Week 5 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 5 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Week 5 Games Talk

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:02 pm

Hawaii sure got a butt whooping the other night, and what a game by Noel Devine last night! 8-o
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Week 5 Games Talk

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:14 pm

Damn Lung! You must have typed this up as I was tying up my long winded week 5 game talk thread. :-b

Anyway here's what I had written...

Some big time match ups this week. 3 of the top 10 have tough road match ups.

No. 4 LSU at No. 18 Georgia

No. 7 USC at No. 24 California

No. 8 Oklahoma at No. 17 Miami (FL)

I like Georgia to upset LSU. The Tiger's have not looked good on offense at all...actually at times they have looked downright awful. They struggled big time against Washington, Vandy, and Miss. St. They really just need to meet a little more complete team to get their first loss. That will happen at Georgia.

I think Cal will be looking for redemption against SC, the Cal team my Ducks crushed last week was probably looking past the Ducks to the Trojans. After being thoroughly embarrassed I think Cal comes out swinging. I'm sure SC will stack the box and make Riley bet them with his arm, he couldn't do it in Autzen, but I think he'll have more success at home. Cal may steal this one away...but I'm not holding my breath.

4 top 20 teams in a row to start the season for Miami...brutal. Pulled it out against FSU and took down GT as well, before stumbling against VT. No Sam Bradford again? Well they haven't missed him at all...yet, I think they may this week. I still like OU but would not be at all surprised if Miami pulls it out.

This Friday night Big East game between Pitt and Louisville has been fairly entertaining. Did I hear right that the QB on the field tonight for Louisville was playing on special teams last week? What the hell?
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby The Lung » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:21 pm

Metroid wrote:This Friday night Big East game between Pitt and Louisville has been fairly entertaining. Did I hear right that the QB on the field tonight for Louisville was playing on special teams last week? What the hell?

I didn't hear that, but if that's true, wow!

I love the true freshman RB for Pitt, Dion Lewis, but he's no 3rd down back, that's for sure. He just missed a block and nearly got his QB killed on a sack! And having watched Bill Stull for the last few years, he's not exactly a sturdy specimen. :-b
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 8:27 pm

The Lung wrote:
Metroid wrote:This Friday night Big East game between Pitt and Louisville has been fairly entertaining. Did I hear right that the QB on the field tonight for Louisville was playing on special teams last week? What the hell?

I didn't hear that, but if that's true, wow!

I love the true freshman RB for Pitt, Dion Lewis, but he's no 3rd down back, that's for sure. He just missed a block and nearly got his QB killed on a sack! And having watched Bill Stull for the last few years, he's not exactly a sturdy specimen. :-b

Ain't that the truth. :-b

Yeah I like the kids shiftiness, his lateral movement is awesome. Just a true freshman, he should be something special. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:01 pm

Wow that 37 yard TD grab by Dickerson was awesome. ;-D

All dude does is catch TD's....literally, he's got two receptions for 48 yards both for TD's. :-b
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 02, 2009 9:14 pm

Holy crap, Louisville fumbles and then Stull, for Pitt, throws a 71 yard strike for another TD. 8-o
Metroid

Postby Metroid » Sat Oct 03, 2009 10:22 am

The College Gameday crew was supposed to be in Berkley for the Cal/SC game. Did they really redirect the bus because Cal lost to Oregon last week? If so that's too funny, and really kinda messed up. I mean I chuckle as a Ducks fan but really it's still a match up of highly ranked teams. :-S

I hope, and am pretty sure, they redirected the bus to BC for the FSU/BC game to cover Mark Herzlich's story better. It really is an awesome story, the guy is simply amazing. He's maintained his weight and workout schedule throughout his cancer treatments. They said he even lifted and worked out on days when he received both chemo and radiation treatments! If you have had anyone close to you who has been through chemo/radiation treatment you know how insane that is. He even returned to the classroom and the field to be with his team during his treatments. He's a remarkable young man and I'll be following his story from here on. I hope to be following a long cancer free NFL career from him as well. ;-D
Metroid

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:08 pm

Anyone watching this Michigan/Michigan State game? Great effort by Forcier to drive them 90 yards with 2 minutes left and no timeouts, but the finish of regulation was completely bogus and I can't BELIEVE they didn't change this rule after the USC/ND game of a couple years ago.

Michigan has the ball on the 12 with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. Forcier scrambles left to try and get the corner, doesn't make it there, a Michigan State defender trips him up. He's about to go down in bounds, which will end the game. He fumbles the ball out of bounds...clock stops. Horrible, horrible rule there. If you fumble the ball forwards and out of bounds there you lose the yardage you gained by it rolling forward, so why the heck does it stop the clock still?

I guess this is another one that's going to take some coach taking advantage of it before the NCAA rules committee sees something that's patently obvious. Someone is going to have the ball in the middle of the field unable to stop the clock, and just literally set up and pass the ball sideways into the stands as a lateral that goes out of bounds. Maybe then that will get their attention.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby BritSox » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:13 pm

Free Bagel wrote:Anyone watching this Michigan/Michigan State game? Great effort by Forcier to drive them 90 yards with 2 minutes left and no timeouts, but the finish of regulation was completely bogus and I can't BELIEVE they didn't change this rule after the USC/ND game of a couple years ago.

Michigan has the ball on the 12 with 14 seconds left and no timeouts. Forcier scrambles left to try and get the corner, doesn't make it there, a Michigan State defender trips him up. He's about to go down in bounds, which will end the game. He fumbles the ball out of bounds...clock stops. Horrible, horrible rule there. If you fumble the ball forwards and out of bounds there you lose the yardage you gained by it rolling forward, so why the heck does it stop the clock still?

I guess this is another one that's going to take some coach taking advantage of it before the NCAA rules committee sees something that's patently obvious. Someone is going to have the ball in the middle of the field unable to stop the clock, and just literally set up and pass the ball sideways into the stands as a lateral that goes out of bounds. Maybe then that will get their attention.

Yeah, that took some o' the gloss off. Still, fantastic drama, even if it's not the best-played game i've seen.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BritSox » Sat Oct 03, 2009 2:19 pm

Better team won in the end, I think.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Next

Return to College Football