jarobert wrote:So I play in a strange 12 team league that makes scenarios like this possible.
We have an offensive utility spot that can be a quarterback so everyone tries to start 2 quarterbacks.
there are also strict roster rules that specify a manager must carry exactly 2 quarterbacks.
I currently have Palmer and Brady. Wasn't paying attention during draft so they both have week 8 byes. Was going to need to make a trade at some point.
Someone just dropped McNabb.
I could swap them right now but with McNabb out this week that would mean I wouldn't have Palmer this week and my other options for that FLEX spot are not that attractive. Manningham, Julius Jones, Percy Harvin?
Palmer's matchup next week is with Cleveland and the Eagles have a bye. Again making my team less competitive.
So thats 2 weeks without a Quarterback in the FLEX Spot. A big disadvantage.
But after that McNabb's schedule looks favorable for a few weeks and i solve my week 8 bye issue.
Plus I think overall McNabb will just be the better fantasy QB. But thats debatable.
If I wait there is a solid chance that I won't be able to get him..
This is making my brain hurt. Thoughts.
This is a toughy.
As of now, you have 2 high quality options at QB/Flex in Brady & Palmer.
McNabb is stitting there which would solve your week 8 headache.
Picking up McNabb now would screw you for the next 2 weeks ath the minimum.
Anybody else picking up McNabb would screw them for the next 2 weeks at the minimum.
If somebody picks up McNabb, with the roster requirements, they have to drop a QB.
In this case, I would hold off anything until next week. I understand the temptation in McNabb - I love him this year.
However, Palmer ain't too shabby in his own right - I don't see him as droppable in any league, but I do see McNabb as an upgrade when he's healthy.
I think I would hold off until next week and if McNabb is still there come Monday (or as soon as you are allowed to dip into the FA pool) I'd reevaluate the situation - losing out week 8 is only 1 week, losing out weeks 3 & 4 is 2 weeks.
I would also explore dealing Palmer (or Brady for that matter) for an upgrade someplace else on your roster for a lesser, more droppable QB, which would make the McNabb situation a little easier to deal with - maybe very difficult to get something done in a hurry this late in the week.viewtopic.php?f=18&t=449870
Last edited by Sex Panther on Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:24 am, edited 1 time in total.