DWill going forward? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

DWill going forward?

Moderator: Football Moderators

DWill going forward?

Postby dunbar2007 » Fri Sep 25, 2009 8:27 am

He was mentioned in the longer article but I was curious where people stand on him specifically. He was an absolute stud last year, but Delhomme wasn't playing like he is now and Stewart was injured. Where do people see him going forward?

I'm very skeptical BUT I'm curious if I'm undervaluing him...
dunbar2007
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: DWill going forward?

Postby Azrael » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:21 am

I still like him as a solid No. 1 option. Stewart is playing more than expected but DWill has still scored double digit points the first 2 weeks despite the timeshare and appears to be getting the goal line looks.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Kareighuis » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:32 am

I wasn't that high on DWill, but I'd say he's a weak RB1. That defense isn't as good as last year, meaning the Panthers won't be able to run out the clock, and Delhomme isn't as good as last year.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby jake_twothousandfive » Fri Sep 25, 2009 10:41 am

Azrael wrote:I still like him as a solid No. 1 option. Stewart is playing more than expected but DWill has still scored double digit points the first 2 weeks despite the timeshare and appears to be getting the goal line looks.

I don't think you can really say for sure who's going to get the bulk of the goal line carries. Both have basically an equal number of carries inside the red zone (6 to 5 in favor of DWill) and the Panthers simply haven't gotten many goal line carry opportunities to this point.

The split looks to be about 60-40 in terms of carries between the two. With Stewart looking so much better than people expecting him to, he's going to continue to get plenty of looks. The Panthers should keep running enough to give both of them good value but you have to knock DWill down a bit given how Stewart has played. I agree with "Kareighuis" that he's a low RB1 option going forward.
jake_twothousandfive
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk