Final thoughts on this team...please be critical - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Final thoughts on this team...please be critical

Moderator: Football Moderators

Final thoughts on this team...please be critical

Postby roamingphantom » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:19 am

Hello

10 team league at Sandbox, regular scoring

QB.
Culpepper
Manning

RB
Priest Holmes
Ladainian Tomlinson
Lamar Smith
Ron Dayne

WR
David Boston
Torry Holt
Steve Smith
Keenan McCardell

TE
Byron Chamberlin
Freddie Jones

K
Jay Feely

DL
Philip Daniels
Marcellus Wiley
LB
Charlie Clemons
Anthony Simmons
DB
Sammy Knight

Am i lacking in any area, also what should i do to correct any mistakes i made during the draft. This is my second year playing. Thanks All
roamingphantom
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Weak at RB Depth

Postby Major Damage » Tue Sep 03, 2002 9:49 am

Hello...my 2 cents

Great QB with Backup QB. Infact, Culpepper *might* be used as trade bait! Depends on how Manning comes along in a new system. Dungy is traditionally D and run many, first time he will have a man to air-it-out. Might hurt Mannings numbers a little.

The problem I see with your RB is no Depth. You are betting that Holmes repeast last years run, who knows. Probably will do good. L. Tomlinson will do good if he doesn't get injured, still dealing with a Toe problem. But L. Smith will loose his job to Deshaun Foster during the year, only a matter of time. Dayne is not a good RB, he is goal line man who will score you a few TD's, not much more.

Great primary WR's with some depth. I think McCardell will be good, not great but good.

TE's are always a crap shoot after Franks and Pollard. That is as far as I go, I am not in a league nor have I ever been with a Defense break down like yours.

Good luck.
Major Damage

Friendliness: %

Your team

Postby trentvaughn » Tue Sep 03, 2002 10:15 am

I agree. I would ditch both Smith and Dayne and search out some sleepers or other picks. There is no reason to have dead weight like them on your team.

I would try to acquire somone like T.J. Duckett, DeShawn Foster, or maybe even Dorsey Levens. You need a nice, solid backup, and one of them could turn out to be one.

I also have never dealt with a defensive scheme like yours. Very interesting.

The rest of your team is stacked. Good job drafting. I would bet that Manning has a huge year, and Daunte does also. Go UCF Golden Knights!

Trentvaughn
trentvaughn
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Writer

Postby n_tremain23 » Tue Sep 03, 2002 2:15 pm

QB-Your stacked,two Top 5's.

RB-Two Top 5 RB's,downhill from there,Smith will only play until DeShaun Foster returns,he may be a beter option,Dayne will get alot less carries look for decent TD numbers but no yardage

WR-You look really good,very nice depth

TE-Expect big numbers by these two,Jones could be a Top 5 TE by the end of the year

K-15h ranked kicker,won't hurt you much,if at all though

DL-Expect double-digit sack numbers from Wiley

LB-Two Top 15 Backers,not too shabby

DB-Averaged 100 tackles and 5 picks over last 3 years,expect the same this year
n_tremain23

Postby kashikis » Wed Sep 04, 2002 12:53 pm

honestly you have a great team the only minor problem is the lack of depth in your RBs after your top 2 which are excellent theres no one for you to use lamar smith will make it to week 6 or 7 if your real lucky with a job and dayne will not get many yards only TDs
kashikis
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk