Whos loving the Niners D today?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting

Whos loving the Niners D today??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Whos loving the Niners D today??

Postby Sex Panther » Mon Oct 05, 2009 8:32 am

Love/Hate relationship going on here.

Started them in one league (and they got me 44) helped post a league season high of 151 and even me at 2-2.

Went up against them in another league (they hit me for 36) and were the difference - lost 99.8 - 106.56 (in a league where 90.00 is typically a lock down win) to drop me to 2-2.
Kate Upton's Husband - dead
Mr. Blonde - champ
Yo Soy Fiesta - dead
Old South - champ
Full of Fanta Tonight - champ
Sex Panther (SB) - dead
Sex Panther (FF) - dead
Sex Panther (IBL) - dead
Sex Panther (Dynasty) dead
Sex Panther
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:55 pm

SF looks like one of the best defensive teams in football right now. Outside of shaky play on the two minute drill, no one has been able to do much of anything against us.

That includes the best RB in the NFL, one of the top passing offenses in the NFL, and two other division rivals, one who we scored more points on defense than on offense and the other who we knocked out their starting QB for several weeks before halftime. I think Atlanta is going to be a true test of how good this defense can play. I don't have any doubts that we can limit Turner to production similar to what both Peterson and Jackson saw, the question then becomes can Matt Ryan beat this defense? I'm not so sure.

Dashon Goldson is a lifesaver out there in the secondary. With sure tacklers like Willis and Spikes in the middle and the surprising play of Franklin up front at tackel, it's gonna take some big plays to beat us in any given week. It looks like a highschool game out there on running plays. Try to run up the middle and you're not getting past 52. Try to run outside and you're getting swarmed by 4 red jerseys. Nate Clements looks like the surest tackling CB in the game right now. In the passing game we have some weaknesses. Michael Lewis let up a couple of big plays this past Sunday and Clements can be beat 1v1. The second CB position is a weakness, especially if teams decide they want to target Spencer, Brown, Blye or whoever else is in there. But that guy named Dashon Goldson is not letting anything get deep. Guy ran down Adrian Peterson in the open field in week 3 where in previous years that guy is going to the house. Guy broke up a critical long seam pass to Carleson when the game was close, when in previous years that is a huge play. I think Tony Gonzalez might have his hands full in week 5 or he might blow up the stat sheet. That single matchup is pretty much going to tell me if we have what it takes to be a playoff team this year or if its just smoke and mirrors against equally bad NFC West teams thus far.

The 49ers offense is terrible. Almost worst in the league terrible. If not for Frank Gore or the patented Vernon Davis in/out lob pass (good for 3 TDs in 2 weeks now) we could just be Denver West. Josh Morgan looked like Troy Williamson out there last Sunday on probably the second or third worst drop I've seen in that stadium (Williams holds #1 and probably #2). Some of the Jimmy Raye play calls are straight out of the 70s. If there is a recipe for 49ers success, it will have to be in the Baltimore/Dilfer mold. Shaun Hill just wins games, but that is due more to the fact that he hasn't been turning the ball over rather than any type of offensive success he has been having.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Mon Oct 05, 2009 1:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby SameSongNDance » Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:57 pm

I'll roll with them vs. ATL.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:58 pm

Grabbed them late in a best ball league. My #1 is Pitt :-b San Fran has tied them once beat them twice and smoked them once.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to Game Commentary, Cheering & Venting