Braylon Edwards Is A Jet! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to New York Jets

Braylon Edwards Is A Jet!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Braylon Edwards Is A Jet!

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Wed Oct 07, 2009 8:31 am

The Cleveland Browns have agreed to trade troubled wide receiver Braylon Edwards to the New York Jets.

In the deal, first reported by ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter, the Jets agreed to send key special teams player Jason Trusnik, wide receiver Chansi Stuckey and a pair of draft picks to Cleveland....

Rest of article + video of the annoucement on Mike & Mike:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4538498

The thread in leftovers says the draft picks are rumored to be a 3rd & a 5th. If true, I LOVE this trade. Again, if true about the draft picks, that's a lot less than what Cleveland wanted for Braylon in the offseason. Hopefully the NFL doesn't punish him for his latest off the field incident. I hope that the Jets will let Sanchez air it out more. I don't think he threw deep at all in the NO game. What do you guys think? :-? :-) ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Braylon Edwards Is A Jet!

Postby killiansjmd » Thu Oct 08, 2009 4:19 pm

I was holding judgement on this until I heard what picks were involved. If it is a 3rd and 5th, then I would agree that we got a very good deal! ;-D

I think Edwards will really make Cotchery better. We really should be able to spread the field now with Edwards, Cotchery ad Keller!
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Oct 09, 2009 1:44 am

killiansjmd wrote:I was holding judgement on this until I heard what picks were involved. If it is a 3rd and 5th, then I would agree that we got a very good deal! ;-D

I think Edwards will really make Cotchery better. We really should be able to spread the field now with Edwards, Cotchery ad Keller!

Here's a few articles on si.com:

In addition to shipping to Cleveland a pair of veteran players in slot receiver Chansi Stuckey and special teams player Jason Trusnik -- two players now headed from first to worst in the standings -- the first-place Jets (3-1) are sending the Browns a pair of draft picks believed to be in the range of the third or fourth round.

The Jets have now potentially landed the No. 1 receiver their offense lacked, giving them another chip in their attempt to unseat AFC East power New England, where Randy Moss remains the division's most dominant receiver. New York has done so without granting Edwards a lucrative new contract or surrendering valuable first- or second-round picks in any future drafts.

Rest of article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

Another article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/f ... index.html

Another article:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/w ... index.html

;-D

The other 2 articles don't mention the draft picks. I work customer service for SI & about 50 other magazines. It was slow today so I did a lot of reading. We're blocked from going to any websites but our own. :-t

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby Dawinner127 » Fri Oct 09, 2009 2:24 pm

Love the move. They knew we could get him cheap after the incident that happened at the nightclub and they went and did it. Let's hope he doesn't get suspended though.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Return to New York Jets