Manning or Garcia? Antwain Smith or Travis Henry - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Manning or Garcia? Antwain Smith or Travis Henry

Moderator: Football Moderators

Manning or Garcia? Antwain Smith or Travis Henry

Postby D_S » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:17 am

I hope I made the right decisions. I picked 14-15 in a 14 team league. I chose Dillon and since most other stud RBs were gone, I chose Manning over Garcia. I mulled over that decision. On the 3-4 picks, I chose Kevin Johnson and Antwain Smith over Henry. Ive been burned with 1 year wonders though, as I had Lamar Smith on my team last year. Feedback please.. Thx
D_S

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby Major Damage » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:55 am

I would have choosen Garcia over Manning. Here is why...Garcia is in the same system and they will probably only get better. Owens and coach have burried the hatchette. Things should be hummin over there. Dungy, the new coach, is a D and Run guy. Another words he likes a strong D and to shove it down your throat. Good for E. James owners. Manning will still put up some good numbers, but he has the potential to loose a few TD's due to this, while Garcia will not.

A. Smith or T. Henry, tough call. A. Smith has done a one year wonder before. When he was at buffalo, I know I drafted him after a great rookie year! DOH! I personally think T. Henry has a great potential for a breakout year because they have a QB who will take DB's and put them in their place. Meaning T. Henry doesn't have to run through Ft Line, LB's and DB's. BUT, you cannot ignore what A. Smith did last year either AND he gets back the SAME QB. Great up side their as well.

I think this choice is good either way. But I would have gone Garcia for QB. Good luck.
Major Damage

Disagree.

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:29 am

I think the Manning will put up much bigger numbers this year than last. The reason...he's got the Edge. You can't deny that having an explosive, scarry runningback makes your QB job easier. Dungy is a defensive coach, but he kept the Offensive Coordinator from last year's Colts. I expect them to be much more explosive with a healthy Edge and a more solid defense giving them good field position.

Garcia is a solid QB who has two good running backs behind him (K. Barlow and G. Hearst), and still has the best receiver in football last year, Terrell Owens. I think his numbers this year may be a little lower than Mannings only because his receiving corps behind Owens is a little thin.

I think that Travis Henry is going to have a breakthrough season as well. Antowain Smith is a great RB, but if I had to choose between the two, I would say Henry is the way to go. Bledsoe is going to make this offense much better. Henry included.

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby pegsoc7 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 11:02 am

you made the right pick going with manning. i think everyone has forgotten on thing here. it's not that he has the edge back, but he has a new number 2 guy. Qadry Ismail. this guy has beena decent number 1 for a few years now and that only makes manning's firepower that much more powerful. think about it, harrison, james, pollard, ismail, and an emerging reggie wayne. they're loaded. look out!
pegsoc7

Return to Football Talk