Which players have you given up on!? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Which players have you given up on!?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby 011472 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:31 pm

Very surprised no one's mentioned TJ Houshmandzadeh. I'm very close to giving up on him, but I can't get anything worthwhile on a trade. I thought I was getting the #1 WR in Seattle at the auction, but it turns out Housh is #2 and Burleson is clearly the first option.

I'll continue to hold on to Portis, and may even start him again this week against TB. I have this irrational feeling that the Skins will be playing with some pride after last week in Detroit. Portis has to score some time, and when he does, maybe I can trade him for more than a pile of paper towels.

Gave up on and released Chris Henry and Josh Morgan. For some reason, I'm still holding on to Shonn Greene. Mostly, I'm thinking about next year- he could be a great keeper for me at the price I paid in the auction. But I'm sure he'll be gone once I need to cover a bye.
011472
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar
Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 1921
Joined: 26 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby blood75 » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:44 pm

bigh0rt wrote:
blood75 wrote:I'm getting close on Santana Moss...

Was it the 10 catches, 178 yards in Week 3 that is pushing you towards the edge, or was it the touchdown??




Now divide those numbers by three and they dont look so good anymore right? That is all he has done this year.
blood75
Water Boy
Water Boy


Posts: 63
Joined: 26 Aug 2009
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby bigh0rt » Wed Sep 30, 2009 8:47 pm

blood75 wrote:
bigh0rt wrote:
blood75 wrote:I'm getting close on Santana Moss...

Was it the 10 catches, 178 yards in Week 3 that is pushing you towards the edge, or was it the touchdown??




Now divide those numbers by three and they dont look so good anymore right? That is all he has done this year.

Looks like he's right on the mark to do what he typically does... also, you've got to see the irony in the timeliness of your post. It's not like you posted it before the 10/178/1 week.
Image
bigh0rt
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 874
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 3 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Jumping The Snap

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby justinj312 » Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:11 am

LANCE MOORE is getting pretty d*mn close...
thx

-justinj312
justinj312
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 385
Joined: 23 Sep 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby Dirt McGirt » Thu Oct 01, 2009 2:08 am

This is a good thread...

for my personally its

Chris Henry - The guy isnt even on the field most of the downs.

L. Coles - The guy is on the field most of the downs but still hasn't put anything up - Side note - Not sure why i drafted 2 cincy wr's

D. Avery - I think that has been pretty much hammered in this thread

S. Slaton - Huge disappointment so far but never in a million years would I cut my 1st round draft pick if he is still on the field.
Dirt McGirt
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 123
Joined: 30 Aug 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: slippery rock U

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby Kareighuis » Thu Oct 01, 2009 4:05 am

bigh0rt wrote:
pandatron wrote:Already given up on

Michael Bush
Donnie Avery


On my never draft again list

Beanie Wells
Larry Johnson
Brian Westbrook

Just hoping Westbrook doesn't suck the rest of the year.

Can't imagine why Beanie Wells would be on any never draft again list... :-?


Agreed- or why LJ was on someone's draft list in the first place

Even in a redraft league, MBush and Avery don't deserve to be on a "given up" list. Bush is still a good RB, even if Russell isn't a good QB. Avery is coming back from injury and will likely be a WR1 when he's fully back.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
Posts: 3627
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 14 Mar 2007
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby hifiguy » Thu Oct 01, 2009 8:12 am

E. Royal-Gone
DMC- Bench and getting closer to the end.
hifiguy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 580
(Past Year: 16)
Joined: 17 Sep 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Another round of the Lions Kool-Aid please.

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby LeBron James » Thu Oct 01, 2009 1:00 pm

hifiguy wrote:E. Royal-Gone
DMC- Bench and getting closer to the end.


Yeah, if Rev Run doens't do anything against that awful Houston run defense, he might be benched for a while.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 366
Joined: 28 Jul 2008
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby Mr.Joshua » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:44 am

Last week for Zach Miller....
Image
Wilson
Forte,Morris,Ivory,B.Brown,M.Christine,B.Bolden
Cobb,VJax,DeSean,M.Floyd,L.Moore
V.Davis
Posluszny
M.Bryant
Colts
Mr.Joshua
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
CafeholicMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Posts: 2959
(Past Year: 210)
Joined: 16 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Miami

Re: Which players have you given up on!?

Postby SheLovesFootball » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:09 am

011472 wrote:Very surprised no one's mentioned TJ Houshmandzadeh. I'm very close to giving up on him, but I can't get anything worthwhile on a trade. I thought I was getting the #1 WR in Seattle at the auction, but it turns out Housh is #2 and Burleson is clearly the first option.

I'll continue to hold on to Portis, and may even start him again this week against TB. I have this irrational feeling that the Skins will be playing with some pride after last week in Detroit. Portis has to score some time, and when he does, maybe I can trade him for more than a pile of paper towels.

Gave up on and released Chris Henry and Josh Morgan. For some reason, I'm still holding on to Shonn Greene. Mostly, I'm thinking about next year- he could be a great keeper for me at the price I paid in the auction. But I'm sure he'll be gone once I need to cover a bye.


Lemme tell ya.. the team I drafted and the current roster I have - TOTALLY blew it up.. I couldnt take it... week three I know.. but seriously.. HOUSH was another I just unloaded.. I was fortunate to get Burleson in his place... so... you know what that means.. the FFB gods will grant TJ a record setting game while Burleson holds his hammy on the bench... :~(
SheLovesFootball
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1368
Joined: 13 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Oh, I am in RAY LEWIS and RAY RICE LAND!

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests

cron
Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 23:38 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact