Pile on while you can - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Pile on while you can

Moderator: Football Moderators

Pile on while you can

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Sep 24, 2009 8:06 pm

I've been trying to figure out what's been going on with Tennessee's defense. Last year, they were an elite defense. This year, they're 32nd in pass defense. You can try to argue the loss of DT Albert Haynesworth is the root cause, but I ain't buyin it. It could (likely does) have an impact, but that's not the only reason.

Never heard of MVN before, but here you go-

"[DC Chuck] Cecil's troops are ranked dead-last defending the pass, as opposing receivers have often run wide-open like cheetahs in the wilderness....Why is Chuck having so many problems despite the presence of numerous Pro Bowlers on the Titan D?...Losing Albert hurts, but there is no way your going to convince me that a secondary that consists of Michael Griffin, Chris Hope and Cortland Finnegan should be looking this bad."
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Pile on while you can

Postby dgan » Thu Sep 24, 2009 10:33 pm

I've watched both their games, and it is not an issue with the secondary. They have ZERO pass rush. QBs are sitting back there all day, and they refuse to blitz (which I guess might say something about the coach's confidence in the secondary).

Week 1 wasn't too bad fantasy wise (at least in my league's scoring), but obviously week 2 was bad in any type of scoring. I'm not giving up hope quite yet...I still think they have a good system and can be utilized on a fantasy team with some matchups. Let's see if they can rattle the rookie QB, which Belicheat's depleted defense couldn't, and then re-evaluate.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk