Rush Limbaugh to buy the Rams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Rush Limbaugh to buy the Rams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Rush Limbaugh to buy the Rams?

Postby WeekSixteen » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:34 am

I liked Rush more back in the day. I think he realized he can sell more books by being more inflammatory now.

In any case I think he would make a great team owner. He is a big sports fan and a self made success. I think he would work pretty hard to make the Rams better since his name is attached to it. What guy with a billion dollars doesn't have skeletons in his closet. Most have bankruptcies, disgruntled employees, an embarrassing affair.. what have you. He had a drug problem and got help, it's not really all that unique.

I'm only aware of the McNabb comment from Limbaugh. If a few of you are calling him a racist because of that comment that would be staggering. I've listened to his show, Rush is not a racist, maybe some of you need a refresher in racism.
WeekSixteen
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:59 am

Here is a refresher, Jason.

1. I mean, let’s face it, we didn’t have slavery in this country for over 100 years because it was a bad thing. Quite the opposite: slavery built the South. I’m not saying we should bring it back; I’m just saying it had its merits. For one thing, the streets were safer after dark.
2. You know who deserves a posthumous Medal of Honor? James Earl Ray [the confessed assassin of Martin Luther King]. We miss you, James. Godspeed.

3. Have you ever noticed how all composite pictures of wanted criminals resemble Jesse Jackson?

4. Right. So you go into Darfur and you go into South Africa, you get rid of the white government there. You put sanctions on them. You stand behind Nelson Mandela — who was bankrolled by communists for a time, had the support of certain communist leaders. You go to Ethiopia. You do the same thing.

5. Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it.

6. The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies.

7. They’re 12 percent of the population. Who the hell cares?

8. Take that bone out of your nose and call me back(to an African American female caller).

http://www.stltoday.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=666885

For brevity this collection of Limbaugh quotes, some are recent as , come from the STLtoday site, but you can individually google each quote and find them littered about. What lable you want to put on it is up to you, but the message seems clear.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:03 am

Carnac wrote:They move everything else!

Boo hoo. :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk