Forte: Buy-Low or Bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:59 pm

What does buy low mean? Does it mean giving Ray Rice for this guy? b/c I certainly would, or does it mean giving up someone like Ronnie Brown, which I certainly would not, Dophin homerism aside.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby lowdizzy » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:01 pm

Question: I just traded for forte yesterday.

Received: Forte & 2 scrubs

Gave up: Kevin Smith, Cedric Benson, & Donald Driver

I feel like I gave up a little too much but could afford so since I have Adrian Peterson, Steve Smith, Boldin, and Vincent Jackson.

What do you guys think?
lowdizzy
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Kareighuis » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:36 pm

lowdizzy wrote:Question: I just traded for forte yesterday.

I feel like I gave up a little too much but could afford so since I have Adrian Peterson, Steve Smith, Boldin, and Vincent Jackson.

What do you guys think?

Not bad- what're your starting requirements? What scrubs did you get?
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Sep 28, 2009 11:15 pm

lowdizzy wrote:Question: I just traded for forte yesterday.

What do you guys think?

Too much...I think either or both Smith and Benson will out product Forte this year. Smith has been consistent and Benson seems to have put his drunk sailing exploits behind him. Did you see him run over PIT? Benson ran over PIT? Also, your WR core is great but Driver seems to be on pace for another 1000+ yard year again, he could be a great plug n play/flex.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby JeFfReY4 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 6:56 pm

I just traded for Forte and Welker i gave up R Bush B Marshall and Coles for them. Now i have AP and Forte to go with Bolden and Garcon. I love the deal for me witch i think Forte will step it up in the coming weeks
JeFfReY4
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Sep 29, 2009 11:50 pm

JeFfReY4 wrote:I just traded for Forte and Welker i gave up R Bush B Marshall and Coles for them. Now i have AP and Forte to go with Bolden and Garcon. I love the deal for me witch i think Forte will step it up in the coming weeks

^ You see now that deal made sense. You even got a free play on the WW's. I absolutely love giving up 3 for 2, no one is biting on those types of trades though. Nice job.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:28 pm

Is Forte not good to go this week? This from cbssports:

Forte limited with knee injury: The Bears only gave RB Matt Forte limited reps on Wednesday as he deals with a knee injury likely suffered late in Week 3 against the Seahawks. Forte and the Bears will host the Lions in Week 4, a team the running back beat up last year with 192 total yards and a touchdown in each meeting.
(Updated 09/30/2009).

Umm... this is not good. After a disastrous first two weeks, many expected Forte to bust out of his slumber in Week 3. He posted a modest week, but really failed to get the run game going. Now he's got a juicy match-up for Week 4, and he might be limited?!?! If he sees 10-15 carries and the other AP backs him up, what can we expect from him? This is very disconcerting as a Forte owner.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:43 am

thejusman1 wrote:Is Forte not good to go this week? This from cbssports:

Forte limited with knee injury: The Bears only gave RB Matt Forte limited reps on Wednesday as he deals with a knee injury likely suffered late in Week 3 against the Seahawks. Forte and the Bears will host the Lions in Week 4, a team the running back beat up last year with 192 total yards and a touchdown in each meeting.
(Updated 09/30/2009).

Umm... this is not good. After a disastrous first two weeks, many expected Forte to bust out of his slumber in Week 3. He posted a modest week, but really failed to get the run game going. Now he's got a juicy match-up for Week 4, and he might be limited?!?! If he sees 10-15 carries and the other AP backs him up, what can we expect from him? This is very disconcerting as a Forte owner.

Not good at all. I'd been hoping a good week 4 could let me package him off. Now, he and LT might both get tied to my bench due to injuries.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby 2ksports » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:26 am

if he carries < 15 times he's not worth starting based on his career YPC #s, even vs the lions. If there is news he'll be limited, might be good idea to bench him.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Oct 01, 2009 11:41 am

2ksports wrote:if he carries < 15 times he's not worth starting based on his career YPC #s, even vs the lions. If there is news he'll be limited, might be good idea to bench him.

Haha bench Forte vs. the Lions..imagine that. Coming into this season, there were a bunch of people who would've played Forte against the Lions even if he had one good leg for the match up. I'm so glad I wasn't sold on the top sophomore.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk