Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby mattb47 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 7:51 am

Kensat30 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.


Remind me again how this guy has "helped the team" up to this point? I'm all for someone making changes and improving themselves, but Crabtree at this point needs to redeem himself. Donovan McNabb might help the Niners win if he is brought in as a FA QB next year, but I still wouldn't want that guy on my team. Some guys you just can't bring yourself to root for when you just know deep down inside that they are two bit snakes. Something about Crabtree is pinging my radar, I just don't like the guy.

Something has to be said for a guy that has no heart, or a guy so self absorbed, or a guy that is just a fake bastard that is in it for something other than the game. Let's see something from Crabtree before we go ahead and crown him this great game changing player that is going to take SF to the next level and all. Up to this point, I do not like what I have seen, heard, and read about him and taht sinking feeling I got in my stomach when we drafted the guy has yet to go away.


Who said he has helped the team at all to this point??? I feel like you're creating an argument there so that you can counter argue but there's nobody who is in their right mind who would be making the point that Crabtree has done anything at all for the SF franchise to this point. If the guy comes back out and produces on the field and isn't a distraction while on the team, then I'm for one willing to cut him a break.
Image
mattb47
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 14238
Joined: 29 Nov 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby moochman » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:07 am

Kensat30 wrote:
moochman wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.


Or at the very least, would you be able to allow yourself to enjoy it if Moneytree does well and helps your team win?
Its time to make peace with it and let the healing begin. If he sucks there will still be plenty time for hating.


"Don't tell me, SHOW ME!" -Mike Singletary


Right, so Singletary has forgiven, you?
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16302
(Past Year: 82)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Metroid » Fri Oct 09, 2009 10:53 am

mattb47 wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
Metroid wrote:Yeah you're right. Why wish him well? Hopefully he gets on the field and really stinks it up, and hopefully it's when the 9ers really need him to catch a pass, like in the playoffs or something and he falters and San Fran is out. That will teach him. Why would you want him to do well, I mean it's not like if he does well he helps the team or anything.


Remind me again how this guy has "helped the team" up to this point? I'm all for someone making changes and improving themselves, but Crabtree at this point needs to redeem himself. Donovan McNabb might help the Niners win if he is brought in as a FA QB next year, but I still wouldn't want that guy on my team. Some guys you just can't bring yourself to root for when you just know deep down inside that they are two bit snakes. Something about Crabtree is pinging my radar, I just don't like the guy.

Something has to be said for a guy that has no heart, or a guy so self absorbed, or a guy that is just a fake bastard that is in it for something other than the game. Let's see something from Crabtree before we go ahead and crown him this great game changing player that is going to take SF to the next level and all. Up to this point, I do not like what I have seen, heard, and read about him and taht sinking feeling I got in my stomach when we drafted the guy has yet to go away.


Who said he has helped the team at all to this point??? I feel like you're creating an argument there so that you can counter argue but there's nobody who is in their right mind who would be making the point that Crabtree has done anything at all for the SF franchise to this point. If the guy comes back out and produces on the field and isn't a distraction while on the team, then I'm for one willing to cut him a break.

Exactly. it seems Kensat just wants to argue and disagree just to argue and disagree. He doesn't like Crabtree and probably never will. For some reason he'd rather hate the guy and hope for him to fail and be a failure, to teach him some life lesson, than for him to succeed and actually help the 49ers win games.

I'm curious who crowned him a game changing player? I'm curious who said he was going to take SF to the next level? I know I never did, all I said was it makes more sense as a fan of a franchise to hope that it's players succeed and do well. To actually wish that one fails and is relegated to scout team duty, something Kensat hopes for, just doesn't make any sense. Should you run out and buy a Crabtree jersey? No probably not. But to hope for the guy to fail is just plain silly.

And another thing, we do not know Crabtree as a person. From everything I've heard he's actually a good person and well liked by everyone who has met him. And pretty well liked by coach Singletary and by the guys in the locker room. I've read several reports about how Crabtree is a very quiet, personal, and focused person. He has been heavily influenced by a handful of people close to him and probably didn't make the best decisions during his contract negotiations. Is that reason enough to hate him and call him a "two bit snake?" Get over yourself dude. We're talking about a young man walking into the biggest decision of his life.

