Which players have you given up on!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Which players have you given up on!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby wurmz07 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 10:56 pm

Josh Morgan
Eddie Royal
Lee Evans

I've dropped Morgan, but too afraid to drop the other two so early.
wurmz07
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Cafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby NYMetsIn2k4 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 3:52 am

strange that all of you are able to drop Portis, as hes on my Yahoo leagues 'no cut list'. But even if he werent, he must have some trade value... i mean hes not completely useless, hes still a starting RB on a team that leans on the run... he may have lost a step but at worst, u can wait for 1 decent game and flip him while he has value. Even if that decent game doesnt come, he has enough value to warrant some kind of trade that would give u value.

Put it this way, u can trade Portis for a more valuable player than youll find on the WW right now, therefore, dropping him is ludicris IMHO
12 Team .5 PPR Money League
1st Place 8-4 (1456.70 Pts)

QB Schaub
WR RWayne
WR Driver
RB DWill
RB RGrant
TE VDavis
W/R Mendenhall
K Tynes
DEF WW
BENCH TJHoush,DMC,Winslow,DAvery,Arizonas D (for Playoffs)
NYMetsIn2k4
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Stelly » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:35 am

wurmz07 wrote:Josh Morgan
Eddie Royal
Lee Evans

I've dropped Morgan, but too afraid to drop the other two so early.

We must have the same team! I just dropped Morgan, b/c I didn't have the stomach to cut Royal or Evans yet....
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tomkatt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:23 am

I'm not dropping Portis, but other then bye weeks he's not starting for me anymore. I've seen enough. Getting Lynch back from suspension to take Portis' place. I'm still waiting for my first RB touchdown of the season (Forte & Portis). :-P
"Sometime during the Pats game last week, I decided that Tomlinson was the best overall running back of my lifetime. There's nothing he can't do: deadly receiver, tough inside runner, explosive to the outside, you name it." - ESPN's Bill Simmons
tomkatt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Wed Sep 30, 2009 9:37 am

Interesting topic. I've given up on:

- Bernard Scott: I thought Cedric Benson was going to come back to earth after last year's good ending but he seems to be at home and finally living up to his potential in Cincinnati.
- Josh Morgan: The 49ers are simply not a team that is going to throw the ball often enough.
- Donnie Avery: Of course, this was before the Rams put Kyle Boller and Laurent Robsinson were injured. I'm not sure if that's going to make it better or worse for him.

Players I've given up on but can't dump:

- Darren McFadden: The lack of an offense just kills his value. I'm hoping that he strings together a couple of big games so I can trade him.
- Clinton Portis: See McFadden, but add in a career of carries and injuries.
- James Davis: This is because his time is coming, although he didn't show much against a stingy Ravens D. I was hoping he would shine and become the starter but that didn't happen. But I can't dump him because although I don't own him I really have "given up" on Jamal Lewis.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby theimitator » Wed Sep 30, 2009 10:15 am

I gave up on Ted Ginn after the 1st week and was kicking myself for not having more discipline after week 2. Then, after I calmed down and reminded myself of the many reasons why I shouldn't have drafted him at all, he lays the goose egg in week 3, Penny's out, and I'm confirmed.

I just gave up on Zach Miller. He was at the bottom of my "safety net" TEs preseason, and after the first week I thought I got a big steal. Then the whole Oakland offense disappears, probably not to be seen for some time.
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:15 am

If by "give up one" you mean will roster but won't start till he proves something, then I don't have a problem with some of the players listed. If, however, you mean you have or will cut, then it's too early to release Portis and Avery.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby thejusman1 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:21 am

Kareighuis wrote:If by "give up one" you mean will roster but won't start till he proves something, then I don't have a problem with some of the players listed. If, however, you mean you have or will cut, then it's too early to release Portis and Avery.

Portis, yes, Avery, no. Avery's was projected as a WR3 at best heading into the season, and now with injuries to the QB in STL and L. Robinson going down, it's hard to see how Avery will be productive.
thejusman1
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Wed Sep 30, 2009 11:39 am

Flushed:
Royal. Not only unproductive, but coach isn't concerned and reason give is that other receivers are seeing weaker coverage. I think this means Orton sees coverage on Royal and rules him out of the play before the snap.
Henry. Never again.
Hixon. Sleeper who was to fill Plaxico's shoes. At this rate has a better chance of being Plaxico's prison guard.
Shiancoe. Emerging Vikings TE. Now I hate the Viqueens even more. I didn't think that was possible.

Circling the drain:
Braylon Edwards. Scatter-armed QBs, scatter-brained head coach is a bad recipe for a butter-fingered WR
Beanie Wells. What was I thinking.
LenDale White. Like cutting Sampson's hair, taking away big macs has turn LenWhale into LenGuppy.
Donnie Avery. Only a change in QB and injury to WR give me hope that Avery will wake up and smell his career going to pot. 1459 Baby.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby da bears » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:05 pm

cut loose
-A Bryant
-D Avery

bags are packed
-B Wells(I hated OSU enough before drafting this goof)
-B Berrian

I agree with whoever said they have no clue how someone could cut Portis already. He at least is a great bye week fill in, no reason to let him go yet.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk