Devin Hester - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Devin Hester

Moderator: Football Moderators

Devin Hester

Postby The Lung » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:21 pm

Devin Hester went to the locker room in the second quarter of Sunday's game with an shoulder injury.

Hester was hit hard on a touchdown-saving tackle just short of the goal line, and may have suffered a stinger. The injury did not appear to be serious, but Hester has been deemed "questionable" to return.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Devin Hester

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:35 pm

And he sat out the rest of the half. Nothing serious I dont think but he didnt come back. They have not said a whole lot yet.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby latsprewell20002000 » Sun Oct 04, 2009 1:58 pm

Out for the rest of the game.
latsprewell20002000
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby P. Griffin » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:00 pm

Awwwww weak
P. Griffin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Go Skins! » Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:37 pm

Awesome!!! I started Hester over Knox, Whosyourmama and Nate Washington (pretty much my entire WR bench)!!!!!

Arrrggggghhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Go Skins!
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby pfwygalways » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:25 am

good news.

Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Jason La Canfora reports that Devin Hester's Week 4 injury was to his neck, but it is not serious.

It was probably a stinger and won't keep him out of any games. The Bears have a bye in Week 5 anyways. The injury limited Chicago in the vertical passing game Sunday, but Hester should be 100 percent for the Falcons in Week 5.

I was really hoping to benefit on cutler to hester against the lions d. Hopefully he'll still come through covering a bye week.
12 team/6pts TD/1pt 25yds pass/1pt 10yd r/r
08-09 Champ: Defending my title
QB Cutler
WR R. White, Welker, S. Holmes, D. Hester
RB M. Turner, S. Slaton, D. Brown, L Betts, L Maroney
M. Bush
TE Shockey
K Gotskowski
Def: Dal. (platoon likely)
pfwygalways
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby FatFoot » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:52 pm

I'll post this in each of the Bears injury threads, for the record.

With the bye week, the Bears do not have to issue an actual injury report. They have been historically deceptive with their injury information... saying someone is back to 100% and then keeping him out (Charles Tillman last season, for example) and vice versa. Consider this, and the unofficial nature of any injury information from now until a week from Wednesday if you're considering trades that include Hester, Knox, or Forte (only significant in that the Mini Adrian Peterson is also hurt, and he'd get more carries than Wolfe does.)

That is all.
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby Fairweather Fan » Fri Nov 06, 2009 11:23 pm

There seem to be conflicting reports about Hester's practice participation today.
The news from Rotowire sounds good...
Hester (ankle) is listed as questionable for Sunday's game against Arizona, but he practiced without limitations on Friday and is expected to start, the Chicago Sun-Times reports.
Spin:
"I went 100 percent today," Hester said. "I'm ready to go." The Bears may pull Hester off his punt return duties Sunday, but he's expected to play a full complement of snaps on offense.

...but Rotoworld has a completely different take:
Updating a previous item, Devin Hester's (ankle) practice participation Friday was "limited." He's listed as questionable for Week 9.
However, both ESPN's John Clayton and Brad Biggs of the Chicago Sun Times report that Hester will be active against the Cardinals. The injury does make Hester a slightly more risky play than usual in the favorable matchup.

So everyone seems to agree that he'll start, but the severity of his injury is unsettled. Anybody have a reliable source that can sort this out?
Fairweather Fan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Return to Football Talk