Anyway you continue to ridicule, hate, and hope for his failure...that's one way to follow his career. Personally I'm going to wish him success and hope he helps the 49ers on the field. But that's my style, I'd rather stay positive and hope for the best, than be negative and hope for the worst. To each their own.
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Omaha Red Sox » Fri Oct 09, 2009 11:13 am

Metroid wrote:Personally I'm going to wish him success and hope he helps the 49ers on the field. But that's my style, I'd rather stay positive and hope for the best, than be negative and hope for the worst. To each their own.


^ I like this.
Omaha Red Sox
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Ranker
Posts: 12290
Joined: 29 Jun 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Probably over there

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Munboy » Fri Oct 09, 2009 5:24 pm

Omaha Red Sox wrote:
Metroid wrote:Personally I'm going to wish him success and hope he helps the 49ers on the field. But that's my style, I'd rather stay positive and hope for the best, than be negative and hope for the worst. To each their own.


^ I like this.


seconded
Image
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1934
Joined: 20 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Fri Oct 09, 2009 9:57 pm

SANTA CLARA, Calif. (AP)—Michael Crabtree(notes) exerted extra effort running one of his first pass routes as a San Francisco 49ers wide receiver and then defensive back Nate Clements(notes) got in the way.

“He put a lot into it,” 49ers coach Mike Singletary said Friday. “He made great moves. But Nate just reads the quarterback and lets him do all those things. Michael turns around and sees Nate catching the ball. He wondered how that could happen after making all those moves that worked in college. It was a reminder this is another level. This is different.”


Looks like a good start. If you are in HS :-b
Image
Image
Cowboys 4 life
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 9515
(Past Year: 79)
Joined: 18 Jul 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby Metroid » Sun Oct 11, 2009 11:53 am

Saw him speak in a press conference this morning, said all the right things. :-?
Image
Metroid
Moderator
Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Posts: 22544
Joined: 9 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Bringing the funk in P-Town!

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby 2ksports » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:28 pm

I think he was influenced by close friends / family / pride. I think he's already learned his lesson b/c his holdout failed and now he's way behind on learning the offense.

I blame the Raiders.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1276
(Past Year: 2)
Joined: 19 Oct 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby scottaa1 » Sun Oct 11, 2009 8:32 pm

saw something on either espn or nfl network that of all people, MC Hammer stepped in to do a little moderating between the camps. Don't know how much was true.
Image
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 8540
(Past Year: 13)
Joined: 17 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Indy

Re: Michael Crabtree Finally Signs With 49ers

Postby joejlitz » Sun Oct 11, 2009 9:16 pm

Read 5 pages of this and decided to chime in without reading the rest (for now).

1) Wishing injuries on anyone at anytime is bad. :-t
2) Though athletes hire agents, that doesn't mean they aren't allowed to think for themselves. Problem with young athletes these days is that everyone fills their head with so much crap that they'll believe anything they're told from the people who constantly give them positive reinforcement. So, everyone tells Crabby he is this shiz and deserves to get paid more than Heyward-Bey, he's gonna listen. When his agent reinforces that, he's gonna act on it. But he still has a mind of his own and in the end it is his decision to let the agent do EVERYTHING for him, including his thinking.
3) Even if Crabtree turns out to be a punk, I wouldn't be surprised if it doesn't last. Singletary showed that year that he doesn't suffer fools when he sent Vernon Davis to the showers early and publicly chastised him. Then what happened? VD became a team captain this year and apparently a bit of a leader. If Crabtree turns out to be a punk, my money is on Singletary to rehab him.
4) Rookie WRs who have a significant impact their first year are VERY rare. Those who miss the first 4.5 weeks of the season, mini-camp, preseason, etc. and still go on to have a huge impact are - well, I don't know because I don't know who might have done that before. But whatever - if you think Crabtree is going to have a big year after missing all of that time and with Hill at QB, keep smoking what your smoking. And save some for me. ;-D
"There is no charge for awesomeness or attractiveness." - Po (Kung Fu Panda)
Image
joejlitz
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 7050
(Past Year: 37)
Joined: 21 Sep 2007
Home Cafe: Football
Location: G-14 Classified

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 15:11 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact