Where The F is Eddie Friggin Royal ????????????? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Where The F is Eddie Friggin Royal ?????????????

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Where The F is Eddie Friggin Royal ?????????????

Postby benb18a » Mon Oct 05, 2009 4:18 pm

I knew I should have kept Mendenhall or Ocho over this chump. Unbelievable. Every piece of his situation going into the season pointed towards him having a good year. Every piece.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby kemper5 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:26 pm

Royal was good because of Cutler...McDaniels mixes it up equal to 5-7 receivers a game.. If not for the Marshall's absolutely unbelievable catch, what kind of game would he have had..Not too good either..I see lots of receivers getting 2-3 catches each and 20-40 yards each for the Broncs. The best Bronco play is their Defense!!..Drop him!
kemper5
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bigh0rt » Mon Oct 05, 2009 6:34 pm

benb18a wrote:I knew I should have kept Mendenhall or Ocho over this chump. Unbelievable. Every piece of his situation going into the season pointed towards him having a good year. Every piece.

Except the piece where Kyle Orton is his Quarterback...
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby urbanbreez » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
benb18a wrote:I knew I should have kept Mendenhall or Ocho over this chump. Unbelievable. Every piece of his situation going into the season pointed towards him having a good year. Every piece.

I'm not sure that explains everything as Orton had 240 passing yards including 2 td passes this week and still Royal was a royal POS.
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby moochman » Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:37 pm

joejlitz wrote:
BEN DOVER wrote:should i drop him for antonio bryant?

I heard he is being sent to the Argonauts for a case of footballs and a pump. You might try to work a similar deal.

The deal fell through when Argonauts equipment manager stopped for a coffee and got a better deal at Tim Hortons.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby kickureface » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:38 pm

Kyle Orton said Wednesday that he has no chemistry issues with Eddie Royal, despite Royal's poor statistics through four weeks.
"I think at some point he is going to break out and have a big game," Orton said. "I think Eddie and I have probably the best rapport with all of our receivers. We would love to get him the ball more." Royal has just eight catches for 58 yards and needs to stay on benches until he turns it around.
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:00 pm

Lol a big game to Orton is Royal getting one catch for 50 yards. How's he going to have a big game when Orton can't make the big plays?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby urbanbreez » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:15 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:Lol a big game to Orton is Royal getting one catch for 50 yards. How's he going to have a big game when Orton can't make the big plays?

Neat little screen plays or reverse handoffs.
urbanbreez
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Eagle Eye

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:26 pm

urbanbreez wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:

I'm not sure that explains everything as Orton had 240 passing yards including 2 td passes this week and still Royal was a royal POS.

One of the radio stations here in Chicago said "Orton is still blessed by the Football Angel flying over his head. It won't be long now before it gets tired or bored and leaves him altogether." He's been the recipient of LUCK and of good defense. Sound familiar? The same thing happened to him and Grossman here in Chicago. 240 and 2 tds is NOT his NORM.

Eddie Royal was great because he had a strong armed QB who liked to try to make things happen... liked to improvise. Like Cutler or hate him, that's part of his whole bag. Orton likes to try to make things happen too. But it comes out floaty and intercepty. He doesn't lose many games per season for a team. But he is NOT the force that makes those teams WIN either. He never has been. Eddie Royal is a problem because he's NOT a monster like Marshall. Eddie needs to be a burner. Eddie is now basically what Devin Hester was last year, as a receiver.

Anyone who thinks that Orton is not a big step down from Cutler in the sense of his FF-significant output will need to revisit this thread later this season. I guarantee it all comes crashing down.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk