Michael Crabtree - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Michael Crabtree

Moderator: Football Moderators

Michael Crabtree

Postby DemonDeacon » Sat Feb 21, 2009 4:49 pm

INDIANAPOLIS -- Michael Crabtree will not have fond memories of this weekend's NFL Combine.

Friday's medical testing revealed Crabtree has a slight stress fracture in his left foot that will require surgery, several league sources have confirmed to Sporting News. The injury was first reported on NFL Network. Crabtree is expected to be sidelined for about 10 weeks, which would force the cancellation of his pro day prior to April's draft.

Whether the injury will hurt Crabtree in the draft remains to be seen. He is widely considered the top wide receiver prospect, expected to go as high as No. 4 to the Seahawks.

Running back Jonathan Stewart of the Panthers had similar foot surgery before last year's draft, but he was still taken 13th overall. Teams have already seen Crabtree's impressive body of work at Texas Tech, and if the surgery goes well and there aren't any setbacks in rehab, Crabtree could be ready in time for training camp.

Crabtree measured shorter than expected on Friday (6-1 3/8), but he has long arms and outstanding body control. Scouts were looking forward to seeing Crabtree work out on Sunday, but now Crabtree must prepare for surgery -- and more uncertainty heading into the draft.
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Surgery for Michael Crabtree

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Feb 22, 2009 3:42 pm

Moved to the Injuries & Player Updates forum. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby LS2throwed » Mon Feb 23, 2009 12:46 am

After watching the Rb's perform I'm convinced Crabtree is the skill position player in this draft, I hope this news makes him slide some in dynasty drafts because it scares some guys off :-D

I think he's gonna run a 4.4, seems like if he was going to run much slower he would just get the surgery now and not run at all.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:23 am

LS2throwed wrote:After watching the Rb's perform I'm convinced Crabtree is the skill position player in this draft, I hope this news makes him slide some in dynasty drafts because it scares some guys off :-D

I think he's gonna run a 4.4, seems like if he was going to run much slower he would just get the surgery now and not run at all.

My thoughts exactly ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Michael Crabtree

Postby benb18a » Thu Aug 06, 2009 4:35 pm

Taken from CBS.com's fantasy news:

"ESPN is among those reporting that representatives for WR Michael Crabtree are telling the 49ers that their client is prepared to sit out the 2009 season and be re-drafted next April if the team doesn't meet his contractual demands. Crabtree, picked 10th overall, is allegedly seeking a higher contract than Raiders rookie WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was picked seventh overall. "We are prepared to do it," adviser David Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

:-o

Thanks to eagles21 for the awesome sig :)

2011:

Representin' the Cafe in the IBL league: 73-34, 15-8 in Championship Tier playoffs
BBKL: 7-6
Money league: 9-4, #1 seed one and done
benb18a
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Re: Michael Crabtree: now thinking about sitting all of '09

Postby recmccl » Fri Aug 07, 2009 8:55 am

benb18a wrote:Taken from CBS.com's fantasy news:

"ESPN is among those reporting that representatives for WR Michael Crabtree are telling the 49ers that their client is prepared to sit out the 2009 season and be re-drafted next April if the team doesn't meet his contractual demands. Crabtree, picked 10th overall, is allegedly seeking a higher contract than Raiders rookie WR Darrius Heyward-Bey, who was picked seventh overall. "We are prepared to do it," adviser David Wells said. "Michael just wants fair-market value. They took him with the 10th pick and you have Darrius Heyward-Bey getting $38 million? This week is crucial. Michael was one of the best players in the draft and he just wants to be paid like one of the best players. This week is very crucial."

Here goes my friendliness meter. :-)

What a clown. The NFL really does need to do something about rookie salaries. I bet Singletary would like to put the pads on again and catch this guy in a route over the middle. lol. Didn't Mike Williams pull this just a few years ago and look how well that turned out. I'd be jumping through the roof like I won the lottery if I was in this guy's shoes. The guy should be grateful he was a high draft pick. I hope he gets blacklisted and no GM touch him this high next year, a full year out of the game, and won't nearly get the money he would this year. Anyway, let me wipe the spit off my monitor. Sorry, news like this is right up their with visiting the dentist office.
recmccl
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Fri Aug 07, 2009 9:36 am

recmccl wrote:
benb18a wrote:Taken from CBS.com's fantasy news:

Here goes my friendliness meter. :-)

What a clown. The NFL really does need to do something about rookie salaries. I bet Singletary would like to put the pads on again and catch this guy in a route over the middle. lol. Didn't Mike Williams pull this just a few years ago and look how well that turned out. I'd be jumping through the roof like I won the lottery if I was in this guy's shoes. The guy should be grateful he was a high draft pick. I hope he gets blacklisted and no GM touch him this high next year, a full year out of the game, and won't nearly get the money he would this year. Anyway, let me wipe the spit off my monitor. Sorry, news like this is right up their with visiting the dentist office.

Mike Williams was the last to not play for a year. It obviously didn't work out for him being out of football for a year. His was a different issue though, he hired an agent during a rule change, then couldn't go back to school or enter the NFL at that time.

I agree with you though, I cannot see this working out well for him by sitting out a year. I don't think he would be drafted as high as he was this year (which would mean less money for him). Plus being out of football for a year doesn't help anyone.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby dblj9911 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:13 am

Mike Williams didn't sit out due to contract, he was out because he needed to be out of high school football for a longer period of time, he was in the whole lawsuit with Clarett(don't think it turned out to well for either of them).
I'm a 49ers fan, I think Crabtree can be a top wr in the league, once he signs. But he needs to stop listening to his adviser /cousin and sign, play his 3-4 years and then make all of his money in his second contract. If he doesn't sign teams will be worried about him sitting for a year and then will he still want top 5 money?? If he doesn't sign he will lose millions that he will never get back. Just sign and get your ass into camp.
dblj9911
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicResponse Team
(Past Year: 75)

Postby Dawinner127 » Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:38 am

dblj9911 wrote:Mike Williams didn't sit out due to contract, he was out because he needed to be out of high school football for a longer period of time, he was in the whole lawsuit with Clarett(don't think it turned out to well for either of them).
I'm a 49ers fan, I think Crabtree can be a top wr in the league, once he signs. But he needs to stop listening to his adviser /cousin and sign, play his 3-4 years and then make all of his money in his second contract. If he doesn't sign teams will be worried about him sitting for a year and then will he still want top 5 money?? If he doesn't sign he will lose millions that he will never get back. Just sign and get your ass into camp.

Two thumbs up ;-D ;-D I guess for Crabtree it really is all about the money.
A win next week and all is forgotten.
Dawinner127
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
(Past Year: 70)

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 08, 2009 2:53 pm

How much were the Niners offering? I have to think this is just a negotiating ploy by Crabtree. They will come to an agreement, probably within the next two weeks. Missing more than that and Crabtree won't be ready for opening day.
I wonder if his injury isn't as healed as he wants and maybe the holdout is to get some more time to heal?

While I disagree with a rookie salary structure, I do wish there was a better way to get these guys on the field.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk