help with DB's - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to IDP

help with DB's

help with DB's

Postby Twotoe » Wed Sep 23, 2009 9:47 pm

I'm pretty new to the IDP thing and was looking for some help with DB's.

I used Delmas as a fill in for polamalu last week, but feel I can do better

who is the better pick up:
Donte Whitner
Charles Woodson
Bryan Scott
Sabby Piscatelli
Bryan Dawkins
Antoine Bethea
Roy Williams

I'm leaning towards Whitner and feel like he should get a lot of work this week.

also, in general what stats should I be looking at most. I've been trying to follow tackle totals since those seem like the most consistent source of points. Is that a good strategy?

(if this belongs in another forum I'm sorry)
Twotoe
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: help with DB's

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:16 am

Twotoe wrote:I'm pretty new to the IDP thing and was looking for some help with DB's.

Donte Whitner
Charles Woodson
Bryan Scott
Sabby Piscatelli
Bryan Dawkins
Antoine Bethea
Roy Williams

I'm leaning towards Whitner and feel like he should get a lot of work this week.

also, in general what stats should I be looking at most. I've been trying to follow tackle totals since those seem like the most consistent source of points. Is that a good strategy?

You have the right forum! ;-D

The stats to look at depend on your league scoring. In most leagues that have IDP's, you are correct in that tackle totals are usually the thing to watch. INT's are also a good thing to watch for DB's. I was going to say that I'd probably go with one of the top 4 that you listed...until I saw this on FBG:

FBG wrote:Prime Cut (Great matchup, strong sleeper)

•Bryan Scott, Buffalo Bills: Scott has literally come out of nowhere to become a fantasy force at safety. Scott has 11/8 to go along with an interception and a couple of passes defended. He is another player with average talent who is taking advantage of a great situation. He is benefiting from the absence of starting MLB Paul Posluszny and is taking advantage of the increase in tackle opportunities. This week Scott faces the pass happy Saints, a team that has allowed huge games to strong safeties in the first two weeks. In week one, journeyman Lions' safety Marquand Manuel had seven solos and last week Eagles' safety Quintin Mikell had 11 solos. Scott should be in all lineups this week.

Obviously Whitner is the other Bills S, so he could have a big game too. But after 2 weeks Scott has better fantasy numbers than Whitner. I'd go with Scott, but I couldn't blame you for going with Whitner, Piscitelli (could get a lot of tackles in run support vs the Giants running game), or Woodson (Rams O has been horrid). Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Re: help with DB's

Postby lacunacoiler » Fri Sep 25, 2009 1:20 am

Twotoe wrote:I'm pretty new to the IDP thing and was looking for some help with DB's.

Donte Whitner
Charles Woodson
Bryan Scott
Sabby Piscatelli
Bryan Dawkins
Antoine Bethea
Roy Williams

for this week, for me it would either be bryan cott, donte whitner, & roman harper.. i like this 3 guys coz i can smell that the NOvsBUF game will liekly be a high scoring air-it-out game.. and if its gonna be an air show, it means that the db's from both teams, particularly the safeties, will get alot of chances to get tackles & pass deflections.. those alone will likely net you alot of pts depending on your league's settings..

if you can only pick one from the 3 i mentioned, i would recommend harper coz i believe he will leikly get alot of tackles if BUF plays the short to medium passing game to fred jackson... bryan scott is my next choice, then whitner..

beware choosing woodson though.. he may had a great game a week ago, but i doubt he will repeat it again...

Sabby Piscatelli is also another interesting pick though since he may be a solid idp producer since the bucs are susceptible against the pass.. but i doubt that the NYG will air it out this week just like they did against DAL.. im guessing they will likely do a smashmouth running game gameplan to give jacobs & bradshaw some momentum, which means TB's db's arent likely to be a high taclke producer for the week..
lacunacoiler
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to IDP