Nate Burelson the Seahawk WR to own. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Nate Burelson the Seahawk WR to own.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Nate Burelson the Seahawk WR to own.

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:42 pm

Burelson is quitely putting together a very nice season up in the Pacific Northwest, I thought theinjury to Hasselbeck was going to ruin him - after watching every snap of the Bears game, I think I was wrong.

Through 3 games, he has been targeted a whopping 33 times, good for 20 catches, 229 yards, 1 TD.

With the signing of Housh, I think the general consensus was he was going to be the guy to own in that offense - after 3 games it's looking like the go to man in Seattle is Burelson.

If he's still available in any league, go get him now.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Nate Burelson the Seahawk WR to own.

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 4:49 pm

Glad I drafted him in all my leagues!

A Fun fact:

Targets to Date:
Burleson: 33 Targets
Housh: 27 Targets
Carlson: 26 Targets
Butler: 5 Targets

Receptions to Date:
Burleson: 20 Receptions
Carlson: 15 Receptions
Housh: 13 Receptions
Butler: 3 Receptions

Yards to Date:
Burleson: 229 Yards
Carlson: 169 Yards
Housh: 145 Yards
Butler: 30 Yards

TDs to Date:
Carlson: 2 TDs
Burleson: 1 TD
Housh: 0 TDs
Butler: 0 TDs

Looks to me also like Burleson is the #1 in Seattle, and so far that the big singing of TJ Housh has turned into a #3 option. Hey not to nit-pick but its Burleson, not Burelson (E before L except in Nate's name, haha i know im retarded) ;-D ;-D

A big thanks to deluxe_247 for the sweet sig!
bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby thejusman1 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm

So if Housh was going around Round #3-4, that makes Burleson the steal of the year, right?
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Dawinner127 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:00 pm

thejusman1 wrote:So if Housh was going around Round #3-4, that makes Burleson the steal of the year, right?

As of right now, it might be so.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:01 pm

thejusman1 wrote:So if Housh was going around Round #3-4, that makes Burleson the steal of the year, right?

It's pretty close between Nate & "the other" Steve Smith at this point IMO.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby da bears » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:46 pm

Good call here on Burleson. This is the first time he's been the 2nd option since he was in Minnesota and had a break out year so I'm a believer in what's happening in Seattle
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Postby 2ksports » Mon Sep 28, 2009 8:01 pm

Burleson has been doing well. What's up with TJ?
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:16 pm

2ksports wrote:Burleson has been doing well. What's up with TJ?

My personal opinion on TJ:

Not a Seattle guru by any means. But I'm now living in Tacoma (bout 20 minutes outside of Seattle) so I get to watch all the Seattle games, yay, not. But anyways, to me it looks like Housh was just overrated. I for one will be the first to admit that I hyped him up, I thought that he would be gold with Hass this year as I thought they meshed perfectly as possession players. Boy so far have a I been wrong. To me it just looks like hes out there just to be out there, and thats about it. Housh is very talented, but at times, well ok I'll be truthful, to me most of the plays it looks like he runs halfa$$ routes and just decides when its good for him to go all out.

Prime example of this, he is considered a very good blocking WR, watching week 2 there was a run play to the opposite of the field as him. He comes off the line and just kind of bumps into the DB, JJ ended up cutting it back across field. Guess who makes the play? The DB that Housh didn't block, had he blocked it would have been sprung for at least another 20-30+ yards, if not a TD with JJs speed.

Add to it the fact that all this hype coming into Seattle you would have thought this guy was superman. A couple of drops and un-run routes later and Burleson is the #1. Watching Hass before he got injured, and now that Wallace is in there, snap of the ball drop back and the eyes are not even going to Housh's side of the field. Burleson has looked like a man possessed this year, and is becoming either QB's best friend because he is catching anything within the vicinity of him.

Housh does have some sort of injury, something with his wrist/hand, as he left the game a couple times yesterday to get it worked on, but came back. There is no way I blame that 'injury' on his performance tho. He is pulling his same old crap, just in a different city this time. The skipping practice because hes 'injured', the drops, the sh!tty route running and one big negative yesterday, the fumble. This may, and I'm really hoping will once Hass returns, turn around and he could end up a legit #2 fantasy WR. With that said tho, I, from what I've seen thus far, don't see that happening anytime soon if it does even happen.

Its just ending week 3, but from what I have seen thus far I have the confidence to say this is a bust depending on where you picked this guy at. More over Housh's effort right now tho, again, is Burleson's opposite end of the spectrum effort. Burleson is THE #1 in Seattle and will continue to be, as long as he stays healthy, he is also a legitimate #2 fantasy WR and potentially a #1. Remember the days back in Minnesota? Your going to see a little more of that here in Seattle with Nate rather then TJ.

Now let the debating/bashing of me begin, but remember anyone watching these Seattle games can in now way disagree with the fact that Housh looks like he 'could careless' and just sluggish/slow...

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bazzy_51 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:20 pm

da bears wrote:Good call here on Burleson. This is the first time he's been the 2nd option since he was in Minnesota and had a break out year so I'm a believer in what's happening in Seattle

He maybe based upon 'talent' around him, I.E. TJ Housh, but on the field he IS the #1 right now. Targets, receptions, yardage and TDs show that fact. Even with Hass in there he was still looking Nate's way 1st, way before he even thought about TJ. I think Burleson is way underrated because of an injury, I remember in Minny this guy was as good as gold and i think hes getting back to, if not already gotten back to that status.

bazzy_51
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Sep 28, 2009 10:00 pm

I snagged him in 3 leagues this year. Love him so far. ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk