When do I drop Bulger - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

When do I drop Bulger

Moderator: Football Moderators

When do I drop Bulger

Postby e-man » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:44 am

Ok I am in a mess. I have 3 QB'S on my roster. Bledsoe,Warner,Bulger. When do I drop Bulger. This week, Or do I wait and see how the QB situation in St. Louis plays out.

With 3 top QB'S going down this weekend I am uneasy about letting Bulger go. Please help. TIA Erik
e-man
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby thelongestyard » Tue Nov 19, 2002 7:58 am

Unless you are desperate at another position, hold on to all three. Warner may have problems, and not having Bulger to put back in his place could be disastrous. At least check this out over the next few weeks. I have Brady, Bulger, and Warner, and plan to keep all three til the end of the FF season, unless one goes down for the count, like this weekend showed could happen.
thelongestyard
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fntsyrookie » Tue Nov 19, 2002 9:12 am

I agree. Did you see Warner when he came in to spell Bulger because of his finger? He looked terrible. Granted it was only one series, and his first one back in 5 games, and he didn't practice with the first team, and blah, blah, blah. Fact is he looked bad. Fact is he lost 5 straight when he was playing all game, and fact is if he looks bad next Sunday, Bulger may come in. Who knows?
fntsyrookie
General Manager
General Manager

Innovative MemberPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Nov 19, 2002 10:27 am

I agree with these guys,keep 'em all if you can.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

Postby DraftDodger » Tue Nov 19, 2002 11:57 am

I don't think Warner is worth having at all. He's obviously still injured and there's no reason to believe that he can regain last year's form. I'd drop him and hope that some idiot picks him up and plays him against you, only to have him replaced after a few series.

I'd certainly hold onto Bulger, who is the highest rated active QB. We could see him start at least another week, when the Rams start working Warner hard in practice and see that he can't go. Even if Warner starts, I'd say it looks good to see Bulger again.

Warner will do what Eason did in his last season with the Patriots ... come back from injury and poor play and lose a crucial game that the real starter could have won.

If Pennington is available, I'd drop Warner in a heartbeat, but with Bledsoe on your roster you don't exactly have to panic :)

If you drop anyone, drop Warner. We haven't seen the last of Bulger.
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Return to Football Talk