CBS Sportsline question.....anyone? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

CBS Sportsline question.....anyone?

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS Sportsline question.....anyone?

Postby bryan1327 » Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:18 pm

Not even sure if this is the right forum to ask, but here goes anyway..

A team accepted a trade on Saturday morning at 12:19 pm. It takes two days for the trade to work thru with no vetoes. If no vetoes are given will those players involved be able to be put in for their new teams in time for the Monday Night game,on the 9/28/09 deadline, or will they be locked on the old teams till next week? Both players are involved in the Monday night game.

I am comish of this league and have been trying to find an answer for this question..I tend to think that they will be locked on the old teams till next week games..but am not sure..any one can help me out?...

Thanks..
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: CBS Sportsline question.....anyone?

Postby PuntinFool » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:25 pm

Is there a Veto Deadline for this trade? In baseball every trade had one so that by midnight of the Veto Deadline, all vetoes were tallied and a trade was either put through or canceled. Depending on your league setting, this trade time could be a day, 2 days, or longer. Check the setting in your Commissioner Tools.

I also would imagine that the trade won't take effect until next week, but it really is up to your league settings. Also, definitely send a note to the CBS support people there by clicking on Help and going to Mail Center. They usually answer questions quickly but, of course, be wary of the stock reply. Write clearly and follow up soon if they write back.
Retired (temporarily?) from fantasy football.
PuntinFool
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: CBS Sportsline question.....anyone?

Postby bryan1327 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 10:53 pm

Thanks...

I did do the CBS help thing the other night and got an answer back from them late this morn...

Here is what i wrote..

A team accepted a trade on Saturday morning at 12:19 pm. It takes two days for the trade to work thru with no vetoes. If no vetoes are given will those players involved be able to be put in for their new teams in time for the Monday Night game,on the 9/28/09 deadline, or will they be locked on the old teams till next week?

Here is what they answered back...

The trade will go through, but the players involved will not be placed on the rosters until the following scoring period.

The one owner is just not very happy about it because he traded for Delhomme, playing Monday night, due to Hasselbeck and Mcnabb being hurt and both out. In our league the WW does not open till after the third week in the season, making the draft more important. The true problem lies in that he put the trade on the table Tues or Wed, giving both teams ample time if it was accepted right then for the players to switch teams for this week. But the other owner did not accept it till Saturday afternoon..Live and learn on this one..
"I am a shining example of what you never wanna be" TESLA '04
bryan1327
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 1)

Return to Commissioner's Corner