Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:53 pm

I believe the image he has been given from the media is inaccurate. I'm trying to remember the interview and who he did it with, Gil Brandt maybe?, but he came off like a good kid, not what he's been painted out to be in the media.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:53 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:I believe the image he has been given from the media is inaccurate. I'm trying to remember the interview and who he did it with, Gil Brandt maybe?, but he came off like a good kid, not what he's been painted out to be in the media.

Actions speak a lot louder than words. Here is a guy who loafed around during rehab, was busying trying to get endorsements during the NFL draft process, smiled when the Raiders bypassed him as the 1st WR off the board, and then turns around and says he wants Raiders money when it comes time to sign the contract. Here is a guy with Deion Sanders and a used car salesman cousin in his corner rather than his professional sports agent. This guy is one shade of gray away from being the next Maurice Clarett IMO.

People can change, but right now the only reason I would buy a Crabtree jersey would be to burn it.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:12 pm

Kensat30 wrote:
Omaha Red Sox wrote:I believe the image he has been given from the media is inaccurate. I'm trying to remember the interview and who he did it with, Gil Brandt maybe?, but he came off like a good kid, not what he's been painted out to be in the media.

Actions speak a lot louder than words. Here is a guy who loafed around during rehab, was busying trying to get endorsements during the NFL draft process, smiled when the Raiders bypassed him as the 1st WR off the board, and then turns around and says he wants Raiders money when it comes time to sign the contract. Here is a guy with Deion Sanders and a used car salesman cousin in his corner rather than his professional sports agent. This guy is one shade of gray away from being the next Maurice Clarett IMO.

People can change, but right now the only reason I would buy a Crabtree jersey would be to burn it.

As a fellow Niner fan, I hope you're wrong. ;-D
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Ranker

Postby Montana168 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 2:18 pm

That $16 guaranteed could have signed a premier FA

while i do agree with most of your points, being a niners fan myself, crabtree has made a lot of stupid moves in the holdout period, but if he can produce, all will be forgotten. i mean ALL. if crabtree can step in right away and be a solid #3 guy, eventually replacing bruce in the starting lineup, and if we're talking about crabtree as a pro bowler 2-3 yrs from now, the holdout won't mean as much UNLESS he continues to be a diva.

as far as what i quoted you for, i could be off, but i'm pretty sure 16 mill guaranteed won't get us a premier FA. especially with the uncapped year right around the corner, 16 mill might go to a guy like willie parker %-6 . also, as the niners front office has said many, many times...those big name free agents in back to back years (clements then justin smith) were just to get the core of this team started, which has been done. now we want to start (or have already started this year) building through the draft with guys like crabtree, willis, mckillop, morgan, etc. we are in great shape next year with 2 1st round picks (carolina's 1st and ours)so depending on where carolina finishes we will be able to get one of those big 3 QB's (bradford, mccoy, snead) to sit behind hill for a year or 2 plus a playmaking safety like taylor mays. trust me, if we would not have signed crabtree, we would be yet another piece behind from building our next dynasty. look at the niners offense for years to come:

QB Shaun Hill (solid, but will be replaced with a rook drafted next year)
RB Frank Gore, Glen Coffee
WR Michael Crabtree, Josh Morgan, Isaac Bruce, Brandon Jones, Jason Hill, Dominque Ziegler
TE Vernon Davis, Delanie Walker
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 10:56 pm

Montana168 wrote:
That $16 guaranteed could have signed a premier FA

while i do agree with most of your points, being a niners fan myself, crabtree has made a lot of stupid moves in the holdout period, but if he can produce, all will be forgotten. i mean ALL. if crabtree can step in right away and be a solid #3 guy, eventually replacing bruce in the starting lineup, and if we're talking about crabtree as a pro bowler 2-3 yrs from now, the holdout won't mean as much UNLESS he continues to be a diva.

as far as what i quoted you for, i could be off, but i'm pretty sure 16 mill guaranteed won't get us a premier FA.

Michael Turner - $15 million guaranteed
Ray Lewis - $17 million guaranteed
TJ Houshmanzadeh - $15 million guaranteed
Kurt Warner - $19 million guaranteed
Steve Hutchinson - $16 million guaranteed
Alan Faneca - $20 million guaranteed
Justin Smith - $20 million guaranteed
Bart Scott - $22 million guaranteed
Nate Clements - $22 million guaranteed (highest paid defensive player EVER at the time)

Michael Crabtree - $17 million guaranteed
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Metroid » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 pm

Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 12:01 am

Metroid wrote:Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.

Or at the very least, would you be able to allow yourself to enjoy it if Moneytree does well and helps your team win?
Its time to make peace with it and let the healing begin. If he sucks there will still be plenty time for hating.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:44 am

moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.

Or at the very least, would you be able to allow yourself to enjoy it if Moneytree does well and helps your team win?
Its time to make peace with it and let the healing begin. If he sucks there will still be plenty time for hating.

"Don't tell me, SHOW ME!" -Mike Singletary
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:52 am

Remind me again how this guy has "helped the team" up to this point? I'm all for someone making changes and improving themselves, but Crabtree at this point needs to redeem himself. Donovan McNabb might help the Niners win if he is brought in as a FA QB next year, but I still wouldn't want that guy on my team. Some guys you just can't bring yourself to root for when you just know deep down inside that they are two bit snakes. Something about Crabtree is pinging my radar, I just don't like the guy.

Something has to be said for a guy that has no heart, or a guy so self absorbed, or a guy that is just a fake bastard that is in it for something other than the game. Let's see something from Crabtree before we go ahead and crown him this great game changing player that is going to take SF to the next level and all. Up to this point, I do not like what I have seen, heard, and read about him and taht sinking feeling I got in my stomach when we drafted the guy has yet to go away.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Montana168 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 6:57 am

Michael Turner - $15 million guaranteed
Ray Lewis - $17 million guaranteed
TJ Houshmanzadeh - $15 million guaranteed
Kurt Warner - $19 million guaranteed
Steve Hutchinson - $16 million guaranteed
Alan Faneca - $20 million guaranteed
Justin Smith - $20 million guaranteed
Bart Scott - $22 million guaranteed
Nate Clements - $22 million guaranteed (highest paid defensive player EVER at the time)

Michael Crabtree - $17 million guaranteed

ok yeah wow i guess i wasn't thinking in terms of guaranteed, just the worth of the contracts. it, could be pointed out tho that some of those guys are old and not as productive, or some of those contracts were given a year or 2 ago like faneca, smith, hutchenson, turner, clements etc. i know it sucks giving that kind of money to kids who havn't proven anything, but i'd rather build through the draft then FA. if anyone has learned anything from the washington redskins, its that you CAN'T build a team from FA. but i get your point, seems like u just can't get urself to like crabtree lol. like i said, IF he produces as expected, all will be forgotten and people will love him. just the way it goes in the NFL.
Montana168
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk