Forte: Buy-Low or Bust? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby petedog9 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:52 pm

Just to update: Per Roto

Matt Forte-RB- Bears Oct. 1 - 1:39 pm et

Matt Forte (knee) is expected to return to a full practice Thursday.

Forte was limited on Wednesday because of a minor nick he suffered against the Seahawks Sunday. Forte has a nice matchup against the Lions and a chance to improve on his disgusting 2.6 yards per carry average.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 2964
Joined: 7 Nov 2002
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento CA

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby 2ksports » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:27 pm

petedog9 wrote:Just to update: Per Roto

Matt Forte-RB- Bears Oct. 1 - 1:39 pm et

Matt Forte (knee) is expected to return to a full practice Thursday.

Forte was limited on Wednesday because of a minor nick he suffered against the Seahawks Sunday. Forte has a nice matchup against the Lions and a chance to improve on his disgusting 2.6 yards per carry average.


Maybe he'll get it back to last year's 3.9, which is still disgusting, but not as disgusting. Anywho, it's the Lions. I'd hope for a big game and then trade him at 1st round value if you can.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby JakeTrain72 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:51 am

I'm buying low on him.
JakeTrain72
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 339
Joined: 8 Feb 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby wurmz07 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:16 pm

JakeTrain72 wrote:I'm buying low on him.

Too late now :-)
Image
wurmz07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Posts: 293
Joined: 23 Apr 2007
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby bazzy_51 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:32 pm

2K? 2K? Haha just kiddin man. But seriously I don't have your quote on hand right now, but I believe it was something to the extent of 'no talent'. Detriot or not I will take that 140 and 2 TDs as a big stepping stone in the confidence column.

I agree its too late to buy low now, I really am glad I hung onto him because again even tho this was against the Lions it was still a dominant performance. But more then that it will be a great stepping stone for future big games. Forte is still 1st round calibre talent in my eyes...
Image

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1707
Joined: 4 Jul 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby dgan » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:47 pm

As a Forte owner, I'd like to point out that once again - he only had 12 carries, and only 5 in the first half! (He had 2 in the first half last week) WTF? This time, he did something spectacular with 2 of his carries, but they otherwise they could not run the ball and didn't appear to have any desire to try, despite having a somewhat comfortable lead most the second half. It's almost like they got Buzz Cutler Lightyear for Christmas and have thrown Woody Forte under the bed so they can play with their new toy.

I only hope that they get their heads on straight during the bye week, and maybe as the weather gets colder that will help as well. Otherwise, this week's performance will prove to be a fluke - he needs more opportunities.
Image
dgan
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Eagle Eye
Posts: 2941
Joined: 19 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: The frozen tundra of Lambeau Field

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby bungle613 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:59 pm

dgan wrote:As a Forte owner, I'd like to point out that once again - he only had 12 carries, and only 5 in the first half! (He had 2 in the first half last week) WTF? This time, he did something spectacular with 2 of his carries, but they otherwise they could not run the ball and didn't appear to have any desire to try, despite having a somewhat comfortable lead most the second half. It's almost like they got Buzz Cutler Lightyear for Christmas and have thrown Woody Forte under the bed so they can play with their new toy.

I only hope that they get their heads on straight during the bye week, and maybe as the weather gets colder that will help as well. Otherwise, this week's performance will prove to be a fluke - he needs more opportunities.



Honestly my man, I am seeing the next Marino's out there right now in Cutler and Rivers. They want to win but they want to lead the win. I don't think the Bears have ever been even a good offensive team but they always ran the ball and fairly well. Now tehy have given up on some of that but even some plays where Forte is the #2 option Cutler forces the ball or look past the #2 to the #3 downfield option. I see the same thing wiht Rivers.

All kinds of records for QB's like this but no rings.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:40 am

The o-line is a LOT better in pass protection at this point. Not sure if it's the 8 man fronts or what but they have so much more success throwing the ball all over the field than running it right now. Lots of the o-lineman are new to each other so the bye week should give them a little extra time to get some work done. The off season pick ups were supposed to help their terrible short yardage game last year but it hasn't worked out yet, they still suck in 3rd and 1.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1144
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: chicago

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby bungle613 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:25 am

da bears wrote:The o-line is a LOT better in pass protection at this point. Not sure if it's the 8 man fronts or what but they have so much more success throwing the ball all over the field than running it right now. Lots of the o-lineman are new to each other so the bye week should give them a little extra time to get some work done. The off season pick ups were supposed to help their terrible short yardage game last year but it hasn't worked out yet, they still suck in 3rd and 1.


I won't disagree with that but Forte even on passing plays is a great weapon that should be utilized. These guys (Cutler, Rivers) need to learn how to use all there weapons, not just the flashy downfield throws.
Image
Image
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10988
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 31 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: straight ahead, hang a left, look down

Re: Forte: Buy-Low or Bust?

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:01 pm

He definitely should be more involved in the passing game. They haven't really split him out wide like they did every now and again last year. I really liked what I saw when he would be the single back then go in motion, creates all types of match up problems with all the speed on the outside and Forte's route running ability. You are right about Cutler/Rivers, more so Cutler than Rivers since Gates is a legit threat that should get fed the ball but Forte/LT/Sproles are the teams best weapons and great receivers that aren't getting the ball in space enough. Not many lb's can stick with these guys and not many corners can tackle them one on one.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 1144
(Past Year: 14)
Joined: 24 Aug 2006
Home Cafe: Football
Location: chicago

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:26 hours
(and 44 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact