The FF door Mat - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

The FF door Mat

Moderator: Football Moderators

The FF door Mat

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Oct 07, 2009 11:50 pm

De Ja Vu again. 4 weeks into the season and its business like usual. I always seem to score very high on average but matchup against the wrong guy and I always have a ton of points scored against me. I have to score 120 in standard Yahoo to win while others win with 75. Its just the way it is. Scheduling carries a ton of weight as to how your team will do that year. You might not know it week 1 but you could already be doomed even before you finish it.

I look at the other team and can't possibly envision them beating me. Then you get your Heath Miller's, Sims Walkers, and Nate Washington's going off against you. I can usually look at a guys roster and just know who is going to kill me. Its always the guy you look at and say "he never has been and never will be". This week it will be Mendenhall and Sidney Rice because I lost on the claim due to highest score in the league to the guy I'm playing against.

Anyone else feel like they can't ever get a break anymore?

Oh wait almost forgot. Whine Whine Complain Complain.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: The FF door Mat

Postby kickureface » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:03 am

happens to me sometimes. some of it is you letting them pick up those guys though :P
kickureface
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby iamgregg » Thu Oct 08, 2009 6:39 am

In one of my leagues there is an 0-4 team ranked dead last who also happens to have the 2nd highest total points.
iamgregg
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Philliebuster » Thu Oct 08, 2009 7:33 am

This could very well be me, but I implemented 3 matchups per week in cbs.sportsline league. I am sitting at 8-4. The league loves it and covers this nonsense that is described herein. It makes for great competetion. I highly suggest it.
Philliebuster
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:04 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:De Ja Vu again. 4 weeks into the season and its business like usual. I always seem to score very high on average but matchup against the wrong guy and I always have a ton of points scored against me. I have to score 120 in standard Yahoo to win while others win with 75. Its just the way it is. Scheduling carries a ton of weight as to how your team will do that year. You might not know it week 1 but you could already be doomed even before you finish it.

I look at the other team and can't possibly envision them beating me. Then you get your Heath Miller's, Sims Walkers, and Nate Washington's going off against you. I can usually look at a guys roster and just know who is going to kill me. Its always the guy you look at and say "he never has been and never will be". This week it will be Mendenhall and Sidney Rice because I lost on the claim due to highest score in the league to the guy I'm playing against.

Anyone else feel like they can't ever get a break anymore?

Oh wait almost forgot. Whine Whine Complain Complain.

Last year I had a horrible season - actually my team was pretty good, but I played against the breakout player of the week or the highest scoring team. I went 6 games where 5 of them I lost by 6 points or less(3 were 2 points or less) and in each of those games there was a player that was not expected to score well and they did.

In the same league this year, it seems to be happening again. I am sitting at 1-3 and already lost 2 games by less than 7 points combined
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby shawngee03 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:39 am

iamgregg wrote:In one of my leagues there is an 0-4 team ranked dead last who also happens to have the 2nd highest total points.

in one of my 12 team leagues our last place guy, 0-4, has the 3rd highest points....pretty amazing
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby silverZ » Thu Oct 08, 2009 8:57 am

I lead my league in points and have a 2-2 record. The only 4-0 team has 120 less points than me. Makes me wonder why no one plays total points or roto football.
circa 2005
silverZ
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 4)

Postby Maris09 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 12:43 pm

silverZ wrote:I lead my league in points and have a 2-2 record. The only 4-0 team has 120 less points than me. Makes me wonder why no one plays total points or roto football.

Because most teams will be out of it by midseason.
There are issues either way you do it. One is more "fair" and the other is more fun for everyone involved.

I'm in the same boat as the guy who started the thread. Lost my first 3 weeks, but would have beaten 90% of the other teams. Then weak four I finally score a leage high 147 points.....and my opponent only scores in the 70's....
Just the H2H way I guess.
Maris09
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby bungle613 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:33 pm

That doesn't happen to me until the Superbowl. I got beat soundly in a very competitive league last year by Kilroy who started Thigpen, Rhodes, Benson, Bradie James and Brandon Meriweather.

Just plain outmanaged me.

You seem to be doing fine in Movin C4L if I recall correctly. (insert inside joke symbol here) argghh... what a bad trade that was. :-b
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Oct 08, 2009 1:38 pm

I had one of these moments last week. My 'gooder' team, 2-1 going into last week, was playing the only team in the league who didn't have a win. I ran up over 90 points, but the winless team ran up almost 150 on me. Stupid SF defense.
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Next

Return to Football Talk