Willie Parker - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Willie Parker

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Willie Parker

Postby RazzLeDazzLe » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:57 am

Have any of you Parker owners gotten tired of this whole song and dance and dropped him yet? I'm guessing no if you're still following this thread butttt I'm really close to that point. I cant afford to sit someone on my bench week after week thats only predicted to get 6-7 points a week if he even plays. :-o
QB: Freeman
RB: Rashad Jennings, Ray Rice, Knowshon Moreno
WR: Calvin Johnson, Jeremy Maclin
TE: Vernon Davis
K: Shayne Graham
D: SD
Bench: Hillis, Knox, Tebow, Woodhead, Ball
RazzLeDazzLe Beginner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby THE SWAT TEAM » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:59 am

I wouldn't drop him period unless he is either out for the year (which he isn't right now) or that you have to have some bodies in the starting lineup and have to cut him.
THE SWAT TEAM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Montana168 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:36 pm

really depends on a number of factors such as is it a keeper, dynasty, or redraft league? how deep is your RB position? etc. right now i own him in my dynasty league, and after completing a deal for s jax last night, parker is my number 4 rb behind AP, gore, and jax so in my particular situation i'm not dropping him yet. i also have mewelde, shonn greene and chester taylor so parker is my only legit non-handcuff backup. but if its a redraft and willie is your #5 back, drop him for sure. parker is tricky because turf toe is a lingering injury, but pitt has an unbelievably easy schedule against run defense's until the week 16 championship vs balt. bcuz he's only a year removed from having a 1300 yd season, i would hang onto him unless this injury lingers another 3 weeks and/or mendenhall continues to put up 100+ yd games.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flyn high again » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:20 pm

With a "turf toe" diagnosis, I wouldn't count on FWP any time soon. If he comes back too soon to try to hold off Mendenhall's usurpation, he runs the risk of injuring the foot further. If he sits out until healed and Mendenhall produces, FWP may come back to a time share at best or a second string position at worst. Pittsburgh drafted Mendenhall with the idea of replacing Parker and they'd like nothing better than to have Mendenhall play the way he did at Illinois.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby THE SWAT TEAM » Wed Oct 07, 2009 2:53 pm

http://74.125.95.132/search?q=cache:GQ9 ... clnk&gl=ca

I was reading this and Willie's turf toe could be a 1-2 week thing, could also be 4-6 weeks. Was there any mention what grade of a turf toe injury FWP has at this point?
THE SWAT TEAM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby THE SWAT TEAM » Wed Oct 07, 2009 6:48 pm

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1018 ... ut-playing

sounds to me that Parker may not be ready for a little bit (least for this week anyway).

Way I see it, let Mendy run all over the Lions and the Browns the next two weeks. I smell two encores of what he did against the Chargers coming very soon.
THE SWAT TEAM
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Oct 07, 2009 7:46 pm

Yeah If Mendy gets to go up against both DET and CLE w/o having to compete for touches he'll be a RB1 for the next two weeks. Honestly, MFWP has been injury plagued, lost a step, is about to reach that special age and is in contract year. I'd be very surprised to see him even get 50% of the touches when he gets back. Granted Mendenhall got a cake matchup for his NFL debut but if you cut his numbers in half, those are still great numbers. Kids got a future and he knows it.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby bagofmilk » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:06 pm

Its official. Parker is ruled out for the game against DET. Mendenhall will start....now i just have to decide which one to bench- Barber, DeAngelo, or Mendenhall.
bagofmilk
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby SameSongNDance » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:14 pm

I just read that the OC for PIT said once Parker is healthy he will once again be the starting back because he is a "proven commodity" where as Mendenhall is un-proven. He then said that he hopes Mendenhall can prove himself and put himself in a situation where they have to re-evalute who will get the starting role/most carries. Now...I hope this is just a case of the OC trying to make sure Mendenhall doesn't get lazy after a good outing and believe he has already cemented himself into the starting role. I say this becuase the PIT organization can't possibly plan on starting Parker for the rest of the year, even if Parker is healthy I would imagine they would want to work in Mendenhall in as much as possible. Thoughts?
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Buckhammer74 » Sat Oct 10, 2009 6:00 am

In my opinion, Mewelde Moore is a better back than FWP. If I were running the show in Pitt I would try to trade FWP before he gets hurt again. Mendenhall would start ,Moore would get 3rd downs, and Redman would stay on the roster.

In this scenario even if Mendenhall went down Moore could step in like last year as the #1 with Redman in on short yardage and maybe some goalline work.

If Mendy tares up the Lions like he should, I cant see how you give FWP too many carries if any.
Buckhammer74
Water Boy
Water Boy

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk