Forte: Buy-Low or Bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby petedog9 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Just to update: Per Roto

Matt Forte-RB- Bears Oct. 1 - 1:39 pm et

Matt Forte (knee) is expected to return to a full practice Thursday.

Forte was limited on Wednesday because of a minor nick he suffered against the Seahawks Sunday. Forte has a nice matchup against the Lions and a chance to improve on his disgusting 2.6 yards per carry average.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby 2ksports » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 pm

petedog9 wrote:Just to update: Per Roto

Matt Forte-RB- Bears Oct. 1 - 1:39 pm et

Matt Forte (knee) is expected to return to a full practice Thursday.

Forte was limited on Wednesday because of a minor nick he suffered against the Seahawks Sunday. Forte has a nice matchup against the Lions and a chance to improve on his disgusting 2.6 yards per carry average.

Maybe he'll get it back to last year's 3.9, which is still disgusting, but not as disgusting. Anywho, it's the Lions. I'd hope for a big game and then trade him at 1st round value if you can.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am

I'm buying low on him.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby wurmz07 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:I'm buying low on him.

Too late now :-)
wurmz07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 pm

2K? 2K? Haha just kiddin man. But seriously I don't have your quote on hand right now, but I believe it was something to the extent of 'no talent'. Detriot or not I will take that 140 and 2 TDs as a big stepping stone in the confidence column.

I agree its too late to buy low now, I really am glad I hung onto him because again even tho this was against the Lions it was still a dominant performance. But more then that it will be a great stepping stone for future big games. Forte is still 1st round calibre talent in my eyes...

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 pm

As a Forte owner, I'd like to point out that once again - he only had 12 carries, and only 5 in the first half! (He had 2 in the first half last week) WTF? This time, he did something spectacular with 2 of his carries, but they otherwise they could not run the ball and didn't appear to have any desire to try, despite having a somewhat comfortable lead most the second half. It's almost like they got Buzz Cutler Lightyear for Christmas and have thrown Woody Forte under the bed so they can play with their new toy.

I only hope that they get their heads on straight during the bye week, and maybe as the weather gets colder that will help as well. Otherwise, this week's performance will prove to be a fluke - he needs more opportunities.
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

Eagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm

dgan wrote:As a Forte owner, I'd like to point out that once again - he only had 12 carries, and only 5 in the first half! (He had 2 in the first half last week) WTF? This time, he did something spectacular with 2 of his carries, but they otherwise they could not run the ball and didn't appear to have any desire to try, despite having a somewhat comfortable lead most the second half. It's almost like they got Buzz Cutler Lightyear for Christmas and have thrown Woody Forte under the bed so they can play with their new toy.

I only hope that they get their heads on straight during the bye week, and maybe as the weather gets colder that will help as well. Otherwise, this week's performance will prove to be a fluke - he needs more opportunities.

Honestly my man, I am seeing the next Marino's out there right now in Cutler and Rivers. They want to win but they want to lead the win. I don't think the Bears have ever been even a good offensive team but they always ran the ball and fairly well. Now tehy have given up on some of that but even some plays where Forte is the #2 option Cutler forces the ball or look past the #2 to the #3 downfield option. I see the same thing wiht Rivers.

All kinds of records for QB's like this but no rings.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:40 am

The o-line is a LOT better in pass protection at this point. Not sure if it's the 8 man fronts or what but they have so much more success throwing the ball all over the field than running it right now. Lots of the o-lineman are new to each other so the bye week should give them a little extra time to get some work done. The off season pick ups were supposed to help their terrible short yardage game last year but it hasn't worked out yet, they still suck in 3rd and 1.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)

Postby bungle613 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 am

da bears wrote:The o-line is a LOT better in pass protection at this point. Not sure if it's the 8 man fronts or what but they have so much more success throwing the ball all over the field than running it right now. Lots of the o-lineman are new to each other so the bye week should give them a little extra time to get some work done. The off season pick ups were supposed to help their terrible short yardage game last year but it hasn't worked out yet, they still suck in 3rd and 1.

I won't disagree with that but Forte even on passing plays is a great weapon that should be utilized. These guys (Cutler, Rivers) need to learn how to use all there weapons, not just the flashy downfield throws.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:01 pm

He definitely should be more involved in the passing game. They haven't really split him out wide like they did every now and again last year. I really liked what I saw when he would be the single back then go in motion, creates all types of match up problems with all the speed on the outside and Forte's route running ability. You are right about Cutler/Rivers, more so Cutler than Rivers since Gates is a legit threat that should get fed the ball but Forte/LT/Sproles are the teams best weapons and great receivers that aren't getting the ball in space enough. Not many lb's can stick with these guys and not many corners can tackle them one on one.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 14)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk