TE's on pace for record production this year.. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

TE's on pace for record production this year..

Moderator: Football Moderators

TE's on pace for record production this year..

Postby SameSongNDance » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:35 pm

SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Re: TE's on pace for record production this year..

Postby silverZ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:54 am

Makes sense. This only adds to the growing trend of waiting late in drafts for a TE.
circa 2005
silverZ
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Thu Oct 08, 2009 9:07 am

4 of the top 15 WR/TE scorers are TEs in my PPR league, and 7 in the top 25. Clark and Gates are #3 & 4.
I noticed the emergence of TEs into the top 15 a couple yaers ago and thought how most people missed the boat in not taking one of the elite TE early in the draft. Don't blow it by annoucing this news anymore, Same S & D. :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby SameSongNDance » Thu Oct 08, 2009 11:19 am

moochman wrote:4 of the top 15 WR/TE scorers are TEs in my PPR league, and 7 in the top 25. Clark and Gates are #3 & 4.
I noticed the emergence of TEs into the top 15 a couple yaers ago and thought how most people missed the boat in not taking one of the elite TE early in the draft. Don't blow it by annoucing this news anymore, Same S & D. :-b

Haha the words out...It's interesting though that there are like 10 TE's on par with one another. Aside from Clark's yardage, They all seem to be near 200 yards and 2 TD's. Those numbers are pretty solid considering how there are a lot of top 10 WR picks who aren't even close to those numbers.
SameSongNDance
Head Coach
Head Coach

CafeholicCafe Ranker

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:45 pm

moochman wrote:4 of the top 15 WR/TE scorers are TEs in my PPR league, and 7 in the top 25. Clark and Gates are #3 & 4.

if i understand youc orretcly...you are saying that it is a good idea to take a Te early...i view thsi info differently. i see that there are now a lot of Tes producing well...liek someone else said about 10 taht are doing good.

so i say dont take one early...wait on one of teh 7-10 guys...get just about the same production but 4 rounds later. i look at draft value...not straight production

i just dumped witten(i was drunk during teh draft...or i never woudl have drafted him) and got what i though was a good deal back bc i had winslow on my bench...who i feel comfortable playing from here on out
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flyn high again » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:14 pm

In one league, I grabbed Clark in round 6 after several other TEs had been taken. Got the best of both worlds by waiting that long. Clark singlehandedly won week 2 for me.

In my big money PPR league, TEs fly off the draft board so I let the big ones go to grab Brandon Jacobs [3] and Aaron Rodgers [4] and took Cooley in the 5th round. Grabbed Celek in the 13th. I may play 2 TEs this week since they are projecting out at 15 and 18 points respectively. Those are WR1 numbers for sure.
Go Bears!
Flyn high again
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk