Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Favre, Tarnishing that career by the minute...

Postby Mello » Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:19 am

I don't care about the injury and the Jets. Doesn't effect what I think about him. Favre tarnished his career when he joined the Vikings after spending years with the Packers. I can't imagine how a Packers' fan must feel when they see him in that jersey.
Mello
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:52 am

Mello wrote:Favre tarnished his career when he joined the Vikings after spending years with the Packers

Bingo.

[sarcasm]Also, after reading this article in the Bergen Record paper in Jersey, makes me like Brett even more.[/sarcasm]
(I recommend reading this article, it might be one of the best written articles I have ever read)
http://www.northjersey.com/sports/pro_s ... l?page=all
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 12:57 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:[sarcasm]Also, after reading this article in the Bergen Record paper in Jersey, makes me like Brett even more.[/sarcasm]
(I recommend reading this article, it might be one of the best written articles I have ever read)

That would have been a great article if it were written last year, when the Jets decided to take Favre on. The writer abuses hindsight in a bitter attempt to reconstruct history. It was pretty evident that there was a high probability that Favre was using his stay on Broadway as a weigh station until he could go to Minnesota, not a cleverly disguised trick by an evil genius QB. The Jets knew the risks.
As for Favre having the same impact on the Jets as Browning Nagle? C'Mon. As I recall, the Jets were 8-3 with Favre before his injury and stubborness by the coaching staff and front office to sit him led to a 1-4 finish.
Nice read, but not to be taken too seriously. Why doesn't he get caught up in how well the team is doing right now? If Favre hadn't retired (so he could dump the Jets for the Vikes) you may have a limp-armed artifact at QB instead of a promising young arm that could lead you into the next decade?

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:19 pm

moochman wrote:
Dawinner127 wrote:[sarcasm]Also, after reading this article in the Bergen Record paper in Jersey, makes me like Brett even more.[/sarcasm]

That would have been a great article if it were written last year, when the Jets decided to take Favre on. The writer abuses hindsight in a bitter attempt to reconstruct history. It was pretty evident that there was a high probability that Favre was using his stay on Broadway as a weigh station until he could go to Minnesota, not a cleverly disguised trick by an evil genius QB. The Jets knew the risks.
As for Favre having the same impact on the Jets as Browning Nagle? C'Mon. As I recall, the Jets were 8-3 with Favre before his injury and stubborness by the coaching staff and front office to sit him led to a 1-4 finish.
Nice read, but not to be taken too seriously. Why doesn't he get caught up in how well the team is doing right now? If Favre hadn't retired (so he could dump the Jets for the Vikes) you may have a limp-armed artifact at QB instead of a promising young arm that could lead you into the next decade?

Well the article was written before the season started. I think the day when Favre started training camp with the Vikings, so it would be pretty hard for him write about what's going on right now, unless he knew the future :-*
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Fri Sep 25, 2009 5:28 pm

Dawinner127 wrote:
moochman wrote:

Well the article was written before the season started. I think the day when Favre started training camp with the Vikings, so it would be pretty hard for him write about what's going on right now, unless he knew the future :-*

Right, but rather than spend time whining about Favre he could have cheered the new coaching staff, draft, etc. Look, I am as cynical as most but Favre did nothing surprising last season. Retire or not to retire, ckeck. Throw big TD game, check. Throw big INT game, check. Get injured, but play through it, check. Be selfish enough to play through injury even if it hurt his team, check. Retire, check. Hey, I am not familiar with that writer, maybe that is how he writes, and it wasn't bad, just late.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Previous

Return to Football Talk