnishing his gun slinger rep.

The whole Jets injury report garbage.., just place a mic in front of Queen Brett and he will blab for hours.
Besides, the only real story here is why the NFL is so concerned about injury reports that it would fine the Jets because they didn't list a player they knew was going to play? How much different is that than the Pats listing Brady with a arm or shoulder injury for every game during his best years? And why does the NFL care?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby biju » Thu Sep 24, 2009 9:08 am

moochman wrote:Heck, I thought this thread was about how wimpy his arm is right now. He looked like a shadow of Trent Dilfer last week vs the scarey D of the Lions. He never went downfield, becuase he lacked the arm strength to do so. Thus tarnishing his gun slinger rep.

That's like shooting bullets into a corpse. They're already dead meat man, save the ammo for someone else. :-D

moochman wrote:The whole Jets injury report garbage.., just place a mic in front of Queen Brett and he will blab for hours.
Besides, the only real story here is why the NFL is so concerned about injury reports that it would fine the Jets because they didn't list a player they knew was going to play? How much different is that than the Pats listing Brady with a arm or shoulder injury for every game during his best years? And why does the NFL care?

I thought they answered that question in The Last Boyscout? :-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:42 am

biju wrote:
moochman wrote:Heck, I thought this thread was about how wimpy his arm is right now. He looked like a shadow of Trent Dilfer last week vs the scarey D of the Lions. He never went downfield, becuase he lacked the arm strength to do so. Thus tarnishing his gun slinger rep.

That's like shooting bullets into a corpse. They're already dead meat man, save the ammo for someone else. :-D

moochman wrote:The whole Jets injury report garbage.., just place a mic in front of Queen Brett and he will blab for hours.

I thought they answered that question in The Last Boyscout? :-D

If you hate the corpse, does it matter how many rounds you fire off? :-b
I have a pretty good idea of why the league demands injury reports. It does bother me that the league poster team Patriots can mis-lead with the Brady injury reports when there was no intention of him sitting and no sign of his injury detracting from his performance. How is that any different than what the Jets did?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby mystykoekaki » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:40 pm

This thread is weak.
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Thu Sep 24, 2009 11:51 pm

moochman wrote:Queen Brett

Is that Brett in your sig? ;-7 :-b :-B ;-) :-/

I'm tired of some of the Favre drama, but I don't think any of this is "tarnishing his career". He could never throw another TD and he's still a lock 1st ballot HOFer. He's the toughest QB I've ever seen & I'm pretty old...I've seen a lot of QB's play. :-B His record of consecutive games played is IMO the most amazing record ever (in any sport). To start that many consecutive games as a QB is just mind-boggling. I saw an article that said 212 other QB's have made starts in the NFL since Brett's 1st game of his consective streak. That's insane! He has had the record for consecutive starts as a QB for a long time. Last week he broke the record for consecutive starts at ANY position. 8-o Unreal...just unreal. I won't miss some of the Favre drama, but I for one will miss seeing #4 play when he finally does retire for good. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk