Cedric Benson, RB2 the rest of the way. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cedric Benson, RB2 the rest of the way.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Cedric Benson, RB2 the rest of the way.

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:04 pm

I hesitate to annoit this guy a potential fantasy MVP due to his late schedule only because Ronnie Brown and Marshawn Lynch failed so miserably in that role last season. Guy could very well end up leading teams to championships though.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:36 pm

At the very least Benson is proving to be a draft day steal. He is also showing some poor luck or dubiuos judgment of Duh-Bearz FO. They let Jones go for sake of Benson. He tanks while Jones does well in NY, so they dump him for Forte. Now look who is doing well and who is struggling.
Barring injury or the afore mentioned boating incidents :-D I think Benson could carry teams to titles given his schedule after week 10 and that he wasn't even the #1 RB in his own family FFB league. Football is so funny sometimes.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby benb18a » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:40 pm

I'm definitely starting him this week, over Ryan Grant. You would have to be very lucky to NOT be able to start him this week, or very stupid.

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Oct 02, 2009 2:50 pm

I'm afraid that the one week I do actually start him where he's actually expected to be a top 5 back he'll bust.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby fantasizing » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:05 pm

I agree with alll comments made so far, my only concern is that Cincy is going to wear him out. To say he is a workhorse is an understatement. I don't think the coaching staff cares if he carries the ball 40 times a game. I do have a sneaky suspicion that they may ease up the workload on him once Palmer gets into more a groove with his wideouts.
fantasizing
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby 2ksports » Fri Oct 02, 2009 4:21 pm

fantasizing wrote:I agree with alll comments made so far, my only concern is that Cincy is going to wear him out. To say he is a workhorse is an understatement. I don't think the coaching staff cares if he carries the ball 40 times a game. I do have a sneaky suspicion that they may ease up the workload on him once Palmer gets into more a groove with his wideouts.

I think he's still fresh in his career where he can easily go 370+ this year and feel no ill effects.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby benb18a » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:23 pm

SameSongNDance wrote:I'm afraid that the one week I do actually start him where he's actually expected to be a top 5 back he'll bust.

I was actually thinking the same exact thing, going into this week. It seems like whenever something is too good to be true, it is. And, currently, Benson is crapping the bed against the absolutely horrid Cleveland run D :-t :~( I'm sure Grant will put up 100/2 against the dreaded Vikings :-X

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby SameSongNDance » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:14 pm

benb18a wrote:
SameSongNDance wrote:I'm afraid that the one week I do actually start him where he's actually expected to be a top 5 back he'll bust.

I was actually thinking the same exact thing, going into this week. It seems like whenever something is too good to be true, it is. And, currently, Benson is crapping the bed against the absolutely horrid Cleveland run D :-t :~( I'm sure Grant will put up 100/2 against the dreaded Vikings :-X

He got the epitome of garbage yards. Thank god though, I'll take 86 total yards.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby FearandLoathinginATL » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:25 pm

yeah i have Benson too, Im just glad it went into overtime... I was starting to curse him by the beginning of the 4th.
FearandLoathinginATL
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Oct 04, 2009 11:32 pm

He actually didn't end up all that bad but a TD or 2 would have been nice. Still great value for where he was drafted
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk