Shock's Week 4 Booms and Busts - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Shock's Week 4 Booms and Busts

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Shock's Week 4 Booms and Busts

Postby Shock6822 » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:21 pm

WINS:

Mike Sims-Walker: He's probably snatched in every league by now, but he's clearly the #2 option behind MJD in that offense now. Which is a good thing for you MJD owners btw. A very good week with almost 30 PPR points.

Brandon Marshall: One of the best TD scores you'll ever see. With Buckhalter hurt, he and Moreno are really the only 2 fantasy players you'll want to use consistently.

Jay Cutler: 3 TDs and 1 on the ground (which was an awesome Cutlercopter...bonus points!)

Jerome Harrison: Got plenty of yardage, and as expected, made for a nice, cheap flex option last week.

Cincy D: A solid showing that included a TD

San Francisco D: Holy cow, hope you listened on this one. Funny story...I was debating between Cincy and SF in one league, and I couldn't decide, so I flipped a coin. The coin landed on Cincy. I lost by single digit points. BAH.

Mewelde Moore: Yardage totals stunk, but he had 2 TDs, and all we care about is the points, not how he got them.

Ronnie Brown: Triple digit yards, multiple TDs. Easy peasy.

Steve Slaton: Hey, his first nice week! Multiple TDs, flashed the ability from last year.

Ladainian Tomlinson: Stick a fork in him, and maybe the SD run game as a whole if last week is any indication. The more San Diego stinks, the happier I am, so keep it up LT!

Marshawn Lynch: That pathetic o-line is going to severely limit his value, and the fact that Buffalo will be playing from behind alot limits it even more. Tread lightly.

Fred Taylor: I love the Pats RBs, but like I just said, don't expect any consistency at all on a week-to-week basis. A putrid fantasy showing this week.

Dwayne Bowe: 1 catch, 11 yards for your WR1. That, folks, is a bust on the week.

Marques Colston: I'm telling you...being matched up against Revis or Nnamdi is trouble. Both of Colston's 2 receptions came when Revis wasn't on him. Scary stuff.

TIES:

Cedric Benson: Didn't exactly boom, but he almost had 100 total yards or something.

Willis Mcgahee: Got the TD, but the yardage was a stinker. Keep in mind Wilfork didn't sit, which I specifically mentioned as a caveat.

Thomas Jones: This guy and his random TDs. He's a horrible back (12 carries for 33 yards without his 15 yard TD), but I guess if he gets opportunities, it is what it is.

LOSSES:

Darren Mcfadden: An injury and an o-line that let him get touched in the backfield every time he had the ball. This is gonna become ugly.

Keenan Burton: Well, apparently Kyle Boller played his best football in week 3.

Joe Flacco: Baltimore is totally comfy letting Flacco pass way more than they run, which is a good thing for his owners.

Matt Cassel: Hooray for 2 garbage time TDs.

Bernard Berrian: Couldn't watch the game, so can't comment on the performance, but this definitely could have been his best week we'll see all season.

14 wins, 3 ties, 5 losses. I'll take it. And starting this week, I'll also do a bye week plugin section with some slightly more obscure names to consider.
GO PATRIOTS!
Shock6822
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Shock's Week 4 Booms and Busts

Postby SameSongNDance » Tue Oct 06, 2009 2:55 pm

You destroy some of the "expert" start and sit em's. It's a joke, especially CBS. They are completely off most of the time. I will be taking your Boom/Busts very seriously from now on. Keep up the good work brotha!
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk