Work took my cafe away :( - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Work took my cafe away :(

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Work took my cafe away :(

Postby scottaa1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:30 pm

knapplc wrote:Corporal punishment is a drag.

.. and Corporal Klinger is IN drag.

Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby dream_017 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:35 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm a big-time multitasker. I have four tabs on my browser open right now, and usually it's a few more. I have work research, news, radio, the Cafe and usually some other sites up like weather, etc. I also have spreadsheets, databases, forms & documents and inter-office messenger windows open. I can handle this and still stay ahead of the game on my goals and expectations, which is why it's a real bummer that they've taken away my access to the Dark Side. I get that there are people in my agency who cannot do this and who let work slide to play online, but it still stinks. Corporal punishment is a drag.

Me too ;-D I always have 15+ tabs/windows/applications open at work.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby The Artful Dodger » Fri Oct 08, 2010 1:50 pm

knapplc wrote:I'm a big-time multitasker. I have four tabs on my browser open right now, and usually it's a few more. I have work research, news, radio, the Cafe and usually some other sites up like weather, etc. I also have spreadsheets, databases, forms & documents and inter-office messenger windows open. I can handle this and still stay ahead of the game on my goals and expectations, which is why it's a real bummer that they've taken away my access to the Dark Side. I get that there are people in my agency who cannot do this and who let work slide to play online, but it still stinks. Corporal punishment is a drag.

I usually have 6-8 tabs up on Chrome (preferred browser), a few tabs open on Firefox, and sometimes I use IE, Opera, and Safari for testing (it's just good practice). Photoshop, Flash, Git (version control), a programming environment (Eclipse, normally), and a Linux virtual environment (Kubuntu or Ubuntu usually). Also, the customary IM, mail client, and even a Twitter client open as my incoming news feed.

Multitasking is serious fun. I can understand employers want their employees to be less distracted with so many windows/apps open, maybe even in good faith to lessen their chances of burnout. It's still counterproductive for employers to act as watchdogs over their employees' Internet activity. Ensuring confidentiality of work-related matters is fine. Measuring how many minutes a day an employee visits say, the Cafe, is counterproductive. As long as the work gets done, then really it shouldn't be a problem.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby knapplc » Mon Mar 21, 2011 9:04 pm

They shut down all "sports" sites during March Madness, so I can't even get to the sports articles on the local newspaper. The Cafe is right out.

This sucks. :-[
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Mar 22, 2011 7:07 pm

knapplc wrote:They shut down all "sports" sites during March Madness, so I can't even get to the sports articles on the local newspaper. The Cafe is right out.

This sucks. :-[

thats lame...
i hate those $X Billion Dollars in productivity wasted during march madness type articles because they assume those people are being otherwise productive
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk