Week 5 Games Talk - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Week 5 Games Talk

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Week 5 Games Talk

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:48 pm

Metroid wrote:
A Fleshner Fantasy wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:Just saw the wrap-up for the Michigan game, sure wish I could have watched it. Stupid big ten network.

I wish I didn't get big 10 network.

I'm sure you don't. :-b

Sorry man. :-/

It was a heck of a game and it's cute that Michigan St got a win in what they think is a rivalry game (OSU is by far our biggest rival, Notre Dame is 2nd easily). I didn't really think a bit 10 title was going to happen this year anyway. Iowa will be really tough next week, then fortunately we get Delaware St. after that. That being said, let's be honest: Whether or not it's a successful season comes down to what happens on one day: November 21.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby BritSox » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:34 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So Miami is up 1 with the ball inside the OU 20. OU has no timeouts left, so Miami can basically run out the clock. Instead of taking a knee though they run the ball. Javaris James breaks it into the open field, and gets dragged down from behind by an OU defender.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE TACKLE HIM THERE??

Of course, after that Miami takes knees and the game is over. If OU let's them score there, Miami is only up 8 (one score) and OU gets the ball back with 2 minutes left to try and tie the game. How the hell do coaches get paid millions of dollars and not think of this stuff? How did no one on the sidelines not walk up to Stoops and tell him this?

For god's sake, we do this in flag football, how can they not think of it?

There's no reason James can't kneel at the one.
"I can't say that. I'd have to say having Ryan Leaf quarterback us to a 1-15 record is probably the biggest challenge."

Rodney Harrison, on whether losing Tom Brady to injury was the greatest challenge he has faced in football.
BritSox
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby A Fleshner Fantasy » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:48 pm

BritSox wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:So Miami is up 1 with the ball inside the OU 20. OU has no timeouts left, so Miami can basically run out the clock. Instead of taking a knee though they run the ball. Javaris James breaks it into the open field, and gets dragged down from behind by an OU defender.

WHY IN THE WORLD WOULD HE TACKLE HIM THERE??

Of course, after that Miami takes knees and the game is over. If OU let's them score there, Miami is only up 8 (one score) and OU gets the ball back with 2 minutes left to try and tie the game. How the hell do coaches get paid millions of dollars and not think of this stuff? How did no one on the sidelines not walk up to Stoops and tell him this?

For god's sake, we do this in flag football, how can they not think of it?

There's no reason James can't kneel at the one.

Of course not, but you may as well make him be heads up enough to do so.

Thanks to abrunn for the awesome sig
A Fleshner Fantasy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to College Football