Buy Steve Slaton? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Buy Steve Slaton?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Buy Steve Slaton?

Postby Kareighuis » Wed Oct 07, 2009 9:41 am

Is Slaton a buy now? He's averaging 3.3 y/c and his coach constantly expresses displeasure with his play. They keep bringing in RBs (Chris Henry being the latest) to take short/GL carries.
Kareighuis
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Buy Steve Slaton?

Postby 2ksports » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:35 pm

Kareighuis wrote:Is Slaton a buy now? He's averaging 3.3 y/c and his coach constantly expresses displeasure with his play. They keep bringing in RBs (Chris Henry being the latest) to take short/GL carries.

I was actually thinking he was a sell-high, b/c of what he did last week.
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Oct 07, 2009 1:44 pm

I'm trying to sell him. This situation reminds me too much of the Denver Broncos in the RBBC era. Slaton will get his share through the air, but the TD upside is just not there. Guy has 2 TDs through 4 weeks and he got that many only because of the cake matchup versus the worst in the league Raiders. I see a lot of 100+ total yard games with 0 TDs in Slatons future. Decent RB2, but not a guy that is potentially going to take home the title for you. I'm trying to move him right now in the one league where I own him for Desean Jackson type player.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby FatFoot » Wed Oct 07, 2009 4:43 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'm trying to sell him. This situation reminds me too much of the Denver Broncos in the RBBC era.

As opposed to this era of abject certainty that we're in now... ;-D
FatFoot
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby da bears » Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:58 pm

After watching Brown suck at the goal line last week I think Kubiak has to sit there and re-think his decision to take the goal line carries away from him. Hasn't Brown sucked in short yardage in the past too??? Slaton was solid there last year so the fact he actually stuck with that move was shocking to me. I'm personally going to buy on Slaton right now. If anyone who has watched a bit more of the Texans(watched 1 game) and can comment on them that'd be great but I thought the system in place in Houston was perfect for him so I assume he has to turn it around.
da bears
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 10)

Return to Football Talk