Will Detmer take Philly to the Playoffs? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Will Detmer take Philly to the Playoffs?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Will Detmer take Philly to the Playoffs?

Postby Slingblade » Mon Nov 18, 2002 7:46 pm

and if you don't think they will make it to the play-offs, who will win the division

I think they can still win, if detmer will just stay in the pocket and not act like McNabb he gives a chance for there team-and staley will need to carry the team a bit more.
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby JayM09 » Mon Nov 18, 2002 8:13 pm

they should be able to make the playoffs. if they dont win the division, then the giants will. as far as a super-bowl berth, i think that just went down the drain...
JayM09
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Eagles

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 19, 2002 6:24 pm

I guess we'll find out soon enough :)

After the success of Bulger, Maddox, Pennington, etc. this year, who can say that Detmer won't step in and be as good as McNabb? I realize that it's expecting alot of the guy but stranger things have happened this year (and are still happening on a weekly basis).

Each team carves out its own destiny, and the Eagles are still very much alive and kicking.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby joester1 » Tue Nov 19, 2002 8:30 pm

However they do i hope that it increases duces stats and David Akers field goals. What are you guys views.
joester1

Friendliness: %

Postby cwebb » Wed Nov 20, 2002 11:26 am

Duce had great value as a receiver and his receiving numbers could drop now, Akers should get more FG attempts but maybe longer attempts, too.
cwebb
Bouncer
Bouncer

Cafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Dazedncnfz » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:39 pm

One thing that has been a constant on that Eagles team is Akers. This guy puts up points every week. I think the Eagles will still move the ball down the field , but their drives will staul out more then before which will put Akers into even more kicking situations.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dalej » Wed Nov 20, 2002 12:53 pm

Sure are a lot of optimists out there. I think they miss the playoffs. They were surprisingly inconsistent with McNabb in there. It has to get worse under Detmer. Giants win the division and St. Louis grabs the second wild card.
Baseball players are smarter than football players. How often do you see a baseball team penalized for too many men on the field?
dalej
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Football Talk