Is Moreno THE starting RB for Denver???
RunnaThaMills
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Basketball

Re: What's up with Moreno?

Postby footballfan30107 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:08 pm

I don't know, but I've grabbed Hillis off the WW just in case..

RunnaThaMills wrote:Is Moreno THE starting RB for Denver???
I'm a Patriot Guard Rider and dang proud to be one

"Standing for those who stood for us"..www.patriotguard.org for info

God Bless our troops
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:26 pm

footballfan30107 wrote:I don't know, but I've grabbed Hillis off the WW just in case..

my guess is neither will be THE starter in Denver for at least this week and im guessing even further into the season. Buckhalter will be the RB1 this week and Hillis will also be atop Moreno. Hell Knowshon was just cleared for contact drills only yesterday so there is just about no way he plays this week let alone start. Also with Knowshon's injuries he hasn't been practicing=not learning the offense to the best of his ability which=no starting til mid season. Buckhalter and Hillis will rotate but i still say Correll gets the most touches at least this week of all the backs.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 2ksports » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:49 pm

bazzy_51 wrote:
footballfan30107 wrote:I don't know, but I've grabbed Hillis off the WW just in case..

my guess is neither will be THE starter in Denver for at least this week and im guessing even further into the season. Buckhalter will be the RB1 this week and Hillis will also be atop Moreno. Hell Knowshon was just cleared for contact drills only yesterday so there is just about no way he plays this week let alone start. Also with Knowshon's injuries he hasn't been practicing=not learning the offense to the best of his ability which=no starting til mid season. Buckhalter and Hillis will rotate but i still say Correll gets the most touches at least this week of all the backs.

I wouldn't say he doesn't play at all. I think he'll actually get a few touches.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 12:58 pm

2ksports wrote:
bazzy_51 wrote:

I wouldn't say he doesn't play at all. I think he'll actually get a few touches.

He JUST got into contact drills yesterday, if he touches the ball it may be 2-5 touches MAX. Denver has already said they aren't going to rush him into PT. Due to injuries they want to make sure hes fully healthy, 2nd he still doesn't know the whole offensive playbook running at full speed and most of all the 3rd point is that with Denver's zone blocking scheme truly any RB could be a RB1 in that offense. Buckhalter, Hillis and even Jordan are more then capable options to carry the load until Moreno is fully healthy and fully up to speed in pads and in that offense. Again if Knowshon gets more then 5 touches week 1 i will be VERY surprised.

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby footballfan30107 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 1:09 pm

I've plugged Hillis in and plan on using him. According to what I've been reading, he's gonna be their goal line guy anyway, whether or not moreno is the starter, and I remember reading on yahoo, although I now can't find the article, that hillis will be the most added player next week off the ww..
I'm a Patriot Guard Rider and dang proud to be one

"Standing for those who stood for us"..www.patriotguard.org for info

God Bless our troops
footballfan30107
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Moreno

Postby ryno486 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:38 am

Moreno
Knowshon Moreno (groin) and Brandon Stokley (thigh) were late additions to the Broncos' injury report Friday. Neither practiced, and both are listed as questionable to face the Raiders on Sunday.
They're game-time decisions. Moreno's role grew substantially in Week 2, while Stokley is Denver's leading receiver. However, they'll both be hard to wait on in fantasy because the Raiders-Broncos game isn't until 4:15ET. Apparently less than 100 percent, Moreno is best left benched in Week 3. Sep. 25 - 5:03 pm et

Source: Denver Post
ryno486
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: Moreno

Postby chchelse » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:53 am

Like I said in another post, being added to the injury report or down-graded on the injury report, on Friday, is always a bad sign. Buckhalter might be a sneaky-good play this weekend. I would not be surprised if Moreno was inactive on Sunday. If so, I might roll with Buckhalter over P. Thomas this weekend...
chchelse
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Re: Moreno

Postby higgs » Sat Sep 26, 2009 11:44 am

And I just scooped up Buckhalter from the WW 2 days ago. This could be huge news...
higgs
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Knowshon Moreno

Postby 2ksports » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:14 pm

Questionable game time decision
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)