Knowshon Moreno - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Knowshon Moreno

Moderator: Football Moderators

Knowshon Moreno

Postby benb18a » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:41 pm

From the CBS.com fantasy news:

"Knowshon Moreno is a no-show. The Denver Broncos' first-round draft pick remains unsigned early Friday and missed the official start of training camp. He's the first rookie holdout in Denver since running back Tatum Bell showed up late in 2004. Coach Josh McDaniels, commenting on Moreno and fellow rookie holdout Robert Ayers, was not happy. "I think every day that they miss hurts their opportunity to create a role on our team," McDaniels said. "Obviously, they will have a role, but they are missing meetings, installations, walk-throughs, practice time, film study and all that stuff. We are eager to have them here. We are trying as hard as we possibly can to have both of them here as fast as we can. Hopefully, that happens sooner rather than later.""

This, a day or two after I drafted him. Thankfully it was a keeper league, at least. They mention that Jordan, not Buckhalter, took the initial training camp reps as the #1 RB on the squad, in Moreno's stead. If this goes on past the first week of August, it will probably all but render him a backup as the regular season starts. He could also see a decrease in production/potential, like Grant did when whining about getting a big contract based on one-half year of production.

First they run Cutler out of town, then the Marshall issue, and now this? And after getting rid of Shanahan, as a scapegoat for last year's loss to a white-hot Chargers team to knock them out of the playoffs? :-{

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Moreno is a hold out

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:41 pm

Freakin' Denvers season seems to have fallen apart well before the first snap. Me-reno should have found a way to get a deal done. Denver isn't the place where a RB wants to miss practice.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby benb18a » Sat Aug 01, 2009 5:59 pm

Yeah no kidding, he could find himself at 7th on the depth chart when he gets back :-b !+)

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby mrblitz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:39 pm

I understand that there is a business side to these things. But in this case Moreno is probably blowing a chance to be "the man" in Denver.

Call em as I see em!
mrblitz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby irish158 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:13 pm

I agree. I have the 1st pick coming up in my dynasty and this stinks. He has a chance to be fairly productive this year. I also agree if he misses the first week he probably won't start opening week. These guys have to get these deals done.

Any Denver honks have info on this. How close are they?
irish158
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 5:09 am

I think the problem is that most of the 1sr rounders haven't signed and so therefore the market isn't set.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:21 pm

Oakland's deal with Heyward Bey totally screwed up the top half of the draft. Virtually no one is signed outside of the guys at the very top and Orakpo. And Orakpo may not have signed the best deal IMO compared to what some of these other guys will end up getting.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dawinner127 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 4:30 pm

Moreno is just killing himself IMO. This kid has the opportunity to be a stud in Denver and start his rookie season in Denver. Just get the deal done and learn the plays and watch the film.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 71)

Postby joejlitz » Tue Aug 04, 2009 7:12 pm

Running Back in football is the equivalent of First Basemen in baseball. Not much to it. Run right, run left, pitch right, pitch left, counter right, counter left. He'll get in soon and enough and learn the playbook.
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby irish158 » Thu Aug 06, 2009 8:43 pm

Has Wells past him in dynasty formats yet. I know Moreno has more talent, but with this hold out and Denvers obvious problems when is Wells a better option?
irish158
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to Football Talk